“Car parts stollen in gated parking lot!”

Hilton Atlanta Airport
Ranked #90 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for one night before going on a week vacation out of the country. The staff seemed friendly and wanted to "help" us save money by leaving our car in their gated, security guarded parking lot instead parking at the airport. It cost $10 to leave our car there for the week verses a lot more at the airport. We didn't felt good about the decision because the parking lot was gated, guarded by a security guard, well lit by light posts and there were security cameras on the light posts. When I got back home from vacation and started my Kia Sorento it sounded like an motorcycle! Someone had stollen a part from underneath my car! I got home and got it checked out and found out that the part had to be welded out from underneath my car. I was livid! If the security guard was doing his job and security cameras were rolling and someone was paying attention to them, I wouldn't have had to pay ($400) for a car part and the labor to fix my car! I was extremely disappointed with the Hilton and the way they handled the situation. They didn't refund our money for parking or our night in the hotel room, they gave us the run around when it came to finding someone to talk to about the issue and in the end they did nothing!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Dadams12, Owner at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear LindseyB:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We take the safety and security of guests seriously and will investigate this matter fully. Please contact me directly, with specifics, so our head of Security can look in to this matter immediately.

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to having you as a return guest. I am confident your next experience will be more in keeping with your expectations of Hilton Hotels.

Dee Adams
Executive Assistant, Hilton Atlanta Airport

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Wifi charge was $15 a day, outrageous in this day and age to charge that much. Other than that the room was reasonable and the shuttles to-and-from the airport were every 15 minutes or so. nowhere obvious to get breakfast though and the rooms are very dark with minimal lighting. I had all the lights on in my room and struggled to avoid eye strain at my computer

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank A P
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear AP,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of our wireless internet service.

However, while we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet; we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. Please note that the non VPN price for HSIA is only $9.95 and that we provide complimentary HSIA to all of our Gold and Diamond HHonors guests. You would be suprised on how quickly you can attain this status. We would be happy to help you sign up during your next stay.

We hope you will consider staying with us again.

David Piscola

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Booked an overnight stay at this airport hotel.
The room we were allocated was very spacious and we were pleasantly surprised.
Very comfy bed and the amenities were great. Didn,t eat in the hote so unable to comment.
Front desk staff very helpful and polite. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

got an excellent deal for 2 rooms here for aug2012 only for 1 night. really close to the airport very convenient. lovely modern spacious rooms. nice new bathrooms and showers. we asked the hotel to provide a birthday cake for us personalised for our daughter who we were meeting in atlanta. this was done with no problem and was ready on arrival. although is says 12 dollars per night for parking this was actually free with the room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I booked this as an off-site Dragon-con hotel. The convention offers free shuttles to/from downtown Atlanta to the site. Not only was this cheaper, but it was quieter. No wild parties so one could sleep before another fun filled day. The shuttles were frequent enough and free. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. It continues to be a comfortable hotel with a nice atmosphere. I love the shuttle service to/from the airport. It comes frequently which is apppreciated after 12 hours of travel. Also it can take you to limited surrounding areas.
The rooms are very comfortable. Love the beds! The room was nicely decorated and conducive to relaxing or working.
Look out for specials. I originally booked a smaller room but was able to upgrade as a Hilton Honors member. We got a bigger room, access to Executive lounge and free breakfast. The staff was friendly and the maid service was great. I recommend this hotel for travellers, whether they be on business or just for fun.

Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank polarspeech
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our third stay at the Hilton Airport ATL. Frequent shuttle from the airport, quick and easy check in. Spacious lobby, clean and spacious rooms. We recently stayed in 1102 and 1107. King bed very comfortable, fast free wifi,, good working space. Bathroom clean and well appointed. Big, good quality towels, excellent quality toiletries. One design issue. Both 1102 and 1107 contain a single large piece of furniture- chaise longe and a large porter's chair, upholstered in grey with maroon piping. I imagine all the other rooms contain such pieces. To the designer they may have looked wonderful but as usable items they are useless. They take up a lot of room, harbor a lot of dust and are uncomfortable. In fact I don't think they are meant to be used.
Restaurant in the lobby is both attractive and good value. The bar in the lower lobby is functional, but that is about the most you can say for it. Walk over the road to Spondiivits for great drink and seafood. We have tried 5 or 6 hotels in the area and the Hilton is the best. They will do a deal if you arrive late and they have rooms.

Room Tip: If you want to pay the extra for a room with access to the exec bar and breakfast room then great. I...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I'll preface my review by mentioning that i'm a stickler when it comes to cleanliness. Other than the nightstands clearly not being dusted in some time, I was most disappointed / disgusted by the bodily hair found on the bathroom floor and in the bathroom sink. I've made a couple attempts to contact Hilton regarding my exoerience. I still have not heard back from them and it's been almost a month since my stay. I always, always, always stay at Hilton hotels while traveling. My loyalty to the chain has changed following this experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly L
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Kelly L,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us.

I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room and bathroom, I sincerely apologize for this. These are two of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests.

I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

David Piscola

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
The Westin Atlanta Airport
The Westin Atlanta Airport
#99 of 172 in Atlanta
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Been to Hilton Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!