“The Friendly Oasis”

Hilton Atlanta Airport
Ranked #89 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Atlanta Airport after a really miserable airplane trip. When I arrived, hours late, I was jetlagged, tired, my back was out, my sciatica was acting up, and things had gone wrong all day. I had scheduled an extra day, because I knew that travel from SF to ATL with my back was likely to be challenging, but I was a MESS when I checked in.

Staff greeted me with friendly care, from the car valet to the desk clerk. They seemed to know from a look that I was in a bad state, and were kind. I was checked into my room in no time.

The room was blissfully comfortable and clean. I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door, and was not disturbed (I know this should not be a surprise, but I have been in too many hotels where housekeeping staff had to "just check" to see if I wanted something.) They left me alone, which is what I wanted, and I bathed and slept off the misery. Woke up at an odd hour, no problem, 24 hour room service. Slept some more, still no hassle from anyone.

To me, this is exactly what a hotel should be: a comfortable resting place at the end of a journey. I had good experiences on my "recovery day" in the restaurants and the gift shop.

In fact, I have only one gripe: in my room on the "Executive Floor" the wifi was very weak. I had to use the Ethernet connection with my laptop, and I could not use the wifi with my smartphone at all. Seriously, that needs fixing.

But otherwise, this was perfect. If you need a friendly oasis, this Hilton is just right.

Room Tip: Room 1314 had very poor wifi. If wifi is important to you, you may want to inquire about the signal...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,826)

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were late chinking the crew was very nice and helpful. We got a executive suite. The review I read before I booked said the hotel was not clean and the beds were really bad. I must say that wasn't true. The room we got was very clean the bathroom was beautiful and the bed was really nice. I slept like a baby. My yorkie loved the room house keeping cleaned our room every day. I asked for a pull out bed they gave it and only coated $10 in total. And that bed was also nice. Our stay was great in fact we plan on going back in a month. I loved the inside pool. They helped me give my boyfriend a pool party. So for those people who had a bad time there so sorry. I wish you had the staff we had. All stars five in fact. I have pictures to show how clean it was.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was very optimistic based in prior reviews but boy was I wrong! I stayed in a double junior suite on the 13th floor. First, we check in and the room was hot. Called front desk. Maintenance comes in...takes off vent cover and turns it upside down it took the room all day to cool down but the bathroom was still hot. Called maintenance the next day ...they go on top the roof to turn on the exhaust fan which was apparently not on. Day 2, woke up late. Took "do not disturb" sign off door at 12 noon. Got dressed and called front desk they connected me to house keeping and I specifically told the girl the situation and that we needed our room cleaned ASAP. We get back about 10 pm and guess what our room was not cleaned. Manager Debra called back apologized...I think, she really did not seem too concerned. Someone sent a boy named Antoine...please give him a raise! He was kind, considerate, the epitome of hospitality. He made sure everything was done right and was finished by the time the housekeeper showed up. Antoine's manners and politeness smoothed things out for me...upper management could stand to take a few pointers from this kid.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stay here a lot on business and my organization holds courses here several times a year. Bottom line this hotel fits the business traveler or anyone visiting Atlanta well. Staff is incredibly efficient and polite which makes both stays and conducting business here pleasant. Hotel food is pretty decent with the standout being the lunch buffet which is changed daily throughout the week. Transportation to/from the airport runs every 20 minutes during peak times and the drivers are accommodating to your schedule.

Due to its size and ample banquet rooms; the hotel hosts many events and some can be very loud during the day...I recall having stayed here when there was a junior beauty pageant and there were literally hundreds of girls and their families all over the property (thankfully it only lasted three days). This is the exception, but if you're really averse to this, call the hotel and see what events are booked. Conducting business here has never been a problem and distractions such as the one mentioned did not affect our overall mission.

That being said, this is my hotel of choice in Atlanta. The rooms have been renovated over the past year with a modern look and are comfortable. They have a great gym for a hotel and outdoor/indoor pools if you want to workout. The surrounding area has plenty of eateries and Delta Airlines headquarters is right across the street; that being said, the neighborhoods nearby are not the best and though walking to restaurants is no problem after dark, it's best to maintain vigilance and keep to the beaten path.

Room Tip: The rooms on the SW side allow great views of the runways of Hartsfield-Atlanta airport (if you'...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was bumped from a flight and the airline put me up in the Hilton for the night. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable with all of the amenities I would expect at a hotel for frequent in/out travelers. The lobby cafe served starbucks coffee which was a big plus for me.
Loved the sports bar on site, great place to unwind and connect with other travelers.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hotel was recently updated so rooms were nice; bedding comfortable. A big sign in the hallway advised occupants to keep quiet after 10 p.m. which was a red flag. That evening two separate parties were talking very loudly right outside our door at 12 and 2 in the morning, disrupting our sleep. The weekend seemed to draw quite a few "family reunions" with lots of children and activity; they were understaffed; no one answered the phone twice when I called for a pick-up after dinner which was promised. Wouldn't stay there again and wouldn't recommend for a business traveler at least in the summer months!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Delrah,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. I am pleased to see that you found our hotel to be convenient for your needs.

I am sorry to see that you were disturbed by your neighboring guests. As a hotel that prides itself on its ability to provide excellent service to both business and summer vacation travelers, I am saddened to hear that we did not live up to your expectations.

We look forwards to having you as a return guest so you can better experience our normal high level of service. We can certainly place you onto one of our Business floors for a more sedate experience.

David Piscola

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am on the road 50-60 days a year. This is a nice clean comfortable hotel. Very nice rooms.

1  Thank RSTT3959