“Sorry Westin, but I have switched to the Hilton!”

Hilton Atlanta Airport
Ranked #91 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Sorry Westin, but I have switched to the Hilton!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

As my title would suggest, I use to stay at the Westin in Atlanta, but for simple reasons I switched to the Hilton which is as you would expect any Hilton to be. Last and this year they updated the rooms that are very nice.

If you have to stay at the airport, this is perfect.

Also ask for the free wifi on check-in! They should give it too you if your nice to them!

Eat breakfast out! It's well overpriced for what it is! (that's the only downside)

Oh and I almost forgot, I travel to Atlanta a lot, and always go to Spondivits which is walking distance from the Hilton! Come out of the hotel, turn right and walk for for 3min over the bridge.... Always packed!!!great seafood.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Arnold, Missouri
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was pleased with my stay at this hotel all in all. The check in was flawless, was given an upgraded room due to HHonors status, along with free breakfast vouchers in the main restaurant. Complimentary breakfast was offered in the executive lounge but the selection was limited so I took advantage of the restaurant, which offered the best omelette station I've been to in a long time. Bedroom looked to be refurbed within the past few years and had a huge TV and a nice king size bed. The hotel shower was roomy and excellent. (Parents be advised that if you happen to have children that don't like showers, there didn't appear to be any rooms with bathtubs, though I may be wrong. Didn't matter to me since my kids weren't here this time and the shower was awesome). The hotel is also well insulated and you don't notice the major international airport in your backyard. Lots of ample parking space and a good complimentary shuttle to the airport and MARTA station. (If you stay out here for more than a few days, there isn't much in the local area, so I advise going into downtown or Buckhead to look for food/entertainment/drinks).

My biggest problem is that this hotel has the most unreliable internet connection in a business center and executive lounge I have ever seen. The internet kept resetting and closing the browser every 5-10 minutes. I was trying to complete the last couple of pages of a project (laptop was out of commission) and I kept losing my work. There was nothing suggesting that time was limited to this short increment. This really nearly spoiled my stay as I have used business center internet in the past at other Hiltons with no problem. My colleague who brought a laptop with him informed me that the internet seemed OK in the rooms.

Alcohol in the executive lounge was also overpriced. I get that state law probably doesn't allow free drinks, but at other Hiltons I have seen liquor and beer offered at rates substantially below the price of the hotel bar during happy hour. I think that this would be a good way for rewarding HHonors loyalty or the fact that someone paid more money for the executive floor.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed here after a long day of travel from the UK and a long wait for immigration and my rental car. I was in a foul mood when I arrived but the very friendly chinese/american girl at check-in (Guilin I think) was so friendly and enthusiastic that I couldn't help smiling. Parking was $11 for one night,which I thought was a bit pricey as there was plenty of space and I was a hotel guest.
There were several dining options which is good for a bog standard airport Hilton. I opted for the Finish Line sports bar downstairs at the back of the hotel. I slept well in the big comfy room and was well rested for work the following day.

Room Tip: The south facing rooms have a grandstand view of the busiest airport in the world. Watching the shee...
1 Thank rolaaand
Cleveland, GA
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed here one night so as to be close to the airport for our early next day flight. Check in was super easy with our Priceline confirmation printout. Front desk staff and concierge were friendly and efficient. Our room was very clean and comfortable. I had called earlier in the week to request a king bed, but we ended up with double fulls. Not a huge deal, as they were careful to tell me it couldn't be guaranteed due to using Priceline. Parking was free, in a gated secure lot.

Overall, I would stay here again under similar circumstances. It was a short 10 minute drive to the North Terminal Economy lot.

Room Tip: Be sure to retain a room key card after checking out, as that is how you activate the parking gate t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William T
Huntsville, Ontario
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here just the once but worth mentioning. Got a good rate for this above par hotel. Rooms large and very clean, nice staff, nice looking new look everywhere. offered a good menu to choose from at 10pm for dinner right from the lobby area. Room service, lots of parking. Close to airport or ball game south of down town right off the Hwy. Great sleep. great value for a Hilton.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank andypegonthego
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My son as part of a school trip stayed for 2 nights this week. He enjoyed the experience and loved the breakfast. Unfortunately he misplaced his iPod Touch. After his return we called the hotel and after the 2nd attempt the iPod was found and will be mailed to us. Thank the staff for the honesty. Great to know that the good character and honesty still exists. Thank You to the staff and to the person (W.W.)who found it and turned it in. You know who you are. :)

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pioti D
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Pioti D,

Thank you for taking the time to not only provide some commentary here but in also sending a letter to the hotel about your recent stay.

I will be sure to share your kind note with the team.

We all look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

David Piscola
USA
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Great Service, good food and the recent remodel makes this hotel a great place to stay in Atlanta. Thanks to Archie, Robert and Evelyn for great service and making a trip easy. The hotel is clean, and comfortable. And, thanks to the Director of Marketing who stopped as he was walking by to help us hang a banner!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank phiffer123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
The Westin Atlanta Airport
The Westin Atlanta Airport
#118 of 173 in Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Been to Hilton Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!