“Fabulous Four Seasons”

Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
Ranked #7 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed May 4, 2006

Wow. If you want service, this is the place. I live in Atlanta and frequently take "in town gettaways" at hotels in the area i.e. Westin Peachtree Plaza, Westin Buckhead (formerly Swissotel), Ritz Buckhead, Ritz Downtown, etc. There is no comparison to this hotel. I had a "Terrace Room", which highly recommend. The terrace is large with chairs and a table on it. Exquisite views of Midtown. The room itself is very spacious and the bed was wonderful. The shower/bath was also exquisite with L'Occitane conditioner, shampoo and lotion. Wonderful thirsty, thick towels. The mini bar has EVERYTHING in it you need. We drank and ate almost everything in it. BEWARE - it is expensive. The total for the minibar alone was $164 but this was my fault, just being lazy. I needed something kind of random and the bellman had it at my door in 5 minutes. Anything you want, just call the concierge and it is yours. If you want to babied in total luxury, this is your place. Do not bother with The Ritz, trust me. I live only 5 miles from this hotel but I can tell you, I will be back soon!! Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank MauiMaiTai007

Reviewed April 27, 2006

This review is quite late, but I did want to write about the excellent weekend I spent in Atlanta late last year (Oct). Stayed at the 4 Seasons in a lovely room. The hotel is a short walk (uphill for a block or two) from the station whose line runs to/from the airport. After check-in, asked the concierge if the hotel served afternoon tea, but found out reservations are normally required. The concierge was kind enough to call the restaurant and a table was set for me right away. The hotel also offers complimentary car service within a certain mileage and this saved me from having to rent a car or use a taxi. I used the car service to go to the Atlanta History Center to tour the beautiful Swan House and afterwards had a delicious meal among the "ladies who lunch" at the charming Swan Coach House.
The hotel car also dropped me off in the Sweet Auburn area and I then walked to the Martin Luther King National Historic Site (an interesting walk-be cautious. It would be nice if the City offered a narrated shuttle around this neighborhood). I learned a lot at the museum, the exhibits are very moving. Don't forget to go across the street and see the Ebenezer Baptist Church. I also used the car to take me to my appointment at the Neem Tree Spa in West Midtown Atlanta. Asha and Robert are incredible. The massage and facial were amazing and then afterwards Asha served an awesome meal. Inquiring about how I intended to get back to the hotel downtown, Asha volunteered Robert to drive me back and he was very gracious. Visited the Margaret Mitchell Museum which you can walk to from the 4 Seasons. The apartment is very small and the museum mostly displays papers, but it was still fun. Enjoyed the High Museum and purchased a ticket on the spot for the Atlanta Symphony that evening at the adjacent symphony hall. The museum/symphony hall is just a block or two away from the 4 Seasons if you cut through a construction site and another building. Atlanta surprised me because I hadn't expected the streets to be so empty, more people drive, as it is here in Los Angeles where I live. I was a little uncomfortable walking down this path, but it is wel-lit and the alterate route on the street was just as barren and then one would have to walk uphill. Tried to eat everything on the menu at the South City Kitchen, very close to the hotel. Discovered shrimp and grits is a wonderful idea! All-in-all, a great weekend at at fabulous hotel.

• Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank MotosMom
Reviewed February 21, 2006

We just returned from a weekend celebration for my husband's 45th birthday. We also took our kids with us ages 6 and 8. They were welcomed with a big cookie on a plate with their names written in chocolate along with cold milk that was left in the private bar in the room. They absolutely loved this, my 6 year old was elated that his name was spelled correctly.

We requested an upgrade and was given a room on a higher floor and a corner room, which means we have two windows with a good view of the city. We requested a roll away bed and it arrived at the same time as we did.

Although the lobby and the main areas are quite fancy the rooms are moderately decorated and on the small side compared to other places we have stayed with our kids.

Overall, service is above average and the conciere was very helpful with dinner plans. We did not try the restaurant in the Four Seasons, which I understand is tops...we had room service one morning and the kids' meals arrived with Winnie the Pooh plates and cups. The kids were also given a fish to encourage you to visit the new Georgia Aquarium. My family also loved the pool. It is one of the best...no chlorine smell. The water in the pool is salt water, which I understand is better for your skin.

The stay was good and the experience was good, but I would not hurry back to the Four Seasons in Atlanta.

9  Thank YoloLady