“Awesome stay!!”

Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
Ranked #7 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this from my comfy bed at the Four Seasons! My husband & I drove from Arkansas to Savannah for our honeymoon. After a wonderful week we decided to stop in Atlanta on our way home. I am so glad we did!! The Four Seasons was one of the highlights of our trip! I found the hotel on Priceline for $199-- wonderful rate. The hotel is beautiful, the staff were all amazing, the fitness center/saltwater pool was fabulous, & the room was comfortable with a great view! Upon check in we told staff we were on our honeymoon & about an hour ago they brought us up a bowl of sweets!! I am so impressed & we are planning to spend our first Valentines day here!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank StephP1121
FS-ATL, Director of Room at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

StephP1121

First off, I'm sure you can never get enough of hearing 'congrats' on your recent nuptials! Everyone at Four Seasons Atlanta is happy to know we were an extended part of your honeymoon.

I'm so glad you had the chance to experience not only our wonderful staff, but also some of our amenities. We look forward to celebrating year one with you and spoiling you all over again!

Have a wonderful year and a wonderful life together!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The good news is that the staff is unfailingly polite and very well trained and the location is good. The bad news is that the rooms are small and the bathrooms smaller. The beds are in need of replacement and what major brand hotel doesn't leave water at the bedside? The sound deadening material is poor as noise filters in from the halls and other rooms. On the whole, it's not for me.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roadtri
FS-ATL, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Roadtri,

Thanks for your review and so sorry to read about your experience with us. We're constantly making improvements around the hotel and hope you will stay in touch and consider staying with us the next time your travels call for a trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Very Nice treatment, nice large bedroom. Great southern breakfast was included in our rate.
Very welcoming and professional staff who amazed my son by learning his name and calling him by name every time they saw him.
Very comfortable bathroom with separate shower and tub.
Awesome Bvlgari toiletries.

• Stayed: July 2013
FS-ATL, Director of Rooms at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Pilarcm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your kind comments. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Generally, you can't go wrong staying at a Four Seasons, and this one was no exception. The hotel is conveniently located in midtown, right near several good restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful across the board. Great gym and pool facilities (though the hot tub is a half circle that faces the wall, which seems a bit odd). Overall, staying here was a very nice experience, and I had only two minor issues: 1) There are no coffeemakers in the rooms. There is complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby each morning, but it means getting dressed to go down and get it. 2) The rooms felt a bit dated. Nice, but they could use a refresh. Otherwise, I have no hesitation in recommending the Four Seasons Atlanta for your next stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a premier suite, if possible - corner room with windows on two walls. Helps eliminate som...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear bmajor1, Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! It is our pleasure to be your home-away-from-home and we hope to welcome you back soon! We're constantly collecting feedback from our guests to make improvements around the hotel and will be sure to keep your comments in mind.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Four Season on 14th St. is wonderufl. The room was beautiful and clean. The staff is nice and very accomidating. In an era where hotels are all part of your experience in a city and our expectations for hospitality are so high, the Four Seasons Atlanta met and exceeded all expectations.
The spa was wonderful -- they have an amazing "happy hour" spa special.
I worked out before work and the fitness center was clean and had everything you need. Also, it wasn't too crowded which can sometimes be an issue in hotel gyms.
Stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Logan T,

Thank you so much for your kind review! It is wonderful to know that your entire stay--from your guest room to The Spa. We are over the moon to hear that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back whenever you travel to Atlanta and we'll be sure to share this glowing review with our staff!

All the best,

Reviewed August 1, 2013

When I want to treat my wife well we stay at a luxury hotel. In Atlanta that means one of the two Ritz locations or the St. Regis. I have always heard very good things about the Four Seasons, they have a very good name. It wasn't until 2 weeks ago that I finally stayed with my wife for 2 nights.

I was very underwhelmed. I expect something special from a luxury hotel. When I go to the Ritz their rooms are nice but not amazing. The thing the Ritz does is treat you like royalty. Drive in and you are greeted by 3 or 4 people. They run up, hold the door open for my wife and I. They are consistent in high level service. My wife enjoys the high service level as do I so we like the Ritz.

The St. Regis takes it up a notch, same high level service plus a very nice room that is far beyond the nice hotel room available elsewhere.

So what happened at the Four Seasons? Drove in and waited finally asked someone to help us with our car and bags. Entered the lobby (very nice) and it took them a long time to find my reservations even though I had printed out my confirmation (to their credit they were apologetic and very nice). Hotel room was OK, very much like the Ritz, nice but no wow, not much better than my business trips at a Marriott property.

TV went out. They are on dish and there was a thunderstorm. I do not fault them for the weather, they do not control the weather. My wife noticed they have a DVD player. We did not think of needing DVDs so we did not bring any with us. I called the front desk, they referred me to the concierge, "we don't have a DVD library, but we do have a few DVDs", they had 10 DVDs (we had seen them all before). Why put a DVD player in every room and then offer 10 DVDs.

The pool was awesome. Nice men's locker room (hot and dry sauna) nice lap pool with a very Roman/Greek atmosphere. Water bottles waiting when done. This was the single most impressive thing about the hotel.

Had a B&B package and planned to go the restaurant but they don't offer breakfast after 10:00--really? Ordered off the room service menu, nice but lots of fees (very common I realize) that meant we paid for our free breakfast.

Called ahead prior to checking out make sure the car would be ready. We stood outside while staff talked with each other. The car was parked out front so my wife and I with baby carrier in tow made our way to the car. I expected to draw someones attention when we did this, no luck. I would have put the baby in the car but the car was too close to the wall. We stood. Eventually someone noticed us. As we drove away both of us decided that would be our last stay at a Four Seasons.

Prior to our visit my impression was that there were 3 luxury brands in ATL. It appears I was wrong, there are only 2--Ritz and St. Regis.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WeLovetheBeachtoo
Dan N, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

WeLoveTheBeachToo,

First off, thanks for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that we did not provide the experience you anticipated and we will keep your thoughts on file as we take note of the things we must improve to ensure that every guest has a memorable stay with us. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Director of Rooms & Operations

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I LOVE staying at the Four Seasons Hotel - Atlanta! From the moment you pull up to the hotel you are greated by the warm wonderful staff. Everyone here is ALWAYS extremely friendly and go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable! Also, the location cannot be beat - the walkability to everything...especially Piedmont Park is wonderful. This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and eveytime I come away relaxed and refreshed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jean S

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location -- especially since we are near many of the city's most popular destinations, including Piedmont Park! We look forward to welcoming you back for your third stay sometime soon! And just a quick factoid for you while I have your attention...Piedmont Park is 185 acres and is often referred to as the Central Park of the south. It was designed by Frederick Olmsted, one of the original architects of New York's Central Park.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!