“Good location and stay with minor missings.”

Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
Ranked #10 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Good location and stay with minor missings.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I frequent Atlanta often, primarly for plays at the Fox. On this occastion we decided to stay here and walk the area, primarily Piedmont Park and the Botanical Gardens. From the onboard valet parking to leaving the hotel staff was excellent, could not have been better...valet/reception/spa/door greeters/security that found my credit card...so kuddos to the staff.

So management...great job training and staff selection...some minor points...to use the internet in the business center requires a credit card and you are charged by the minute, I believe. This is nuts for a 4 star property. Also, I had a coke and vitamin water that cost $15 and nowhere could I find on the website how much valet parking was ($32 per night). I don't so much mind paying more but it just cheapens an experience when you feel nicked and dimed.

The property needs a little interior facelift....much of the furniture in the resaurant and lounge looks dated and belongs in a Hilton Garden. The exception was the workout room and spa which had very nice features.

Overall a good stay with excellent staff training and execution that offset what appears to be some less than optimal pricing decisions.

Room Tip: There is a parking lot right next to the property for those that might not like the valet option.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Airstrip1
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Airstrip1,

Thanks, not only for staying with us, but for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're so glad to hear that you found our staff to be excellent; our team and the service they provide is truly what makes our hotel so special.

We are in the constant process of updating and renovating the interior and decor of the property, in fact, we recently completed a full renovation of our Grand Ballroom and suites. We will keep your comments in mind as we move forward.

We understand your frustration with the internet and valet parking fee. Our Internet service does come along with on-site tech support 24 hours, which is the reason for the fee. Our parking is handled by a third party vendor and those rates are analyzed twice, annually to ensure we remain competitive without comprising service.

Again, we appreciate your comments and hope you'll be back to stay with us the next time you are in town for a show.

Dan Normandin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here because of reputation, always wanted to stay at the Four Seasons. I typically like the W Hotel or Loews, more modern and "hip" hotels. The only complaint was the hotel was very traditional, with many older guests, and an older style. It does have a great terrace restaurant. We dined there and Oprah was right next to us! Restaurants behind the hotel in Midtown are hip and casual, too. If you are a young couple, this hotel will be very boring for you. No doubt it's quiet for a sound night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Licenciada
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Licenciada,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review. It's comments like yours that keep us on our toes as we look for ways to enhance the hotel and the overall guest experience. Our number one priority is to make sure everyone who visits us feels that they've stepped into their 'home away from home' and that every part of their experience is comfortable and enjoyable.

It sounds like we did that during your stay and I look forward to having you back with us for another peaceful night away from home.

Fremont, CA
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My experience was superior in every way. From the moment I was greeted until departure every employee was enthusiastic about helping.

My room was well decorated and my bed was very comfortable. The minibar was well stocked with a variety of items.

Two items of criticism: $30.00 per day parking is too steep and internet should be free. The $8.00 per day for internet is not that bad but many hotels provide free internet.

Room Tip: My room was perfect. Any room should be a good room. However, I can only speak from my experience in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mazda20
Mazda20,

'Fantastic!' Now that's a word we love to hear and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Finally, we look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons the next time you're in Atlanta!

Birmingham AL
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to stay here after reading tons of rave reviews online. It was between the Four Seasons and the St. Regis. However, we decided to stay at the Four Seasons because we had never stayed at one before and because of their so called "car service" that could transport us to and from dinner nearby. Big mistake. We checked in late afternoon and had 9pm dinner reservations at a place that was within their car service range. I talked to the girl at the front desk and inquired more about the car service. She told me that I would just need to call down 15 minutes prior to when we needed to be taken to our dinner. She said that because of the range (a few mile radius) of where the car service went we would only have to wait 15 minutes at most. I called down around 7 asking if we could get the car to take us to dinner: we were just going to go early to have a drink at the bar. The concierge said that the car was "on a run" and he would have to call me back to let me know when the car would be available to take us to dinner. He called me back and said that the car was on "an extended trip" and would be back in 45 minutes...even though I was told when checking in that the car only ran a few mile radius!!! So, we just went down to the Four Season bar to have a drink while we waited very patiently. I called back at 8 and talked to the same guy at the concierge desk and he said that the car still wasn't back yet. We waited around 15 more minutes and walked down there to see for ourselves what the issue was. He said that the car wouldn't be back for another hour (that's right, I said hour!!) but he would be glad to call us a cab....!! Gee, thanks! I am paying $300/night and would prefer to not have to pay an extra cab fare because the so called courtesy car has been gone for the last few hours!! He told me to call him when we finished dinner and he would send the car immediately! So, when we ordered dessert, we called the concierge only to find out the car stopped running at 10!!! We were given no explanations and apologies as to what the issues were. Needless to say, we will stay at the St Regis for future Atlanta trips.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank micdee557
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
micdee557,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta.

I am extremely disappointed to hear of your recent experience with our complimentary car service and assure you that I will investigate the matter to see how and why your experience went so wrong. I sincerely apologize.

We absolutely pride ourselves on our car service (and many other services we offer) as a part of the Four Seasons experience that keeps our guests happy and loyal. I truly hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Atlanta!

Have a great rest of the week!

-Dan Normandin
new york
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was our first Time visiting in Atlanta. We stayed in this hotel for one night and we enjoyed it very much. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and pretty. We had a beautiful breakfast and lunch. The food was fresh and the service was exceptional. We were offered the hotel on site driver for our local drop off which was a super delight. Complimentary but we did tip our driver who was very friendly. Overall great southern hospitality here!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sablel
Sablel,

Southern hospitality is exactly what we strive for! So glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the complimentary car service in our Jaguar XJL. Since it appears that you enjoy the very best in cuisine, please try our Chef's Table, Kitchen Table or Burger Bar on your next visit.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights at FS Atlanta with our two boys (4 years and 3 months). Incredible service, the staff went above and beyond to make our four year old have a memorable stay. From a gift at arrival, kid sized robe and slippers, apple juice, cookies and jelly beans in the room, they really love kids!
At Park 75, they have a kids menu and our little boys meals were free because his was under five.

The hotel is beautiful and service is outstanding, like a typical FS. What really impressed us was the attention to our children. We had never taken them to such a "fancy" hotel, but no worries....the staff was so lovely to them! Everyone was warm and welcoming in ALL parts of the hotel--desk, valet, restaurant, pool, spa, even the workmen!

Would stay again and again!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank numkinsmama
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is my fourth stay at the conveniently located and priced right Sofitel in Xi'an. I stayed in the West wing with my fiance this time but in summer this is of little consequence. The breakfast was good, the room was clean and in good order, room service delivered, and check in and check out were smooth. The English level was also good. There isn't anything to complain about. I particularly like the easy walk to the Bell Tower from here, about 15 minutes.

Room Tip: You can get very good deals online.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple