“A good hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“A good hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Not great, but good. I prefer the Ritz in Buckhead. But if you must stay in Midtown, this is not a bad place. The location is pretty good. The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are a good size and decently appointed. Not a bad deal if you can get a good rate. But if you have to pay top dollar, I would think twice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brastumac
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
brastumac,

Many thanks for your review, although I'm disappointed to hear that we weren't able to 'Wow' you during your recent stay with us. I do hope you will give us another chance to prove that we strive for perfection in every regard and hope you will share any special requests you have the next time you make a reservation with us.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Dan Normandin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My son and I spent three wonderful nights at the Four Seasons. People would appear from nowhere to be at our service to give us driving tips, restaurant ideas for any cuisine, the rooms were impeccable and the Day Spa, unbelievable! Do stay!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Katz645,

I'm so glad you and your son enjoyed your stay with us--and in Atlanta. I especially appreciate the time you took to leave this review. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Regards,
Lutherville,md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been a guest at this hotel 28 times and will return whenever I am in Atlanta.This hotel located in midtown Atlanta is the place to be. It offers wonderful-spacious rooms,amazing service,very good restaurant, spa and gym, what else would you want or need on a business or family vacation?

From this hotel you can walk to the Botanical Gardens, Piedmont Park, High Museum or attend a concert. Many of the best new restaurants are also very close by.

In the bar you may bump into a sports personality or entertainer. Many of them live next door in the condominium tower which is part of the same property.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the 5th floor, some of the rooms have a balcony which is a treat in the nice weath...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JMICHAEL
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
JMichael,

First off, thanks so much for your loyalty to Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta and for your glowing remarks. We're so happy to know that we're your 'home-away-from-home.' We look forward to your return, soon!

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from staying at the Four Seasons Atlanta on a business trip. Service was excellent from check-in to concierge to waiters at restaurant. The room was well appointed with a fine bathroom. Spa change rooms are a bit small but the pool was a pleasure to swim in. Ate in both the restaurants and found the food quite good. Recommended if you need to be in Atlanta.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Happy_Vacationers2
Happy_Vacationers2,

Wow! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with us, recently! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers--and with me! Our entire staff--especially the culinary team--looks forward to welcoming you back!

Safe travels!
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently spent the weekend at the Atlanta Four Seasons hotel. I knew it was going to be a good stay when, not more than ten minutes into our visit, her dinner was deemed complimentary due to the fact that it did not come out at the same time as mine.

We made full use of the gym, pool, and business center. All of which were first class.
The only downside, is that some portions of hotel look a bit dated. However, this is more than made for by the outstanding, and I mean OUTSTANDING, service. From the time we drove up, until the time we drove off, the service was simply, impeccable. In my opinion, this is what makes a hotel.....controlling, the controllable, with maximum effect.

You can stay in the most modern facility Atlanta has to offer if you want to. As for me, I could not imagine staying anywhere else. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We book our room one week in advance, saving a bit of money.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FSHA-GM, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Dynosour,

I'm glad that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta. We truly pride ourselves on providing exemplary southern hospitality, and I'm happy to know you received nothing less. I also took note of your comments regarding our 'look,' and I want you to know that we're constantly making updates to maintain a fresh, clean look. Just last month we completed a full renovation of our Grand Ballroom and five guest room suites. Perhaps the next time you're with us, you'll experience the newer side of us.

Thanks again for your feedback. Continued safe travels!
Orchard Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed in the Presidential Suite at this hotel several times over the years.The living room is large and spacious. The bedroom and bathroom are perfect. This hotel has been meticulously maintained. The room was redecorated a few years back. I liked the old decor style (specifically the bedroom) more than the new....but it is still nice. I love the big windows overlooking the open green space across the street. The food (both at the restaurant as well as room service) is outstanding. Be sure to order the PEACH ICED TEA--- yummy!! The hotel has a wonderful spa and a gorgeous indoor pool. Service is perfection. If you have a personal assistant there is a nice large suite directly across the hall. My assistant loves that suite.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2ChildrenOfTheWorld,

Many thanks for posting your glowing review of our Presidential Suite. I hope you're enjoying the recent renovation of the Presidential Suite with the new kitchen, upgraded furnishings, carpeting and the overall new look. We're so happy with it and even more ecstatic that you're happy with us.

Have a great holiday season!

Best,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and we had a fantastic time! We needed an early check in and the front desk promptly acceded to our request. We were even lucky enough to get a floor on the 18th floor, the 2nd highest floor! The view was great and the room was fantastic and comfortable. King bed was excellent. Service / housekeeping / room service was excellent overall, and although we didn't get to use it,

I checked out the Spa and Gym - the swimming pool looked really nice and I wished I got up in time in the morning before we checked out to use it! Hotel doormen were very friendly and we were always able to get us a cab within a minute of our requests!

The only improvement I would suggest is a larger TV - the TV screen in our room was at most 36 inches. It's not a big deal, but the large room made the TV look small. Moreover, I was at a Hampton Inn / Travel-lodge / Comfort Inn a few weekends ago and those hotels / motels had large TV screens more than 42 or 46 inches large.

Room Tip: Take a room on the high floor - 18th or 19th would be best! West facing rooms were best, as you get...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks for your feedback Weezre23!

We are pleased to hear that you found your bed and room comfortable, felt the service you received was excellent and enjoyed the view!

We will absolutely consider your comments regarding the size of the guest room televisions as we continue to upgrade our rooms.

Thank you again! We hope you'll chose to stay with us again next time you are in Atlanta. We'll keep the pool ready and waiting for you!