“Not Blown Away”

Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
Ranked #6 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 28, 2008

I am always excited to stay at Four Seasons but.......This hotel didnt seem close to Four Season standards to me.We checked in late and had a nice experience with check in.Valet guys very helpful and pleasant.After going to the room,we discovered we were in a smoking room.We were ticked but decided to stay after A very long day and early wake up call for a meeting the next morning.It was not a great room.It was very dated and the linens really should be changed.The towels that were left were either very new or VERY old.The old were dingy and brown and right next to the new ones to make it even more obvious.Why wasnt this caught?The duvet under the coverlet was DISGUSTING,stains all over and brown,covered by a very crisp, starched and clean coverlet.We discovered this after the first night when we woke up and the cover had slipped off.So we slept under that without realizing.
Room service was prompt and delicious.And breakfast in the restaurant was also very good.The service is up to par for Four Seasons.
The hotel was packed with hockey players as the NHL Allstars were in town.With that said,there was a guy who was the coordinator for the players yelling in the lobby at players every time we were in the lobby.The only time It really became over the top was while we were eating breakfast on the "terrace"inside and he went on for the entire length of our breakfast.I think he should have been ask to lower his voice by the hotel which was NEVER done.
Am I being picky?Not really as these hotels pride themselves on perfection.There are tons of other choices in Atlanta and I think this one should step up there game before Its too late.
For the price we paid,this experience should be perfect and It just simply wasnt.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Star2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed December 28, 2007

I have not written a TripAdvisor review before, but feel compelled to note a particularly professional and classy gesture on behalf of the Four Seasons Atlanta management during a weekend stay in November 2007.

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons for a weekend while in town for a friend's wedding. On Saturday night, at approximately 3 a.m., we were awakened by a loud knocking at our door. Unfortunately, it turned out that a very drunk man in his mid-20s mistook the Four Seasons for the Marriott (in his defense, he wasn't off by much...the Marriott is right down the street), and would not quit knocking on the door and asking to be let in, as he was convinced that his friends were in our room. We eventually had to call security, who escorted him out of the hotel. The whole ordeal lasted about 10-15 minutes.

The next morning, as we got ready to leave for the airport, I noticed a note from the hotel management that had been left under our door. The hotel, without being requested, removed the entire charge of our room for Saturday night due to the disturbance. While one could argue that the hotel bears responsibility for allowing something like that to happen, I was still impressed that the Four Seasons comped our entire night - I can think of plently of hotels that would not have made a similar gesture.

In total, I found the hotel to be of a high quality with a professional staff. Comparable to other "downtown" Four Seasons hotels that I have frequented. Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cmburke99
Reviewed November 24, 2007

Personally, I am an extremely hard grader on hotels. A hotel has to absolutely perfect for me to give a full five stars, but here it is: I have given this property my extremely rare five stars.

Upon entering the lobby, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Although this property is fairly old, it has been kept in fairly good condition. A nice renovation has also taken place.

The moderate room is perhaps one of the largest standard hotel rooms in the city at 42 square meters (450 square feet). The bathroom is fairly large with a separate tub and a glass-enclosed shower. There are plenty of towels and robes. The one-king bed is extremely grand and comfortable with two bedside tables. The LG flat-screen television is of very high resolution, and included in the entertainment is a DVD player, which is extremely rare for inclusion in a hotel room. The view outside the room, although only on the seventh floor, is also a fairly nice one of midtown.

Our occupancy was a party of three. Upon booking, there was a choice between [one king bed] and [two twin beds]. We typically prefer two beds, but these beds were twin beds, which are extremely small, so we picked the one king bed. For a hotel room of 450 square feet, we would expect that two queen beds or at least two double beds would fit in the room. We would certainly not stay in a room with two twin beds; it is simply too small. This situation is not a major issue, but it is preferred that they switch the twin beds to at least double beds.

The pool and fitness area was set up extremely nicely. The locker rooms included pretty much everything. Each locker contained a robe, a laundry bag, slippers, and a digital combination lock. There were towels everywhere, and there is a butler who comes every 15 minutes to make sure that there is a towel placed in every single shower for the next guest to use. There were even extra towels placed on each bench at the pool and complimentary bottled water everywhere. This standard of hotel service is probably the best that we have ever experienced.

The price that we paid for this room was $240. It is worth the price ONLY if the guest takes advantage of the service and facilities, and it is worth the price maybe once every few months. Unless you are multi-millionaires, we recommend that you do not stay at a Four Seasons hotel every time you travel. This level of expense is worth trying once every few months, but if you travel once every week, do not expect that it is worth it. At this level of luxury, the Four Seasons Atlanta is without doubt very very addicting (we did not want to leave), but don't waste your money on just a hotel room.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank zhangpianist
Reviewed November 19, 2007

There is not much to add to what has already been written. This was our 4th stay at the Four Seasons in Atlanta. The 4th was a charm, because of a mistake, we were up graded to a SUITE! We usually stay in the premium room, which is very nice and comfortable. But the suite was absolutely heaven! We were jumping up and down like silly kids at our luck! We did not want to leave the room!

Because we had our child with us ,we were worried about dining at Park 75, but they were so accommodating. The food was excellent. The Risotto with truffle oil was superb.

During our 1st stay there was a problem with my spa appointment, but they were prompt to fix the problem and even sent me a certificate for a free service. Oh, if all hotels were like this!

If you want excellent service, great food and a beautiful hotel stay here.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank angelfish07
Reviewed November 8, 2007

Stayed here on business this week. I probably shouldn't have looked at the price tag, otherwise, I would've given it two thumbs up. I just don't know if my room was worth the $$$.

Service was nice. Almost too nice. But better than bad. Right? I appreciate the gesture, but I can find an elevator myself, and upon check-out, all the smiling faces almost felt Twilight Zone-ish. Maybe this speaks poorly for humanity -- that I am actually complaining about smiles? I guess it just didn't feel genuine.

Valets were excellent. Got some good directions, and service was always very fast. Parking is $28/day. But the area is very congested, with 14th Street under construction (through end of November) and it was C - O - L - D, so worth it to me.

Was weird to see the workout room staffed. Guess the price tag on my terrace room allows them extra help? But the workout room is nice. Machines are fairly new (treadmill and ellipticals), and each with its own tv.

Wireless access: always had a very good signal, and I don't recall it ever dropping. What's weird is the fee. Even a Super 8 I've stayed at had internet free-of-charge. Here, it's $10.80/day.

Room was above-average. Bed, linens, and pillows were very nice. Enough room for me to spread out. Terrace was nice at night (view of ATL downtown) but during the day probably wouldn't have been as the walls are low, and I would've been able to see my neighbors enjoying their terrace.

Bathroom, though a tad small, was very nice. I am a stickler for good soaps and nice towels/robes, and they did not disappoint! I sure did enjoy my soaks in the tub!

I did not see the pool, restaurant, or bar area, though I hear it is nice. I did read the Spa Menu, and the services sounded yummy.

Overall, I would definitely stay again on business, but wouldn't personally unless it carried a much smaller price tag (atleast half of the room rate I signed for -- $489/nt). Maybe I'm frugal? But that tub sure was nice... :)

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gnodule
Reviewed November 2, 2007

We stayed here for the weekend and it was nothing like I expected a 5 star hotel to be. We were not impressed at all!

The rooms were ok, the beds were very comfortable.

The bar in the lobby was fun, they had a very friendly guy playing the piano which we liked.

We ordered room service one evening and it took them over an hour to bring up one order of chicken fingers!! We called after an hour to see what the hold up was and then they told us they were on the way up and then 20 minutes later they arrive! (I think they forgot our order orginally and then rushed it when we called to check on it)

***My biggest and the most disgusting thing I noticed about the hotel was the saltwater pool.

My sister & I went down to the pool to take a morning swim.... we get into the water, We walk toward the pool light and then start to notice all this hair, dirt & debris floating around in the pool. We both got grossed out and started walking toward the pool stairs to exit the pool on the way noticing more and more hair & dirt and stuff floating in the pool and then we see a bandaid!!!. DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! For a 5 star hotel you would AT LEAST expect the have a clean pool to swim in! We hurried back to our room so we could get a shower.

Everything else was nice just don't go into the pool!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank Summertime-FL
Reviewed October 26, 2007

Stayed there for one night : nothing special about it. The decor and amenities are basic, service avereag. As usual, they tell you at check-in :"we would like to offer you an upgrade to a deluxe guestroom", then hit you with the rest of their pre-recorded sentence after you nodded and thought they were offering you this upgrade "for an extra charge of..." Definitely not classy. Since then, I tried to avoid this chain where all rooms look alike wherever you are on this earth. Would never return.

Stayed: September 2004