“Outstanding Staff.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #121 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding Staff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

The only reason I am taking time to write review on trip advisor is because my experience with the staff, especially Front Desk agent Gigi, was top notch. My room was not ready upon check in, Gigi was very responsive and quickly found me another. She went above and beyond to resolve situation, even though I was not even upset. She was on duty when I checked out and again was overly nice and made me feel appreciated as a guest. Also really appreciate Marvin at valet. Great guy and always helpful. Will definitely stay there again if in area.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ricky P, General Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear David1836,

Thank you so much for the kind words about Gigi at our front desk and Marvin with our valet staff. They are both superstars in our hotel and I'm glad you got a great experience from them while staying with. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again and I appreciate your business and support.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Thai first
Rockmart, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and stay in Downtown Atlanta hotels several months out of the year. I have several businesses throughout the Atlanta area and love staying at this hotel. I usually check in very late and I am always tired and weary when I arrive. That's when my night has gotten better the last two times I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown. There is a really personable and affable valet that I have had the pleasure of being welcomed by as of late. His name is Rodney. I have watched this gentleman greet weary travelers like myself with warm enthusiasm at hours that everyone else is usually, grumpy, irritated or even in altered states of inebriation. LOL. Rodney is consistently upbeat and has an uncanny knack of bringing the guests arriving at the hotel into a jovial mood. The first person that guests interact with at any establishment is greatly instrumental in the perception that individual will have of the business. If it is unpleasant most times it will directly influence the patrons feelings towards other employees and staff. Rodney must realize the importance of this because he takes great measures to give regular customers like myself a positive experience, therefore I felt it necessary to give Rodney the positive recognition that I felt was long overdue. No doubt, this will encourage Rodney to do what he does best for the Holiday Inn. Making customers feel appreciated and making them loyal. This young man is the perfect model for that old adage "First impressions go a mighty long way". He can also park my vehicle for me every time, without me worrying, while I get my rest. Personally I make sure he receives what everyone should give him for his exceptional service, a good tip. Especially because he doesn't expect it. He sincerely seems to enjoy and appreciate his job. That's worth my time to write this review. He deserves it.

Room Tip: Check your car in with Rodney and any room will be pleasant.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ricky P, General Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear 604drew,

Thank you so much for giving us feedback about Rodney, I personally and proudly delivered your comments to his manager and we are incredible happy to recognize his efforts. Your business is much appreciated and we as a staff will all aspire to give the level of service you receive when you stay with us.

Thanks and take care,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week for a conference that was being held at the GWCC. The location of this hotel for that was fantastic. It was only about a 10 minute walk through Centennial Olympic Park to the conference center. Numerous other venues and attractions were very close. I was also pleased with the fact that there was coffee available in the lobby during the day.

My room was very basic and small. I only had one bed, even though I had requested two. (Not sure if the hotel is to blame for that or the company through which we had to book our rooms.) There was no coffee maker in the room, nor was there a mini-fridge. Despite those short-comings, I had still decided that this was a decent hotel and would probably stay there again next year when I'm back for the same conference. And then things changed.

For some unknown reason, I did not get any maid service at all last Friday. I was gone from the room from shortly after 9AM and didn't return until almost 11PM. I couldn't believe it when I walked in and saw that the room hadn't been done. At that hour, I was sure that there was nothing that could be done, and I just wanted to get a shower and get to bed since I had a class at 7:30 the next morning. Fortunately, when I got back to the room late Saturday afternoon, the room had been cleaned.

I was going to mention the lack of maid service when I checked out on Sunday morning, but that was such a fiasco that I didn't get a chance. On my way out to class on Sunday morning, I stopped at the front desk and asked if I could check out a few minutes late since my last class ended at 11:45. I was already packed and all I needed to do was grab my things and head to the airport to make my flight. The girl at the front desk at first hesitated, but when I explained the situation, she agreed and supposedly took care of it. I hurried back to the hotel after class and went up to my room, only to find that the key no longer worked. I looked at my watch and it was 12:06. Apparently, she hadn't taken care of it. After a total of three trips to the front desk, my key finally worked. After all of that wasted time, I had to really hurry to the airport and barely made my flight.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay, I know all too well how important it is to get to a flight on time, and I can only express my deepest apologizes for rushing you on your last morning with us. Your kind words about our staff is very well received and I will be passing on your review to our staff, so we learn from our short comings and be a better hotel for it. If you do choose to stay with us again in the future, you'll be happy to know that we will be installing microwaves and fridges in every room for our guest, we hope this new addition will make your stay more pleasurable.

Thanks,

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The people make this hotel. From the kind and accommodating valets and servers in the restaurant to Alvin at the front desk, to the GM Mr. Patel. The facilities are typical, but the people made my trip. Be advised... they have gone completely non-smoking...as I was advised after my reservation was confirmed in a smoking room... They called to notify over a week in advance... I was disappointed as they are getting harder and harder to find with the ever advancing politically correct restrictions. Alvin was personable and welcoming. The valets went above and beyond and with great efficiency, with offering to drive me up to the show to deliver, then finding me a cab to carry the trade show materials required because they got busy, to helping me get my luggage finally at check in and helping me locate a pepsi in a coke city, Mr. Patel's accommodation for the disappointing change to my reservation...
All this made .my experience at your hotel. Thank you.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Ricky P, General Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear purchgdss,

I'm so happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond, and I appreciate your understanding while we renovate our rooms. I can tell you though that we at this time actually aren't removing the smoking floor, we were just simply upgrading it. I hope we you will give us another try next time you visit Atlanta, we value your business and again thank you for the great review.

Take care,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during annual sales conference and I have to say from the warm welcome to the attention to detail from staff it was awesome. Every afternoon staff welcomed us back and invited us to use the bar and services. Location is great and the Ferris wheel across the street was a nice bonus

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Frank,

Thanks for the great review! and I can honestly tell you our entire staff misses your group! I hope to have you guys stay with us again next year and I wish you the best of travels,

Take care,
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Downtown Atlanta Hotel last week and the staff could not have been better. They were friendly, and ready to assist with all my needs.

Thank you so much for making my week GREAT!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Ricky P, General Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Melina,

Thank you for your review and I'm glad to hear my staff gave you the service you deserved, I appreciate your business and hope to have you with us again soon. Take care and I wish you the best of travels.

Thanks
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We arrived at the hotel on a Friday for the Valentine's Day weekend.
Hotel/Room appearance: The Hotel Lobby and bar is very nice and well decorated. As previous reviewers have noted, the rooms definitely need some updating. The paint is splotchy, the floor feels uneven, and the in-room bar/cabinet/closet combos are crowded and dated.
Bed: The Queen bed we slept in was cozy and comfortable with adequate bedding and 4 pillows.
Bathroom: Bathtub was deep and wide, which was a plus for me. Good counter space and towel/washcloth assortment. Excellent water pressure and hot water amounts.
Elevators: My husband and I both noted that the elevators shook and rattled more than normal, and this was a bit disconcerting as we were staying on the 9th floor.
IHG Priority Club Recognition: I was offered 2 drinks at the bar OR 500 points, which I appreciated. But I was hoping for the free breakfast that other reviewers have noted.
Valet: This was one aspect of the hotel that I did have an issue with. To preface, we stayed at the Hotel during the National Cheerleading and Dance competition, so I understand the hotel was VERY crowded. We paid the $20 a night for valet parking. But on Saturday night, we noticed that our car was parked right in front of the hotel, in a handicapped parking space, for nearly 5 hours. We were walking around the area for dinner/drinks, and passed the Hotel several times. Each and every time, someone was sitting on or leaning against our car, which was bothersome to me. At $40 for the trip, I didn't pay to have butt-dents on my trunk.
Issue with room: I did tell the front desk clerk on Saturday morning that the water tank on the toilet gushed water out the top whenever we sat on the toilet. Management took my room number and said it would be fixed. It was never fixed and persisted all weekend. We ended up laying a towel under the toilet for the remainder of our stay and mopping up the excess water when we could. In the hotel's defense, I noticed the "problem" list the front desk clerk wrote our room number on was at least 20+ lines long.
Service: I can't heap enough praise on the front desk staff. They were always kind, helpful, and patient, especially given the huge number of people who seemed to be staying in the hotel.
Location: What can I say? Downtown Atlanta. That's really what you're paying for here :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lauren,

Thank you so much for leaving such a detailed review of your stay. I've shared your review with our valet staff, as I would not appreciate folks leaning against my car either and I'm sorry to hear about this issue you had in the restroom. Sometimes it feels like our hotel goes from 0 to 60 in a split second and our staff truly do care that each and every one of our guest do get taken care of. I hope to have you with us again in the future and again thank you for your business and support.