“Trade Show Visit”

Ranked #122 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Trade Show Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The people make this hotel. From the kind and accommodating valets and servers in the restaurant to Alvin at the front desk, to the GM Mr. Patel. The facilities are typical, but the people made my trip. Be advised... they have gone completely non-smoking...as I was advised after my reservation was confirmed in a smoking room... They called to notify over a week in advance... I was disappointed as they are getting harder and harder to find with the ever advancing politically correct restrictions. Alvin was personable and welcoming. The valets went above and beyond and with great efficiency, with offering to drive me up to the show to deliver, then finding me a cab to carry the trade show materials required because they got busy, to helping me get my luggage finally at check in and helping me locate a pepsi in a coke city, Mr. Patel's accommodation for the disappointing change to my reservation...
All this made .my experience at your hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ricky P, General Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear purchgdss,

I'm so happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond, and I appreciate your understanding while we renovate our rooms. I can tell you though that we at this time actually aren't removing the smoking floor, we were just simply upgrading it. I hope we you will give us another try next time you visit Atlanta, we value your business and again thank you for the great review.

Take care,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during annual sales conference and I have to say from the warm welcome to the attention to detail from staff it was awesome. Every afternoon staff welcomed us back and invited us to use the bar and services. Location is great and the Ferris wheel across the street was a nice bonus

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Frank,

Thanks for the great review! and I can honestly tell you our entire staff misses your group! I hope to have you guys stay with us again next year and I wish you the best of travels,

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Downtown Atlanta Hotel last week and the staff could not have been better. They were friendly, and ready to assist with all my needs.

Thank you so much for making my week GREAT!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ricky P, General Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Melina,

Thank you for your review and I'm glad to hear my staff gave you the service you deserved, I appreciate your business and hope to have you with us again soon. Take care and I wish you the best of travels.

Thanks
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We arrived at the hotel on a Friday for the Valentine's Day weekend.
Hotel/Room appearance: The Hotel Lobby and bar is very nice and well decorated. As previous reviewers have noted, the rooms definitely need some updating. The paint is splotchy, the floor feels uneven, and the in-room bar/cabinet/closet combos are crowded and dated.
Bed: The Queen bed we slept in was cozy and comfortable with adequate bedding and 4 pillows.
Bathroom: Bathtub was deep and wide, which was a plus for me. Good counter space and towel/washcloth assortment. Excellent water pressure and hot water amounts.
Elevators: My husband and I both noted that the elevators shook and rattled more than normal, and this was a bit disconcerting as we were staying on the 9th floor.
IHG Priority Club Recognition: I was offered 2 drinks at the bar OR 500 points, which I appreciated. But I was hoping for the free breakfast that other reviewers have noted.
Valet: This was one aspect of the hotel that I did have an issue with. To preface, we stayed at the Hotel during the National Cheerleading and Dance competition, so I understand the hotel was VERY crowded. We paid the $20 a night for valet parking. But on Saturday night, we noticed that our car was parked right in front of the hotel, in a handicapped parking space, for nearly 5 hours. We were walking around the area for dinner/drinks, and passed the Hotel several times. Each and every time, someone was sitting on or leaning against our car, which was bothersome to me. At $40 for the trip, I didn't pay to have butt-dents on my trunk.
Issue with room: I did tell the front desk clerk on Saturday morning that the water tank on the toilet gushed water out the top whenever we sat on the toilet. Management took my room number and said it would be fixed. It was never fixed and persisted all weekend. We ended up laying a towel under the toilet for the remainder of our stay and mopping up the excess water when we could. In the hotel's defense, I noticed the "problem" list the front desk clerk wrote our room number on was at least 20+ lines long.
Service: I can't heap enough praise on the front desk staff. They were always kind, helpful, and patient, especially given the huge number of people who seemed to be staying in the hotel.
Location: What can I say? Downtown Atlanta. That's really what you're paying for here :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lauren,

Thank you so much for leaving such a detailed review of your stay. I've shared your review with our valet staff, as I would not appreciate folks leaning against my car either and I'm sorry to hear about this issue you had in the restroom. Sometimes it feels like our hotel goes from 0 to 60 in a split second and our staff truly do care that each and every one of our guest do get taken care of. I hope to have you with us again in the future and again thank you for your business and support.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Normally stay at the bigger box hotels but stumbled across this wonderfully located Holiday Inn which was a pleasant surprise...Very friendly staff from the moment I pulled in, valet attendant, front desk, restaurant staff, even the housekeepers! I was informed that the hotel was beginning a major renovation. The hotel was very clean!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ricky P, General Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear SchneeTraveler,

Your kind words are truly appreciated, and I'm glad you found your way to us. We might not be a big hotel but we have a big heart and I'm glad to hear that our staff took care of you. I hope you'll have another chance to stay with us again in the future and until then I wish you the best of travels.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a meeting the first week of March. It was a perfect location! Right across the street from the Tabernacle and within walking distance to AmericasMart. The staff was off the charts - nice. My room was clean and quiet. They even helped me get a mini fridge in the room for a special diet. I know the hotel is getting ready to begin a renovation and it is about due for one. That doesn't mean the hotel is run down - simply it could use a freshening up. I would definitely stay here again regardless because the staff was just amazing.

Dear vannestjc,

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was means so much to our staff to read reviews like this and it inspires us to work harder and harder to take care of you. I can tell you we are excited about our renovations as well, a neat plus will be the fact that we'll have microwaves and fridges in every room. I hope to personally meet you during the next mart, please do ask for Ricky and until then take care,
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I attended a meeting at the Merchandise Mart last week and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn. Every staff member that I interacted with went out of their way to make me feel welcome...from the front desk to the bar to housekeeping to sales. The hotel is in need of a little TLC and I hear that's coming but my room was comfortable and clean and the service was impecable. The hotel's proximity to the convention center, Mart , restaurants, etc make it a great choice.

Room Tip: the hallways are short and my room was away from the elevator and quite quiet