“Friendliest Hotel Staff Ever!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Centennial Park

The Inn at Centennial Park
Ranked #122 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Denver, Colorado
“Friendliest Hotel Staff Ever!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Holiday Inn in downtown Atlanta is a win-win, all the way. First and foremost, this was the friendliest and most helpful hotel staff I've experienced in years - if not ever. Genuine smiles and friendly, helpful attitudes from checkin-to-checkout. This isn't $300-a-night "friendly" - its real, genuine, "welcome-to-Atlanta" + "we love our guests" + "we're glad to be here" friendly!! Also, the location is superb.. right where you want to be to experience the city of Atlanta from a convenient and central location & right next to the biggest attractions AND the Peachtree central business district. The Peachtree Center MARTA station is also just 2 blocks away, so take the train from the airport & save a lot on that rental car - you don't need it as long as you're downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west - you'll get a great view of Centennial Park.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 3vilMonkey
Ricky P, General Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear 3vilMonkey,

You are absolutely right, "WE DO LOVE OUR GUEST" and I am glad that it shows, thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we look forward to seeing you again in Atlanta!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our experience at this Holiday Inn was outstanding. My husband had to be in Atlanta for several days during the National Education Association assembly. Most of the "luxury" hotels were already booked & anything available was outrageously expensive. We actually lucked up on this place. And it was luck.
The staff was amazing. They, particularly Gi Gi, went out of their way to make my husband's stay pleasant. He stayed in Atlanta while I came home.
The restaurant staff also made sure he was well fed. Robyn was especially caring. I went back to pick him up & was impressed with how much each person had made him feel welcome.
In addition, the price was great & the location is very convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear georgializ,

Thank you so much for your kind review, I am proud to hear that our staff met your expecations and left a lasting impression. We look forward to taking care of you next time you visit Atlanta.

Again Thank You!
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Friendly staff, room clean and fresh design, for older facility a grat place to stay and remain close to so much of Atlanta. Close to World of Coke, Georgia Aquariam, World Congrtess Center, Centennial Park, CNN, and Phillip Arena.

Room Tip: Take Room on Centennial Park view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tbikeland
Dear Tbikeland,

Thank you for the kind review, I'll be sure to forward it to all our staff! We appreciate the opportunity to take care of you and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were there for an overnight visit.

The Positives: They are great for recognizing platium members. That is such a plus and I thank the staff for that. We got a free drink in the bar and breakfast for everyone the next morning.

The room was clean and we were on the priority club floor nothing to special about that but it was on 12th floor and had a nice view of the city.

Breakfast was nice the service was a little slow but nothing to worry about.
We went to the pool it was a very nice size but was actually very chilly.
Bathroom was very big when compared to the room size.

The negatives;
The room was very little. There is no way that was a queen size bed either. The bed was very uncomfortable actually probably the worst every.
Valet parking guys are great I just hate paying 20 bucks to park a car seems crazy and I've paid more.

Overall a decent stay for the night and let us visit with friends. Would stay again if I needed to be downtown. Just would really hope for a better bed. We had a much better room the first time we stayed here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hooper33
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear hooper33,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We certainly work very hard to ensure our guests receive the very best service we can provide each and every day. We are more than happy to know you were satisfied with the service you received and the breakfast. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you had with the parking and your room accommodation. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was there this past January 2013. I ended up at this hotel using something like the priceline name your price tool, but it wasn't priceline and I didn't know what hotel it was until I paid for the room.

Anyhow, the hotel is going under some remodeling, so some rooms are updated and others are not. We were lucky enough to have a newer style room. The room was clean. The staff were great! We ended up getting more help from the Valet then from the front desk staff, but there were very happy to help us. The location of this hotel can't be beat! You are within a 10 minute walk of the World of Coke, The Georgia Aquarium, and The CNN Center. Centennial Olympic Park is literally right across the street. And if you are going to see a concert at the Tabernacle (like we did), it is a great place to stay because it is right across the street as well. I was able to queue in line and run to the bathroom in my hotel room guaranteeing my spot at the front of the pit!

I am a little upset with the price of parking. I think $20 per night, when your already staying at the hotel and paying for a room is a little steep. Also, we got a flat tire when the valet brought the car back to us. Once again though, the staff rose to the occasion and put our donut on for us, if it didn't happen on the weekend they even would have had someone come out to plug the hole in the tire.

Overall, I would come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Request an updated room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Carnesville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I ended up staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown in Atlanta while on a business trip. The room was clean (which is most important to me), but yes it is slightly on the small side. However, with it just being me for only 2 night, I could deal with it. Room service was a little on the expenisive side, but then again, you pay for having someone bring dinner to you instead of going out and fighting the terrible downtown Atlanta traffic. Parking fees are kind of high in my opinion, but come to find out, it's well within the norm for parking at a hotel in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I came to Atlanta for a conference at the GA World Congress Center, a close walk. This Holiday Inn property was a few dollars less than most of the other nearby hotels, and that was my first indication that I should have chosen someplace else to stay.

You could get by staying at this hotel. The Internet access worked. The room was acceptable (although short on electric outlets where I needed them). The bathroom worked (although it was inelegant and there was a place with ragged finish). The staff tried to be helpful, but when it counted most, they failed.

My stay at this Holiday Inn was ruined when my shaving kit was stolen from my bathroom - the first such incident in all my 40+ years of travel. The room service staff said they would look for any items mistakenly put on the service cart. They found nothing and left a message with front desk staff, who left me a voice mail message.... which I was unable to retrieve because the phone didn't work for that function. Upon checkout, an assistant manager offered to comp me for the night, but that wouldn't compensate me because I was on business travel, so that would have been a gift to my company, not to me. She then offered to put 20,000 points in my "Priority Club" account, which I accepted... but 1 month later, no points have appeared. The Holiday Inn never offered me any cash for the value of items stolen. The Manager emailed a week later with the obligatory apology, assuring me that the promised Priority points would likely appear "at the end of the month" - ** they haven't**.

The first job of any hotel is to make guests safe and comfortable, but TOO MUCH of gritty, grimy downtown Atlanta intrudes into this hotel. I attach pictures of trash in the stairwell and dirty room-service dishes in the hall that were left uncollected in the hallway for over 24 hours. The staff here tries, but the overall quality at this hotel is LACKING. My recommendation is: if you can afford it, pay a little extra to (hopefully) get a better experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RaggedClaws49
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear RaggedClaws49,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown Centennial Park, GA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels