“Staff Was Wonderful” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Centennial Park

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Inn at Centennial Park
Ranked #122 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Pungo,VA
“Staff Was Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

From the moment Tracey checked us in until the time we left EVERONE working here was uniformly cheerful, helpful and, well... nice. The Final Four crowd taxed the facilities, but the workers met the challenge with good humor and patience.
The hotel was located within walking distance of MARTA and other downtown attractions but the staff was the best part. I think this is my second review on Tripadvisor (the 1st was about a year ago), but I felt compelled to compliment the service we received.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Thai first
A Brit in France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night room was clean if a little tired. Had a snack in the bar which was good. The breakfast the next morning was not so good with very indifferent staff.i asked for some milk that never came ended up getting it myself.then of course being in America I had to leave a tip! Which was not deserved at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Zoggie,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am truly sorry to know that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations and I apologize you were inconvenienced by the staff. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We will use your comments to be improve our efforts.

Regards,

Pam G.
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

A group of us travel to the Final Four every year and book a room a year ahead of time near the games. This was one of the only downtown Atlanta hotels that we could book that was not being held for coaches, teams etc. The convenience to the Georgia Dome and downtown final four events was perfect. The hotel has been renovated so even though the rooms are small, they are outfitted fairly well. This is not a four or five star hotel. But the best part of this hotel was the service provided during an incredibly hectic weekend. We brought our car and the valet was $20 a day - but we took our car out probably 3 times a day and the valet always had it out for us in just a few minutes. The front desk was very accommodating and the bartenders/restaurant staff tried their best to serve the incredible amount of people who stopped in on the way to all events. All the concerts were in Centennial Park across the street from the hotel, so we were serenaded by Dave Matthews, Ludacris, etc. Friday-Sunday. It is a rather small downtown Holiday Inn and for a simple hotel, everyone went beyond the call of duty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked the Aquarium package at this location using the reservations number on the website. I repeatedly told the agent that I had 2 adults and 2 children, for 4 total people needing tickets to the aquarium. When I checked in, I was only booked for the 1 person, allowing us 2 tickets to the aquarium. The hotel manager told me "I'm sorry that you were not booked for what you wanted, but for 2 additional children's tickets, it will cost you $40 extra". This was cheaper than buying the tickets at the aquarium, so I purchased the tickets through the hotel. I was also charged for the valet parking, eventhough it was included in the package. It did not appear that anyone at the hotel knew ANYTHING about the package I purchased. They did remove the parking fee after I brought it to their attention. Overall was not impressed with the hotel. I will not stay here again, even though we are planning another trip to Atlanta this summer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear efoster81,

Connie D
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel is overall ok,but the staff is not friendly and not good customer service.
The rooms do not have fridge and microwave in it.
The bed sheets were not as clean.
Plus , in business centers computers and not working an they have no scanner to scan documents and do your normal business routines.
Although I am a platinum status in priority . And while checking in, one of the front desk told, I will not be charged for water bottles etc, throughout the stay. Later next day in the evening, when i came to get some water bottles from the front desk, he told me to pay the cash. I knew the guy is trying to make a quick buck of his own. I just said charge to the room, regardless of hotel policy for platinum elite, still he charge it to my room. Also, it is hard to find this Holiday Inn hotel in Atlanta downtown, and it does not appear easily on GPS, really had hard time tracking it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Wrangulars,

Ferdinand G
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed in this Hotel twice in March 2013, Good location with easy walking to some attractions, rooms adequate, clean and Hotel has good amenities. Only down side is if you are at the front of the Hotel it can be rather noisey and the second time we stayed the weather was freezing cold and the noisey A/C unit fan would keep cutting on and off even with the unit switched off so in the end I had to reach underneath and unplug the mains supply.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are noisier.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Florence, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel is not on GPS for some reason. ONce it says you have arrived and you know you haven't keep going on International Blvd, it'll be at the bottom of the hill on the right. Otherwise its nice, nothing fancy but very comfortable and clean. The staff was very helpful, Gigi at the front desk, exceptionally so. She printed local maps and gave great advice about traversing the area (what was in walking distance and what was not). Breakfast buffet was okay. Offered more than most places but not really what I wanted to eat. Would stay there again. Good pillows!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the elevator are generallly louder than those furthest away. A small inconvenience o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple