“okay hotel as long as you dont want to sleep or shower”

The Inn at Centennial Park
Ranked #122 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Ozark, Alabama, United States
“okay hotel as long as you dont want to sleep or shower”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We arrived at the Holiday Inn on Thursday July 26 around 1230p. Valet line was all the way to the street. We had to circle around the hotel several times which is not all that easy with one way streets all over the place. It ended up taking over an hour to check our car in. This was in no fault to the valet attendant on duty as he was working alone and running his butt off. Im not sure if this is how the hotel normally staffs or if someone called out but either way it was never addressed. I even saw a member of management staring out into the mayhem from inside the building but he never took the initiative to help the poor attendant or provide customer service to those of us waiting in the 100 degree heat.

The hotel was fine. Not the most luxurious but definitely not the worst I've stayed at. Amenities were about par for the money. No problem there. Staff was friendly, food and drinks were good.

My problem? There were four adults sharing our room. The first morning we realized we only had two towels. No problem, we called down for more and while we were at it asked for a couple blankets as the beds had none. We were informed that they were out of blankets... and out of towels... We made do and shared towels one for each couple. The next morning when thousekeeping came by they had no clean towels to give us. Said they were being washed and they would bring them up later. So we had to take shower number 2 sharing the same towels from the day before. Still no blankets. Our room only got half cleaned. or should I say 1 bed was made. Thats it. Nothing else. On our third day I asked for our sheets to be washed. You guessed it, they had no sheets. I raised a little fit at this point and did manage to get my sheets changed. At least I think they did, as I didnt stand there and watch.

I cant fathom a hotel that runs out of blankets, towels, and sheets. Tha is the main reason I gave this hotel a poor rating as those items are part of the basic package of what you should get when staying at any hotel.

I also gave a poor rating as I emailed the hotel about this upon my return home and have yet to get any sort of response. I wasnt looking for freebies, just an acknowledgement of the issue in hopes that maybe my feedback would let them know some areas of concern

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Aimee R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Thai first
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed July 30, 2012

OK, just stayed there for 2 nights for a mini vacation. Great location right beside CNN building, Centennial Park, and World of Coke. Not to mention Phillips Arena and Georgia dome. Can walk to all those areas from this hotel with ease, and there are good places to eat within walking distance as well.

No mini fridge or microwave in the rooms. Room kinda small with a queen bed. The property seemed to be a little older, but not in bad shape. Didnt try the gym or the restaurant. $20 for parking (valet), not much you can do about it either, as most places there dont allow overnight parking...we did find a parking deck not far aways that we could have used, but it would have been $18 for parking, so decided to go with the hotel.

We got a very good rate and for the location I'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidSales, Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are constantly trying to improve our guest experience and your feedback helps us do just that. You are correct in that our rooms do not come with a microwave and refrigerator but we do have them available upon request at check in for a nominal fee. Our valet parking is $20 a night with in and out privileges and is one of the lowest of any hotel in the Downtown area. I am glad that you were able to secure parking elsewhere and that is was convenient for you. We look forward to welcoming you again should you need a hotel the next time you are in Atlanta. Thank you again for your review.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had a really good time in Atlanta!! I had a good experience at the Holiday Inn! The staff was VERY HELPFUL!!! They took the time to explain how to get around on the train and where to go. Hotel was clean and the breakfast was really good!! I really didn't care for walking up and down the hills in ATL! The hotel is in a really good location for everything to visit! I would go back to the hotel in a heartbeat!! Loved the front desk staff!! Starr thanks for your help and being so understanding!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Yay! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while in Atlanta. We think we have the greatest guest service staff in Atlanta and I are glad you got to experience it! We love Starr as well, she is an amazing employee! Come back and see us soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We recently stayed here when we attended a show at Phillips Arena. It is convenient to that venue, if that is what you are after. However, do not expect any luxuries or comforts you may find in other hotels. I traevl a lot and stay in a lot of hotels and this one just average to below average. I received a "discounted rate", and it was an Ok rate for what we received, but if I had to pay more, I would have been very disappointed.

The bed is very hard and the pillows are lumpy and weird. I was most shocked by the bed linens. No duvet or blanket, but two sheets. I thought that was weird.

As far as the TV, half the channels were very fuzzy. And the water pressure in the shower was not very good.

They did offer complimentary coffee in the AM and it was decent.

The hotel served its purpose, but when I am in this area again, I would prefer to Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, or Courtyard.

2 Thank MyTravelingPanda
Thank you for review of your recent stay. I am sorry that you did not have the best stay. We take our guest experience very seriously and are constantly working on it to make it the best in Atlanta. Please rest assured that I have forwarded your feedback to the proper departments so that we can evaluate and improve our guest rooms. I sure hope you will give us another try when you are in Atlanta. Thanks again!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel is great for visiting downtown Atlanta. Beds are comfortable and the restaurant is very good. Parking fee is $20.00 per 24 hour period.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lhyslop7
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel. Come back and see us real soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The rooms have been updated and are quite nice. New flat screen tv and room coffee maker. Products are fine. Plenty of hot wire. Make sure you set your cell alarm. I didn't get call 1st morning. No alarm clock in room but oddly one was delivered 3rd day of my trip. No pens in room. And like many hotel rooms the swich plates and door pulls are uneven. Ha. Ha. Staff is super nice and helpful. Good job.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Nancy D
We love our Americas Mart guests! Always a great time when you are here. We always enjoying getting to know you and welcoming you back for each show. All of our rooms have alarm clocks but somehow we missed yours. We can't have you missing out at the Mart. Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you at the next Mart!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We really liked the service and the room. The team members were really nice. The only thing we didn't really like was the parking rate. It was $20 a day. Other than that we enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank Eaglesfan10