“Door lock broken, unclean bathroom, key given to room without ID”

La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead
Ranked #125 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I booked this room thinking the $159 price tag would ensure a clean room with acceptable levels in other areas. The front desk people were nice but everything else was terrible. The keys didn't work to the room so I went to the desk and a new person with whom I had never spoken actually gave me a new key to my room without making me show an I.D. I could have been anyone asking for a key to any room and received it. When it was time for bed, I went to lock the deadbolt and throw the security latch. Thank God the security latch worked because the door lock wouldn't even come out of the door when it was open. The room smelled like smoke. I can deal with that but I would rather it didn't since I specifically requested a non-smoking room. The bathroom- ugh. The bathroom had random hair in it. I will leave it at that. Lastly, the entry way from the front door in front of the front desk leading to the guest room hallway access is only about 15' wide. Right in the middle they have a kiosk set up with a computer for guest use. The last day we were there, the walked back and forth behind an employee watching youtube videos. The front desk people were fine if you were dealing with them directly but the hotel was managed very, very unprofessionally.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We always stay at a La Quinta hotel. I have my rewards with them so we can earn a free night. Generally, all across South Carolina, Florida, Oregon, and Indiana, this chain of hotels is great! The staff is always friendly and the hotels are clean. But DO NOT stay at this location. Absolutely horrible. I know this chain is dog friendly, but from the minute we walked in the smell was HORRIBLE. It wasn't the smell of dogs. It was indescribable. It smelt like mold almost and caked up dust everywhere! I felt almost like I shouldn't breathe in! Our room was what we asked for, but the AC didn't work. It kept kicking on heat in the middle of the night. One of the hottest weekends in the South and we were sleeping in 80 degrees. The shower in our room was awful. The floors were so warped the water had no slope to allow it to drain. Plus, there was hair in our shower, which means the cleaning staff isn't paying as much attention as they should. All in all, I was very discusted and disappointed in La Quinta. I will never stay at this location again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Audrie U
A La Quinta traveler
jax fl
Reviewed August 26, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We travel with 2 dogs so we choose to stay at LaQuinta. I can always count on them to be clean, the staff to be friendly, and the check-in/check-out process to be efficient. I greatly appreciate that we do not have to pay an extra fee for the dogs.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 9, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed for 1 night
Arrived very late

The front desk person was very nice and helpful
Room is basic but very clean and all in working condition
You don't have a sink in the bathroom but in the rom entrance, work for me staying alone but will not work if my wife had joined me

Breakfast was basic but good
Coffee, juice ,, yogurt, bread, cirials and ... Self made fresh waffles

Breakfast room is small so I needed to wait some minutes

But the cost... 85$ for the night, breakfast! free wifi
Very reasonable

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Booked non smoking room, however room reeked of smoke and carpet was filthy. The bathroom was clean and the bed was very comfortable. not sure if I will stay here again. Not worth the $110 paid, that's for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Quality Suites Buckhead Village

Been to La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead? Share your experiences!