La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Midtown - Buckhead
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewscheshire bridgeroom was cleanyogurtenjoyed my stayfreyinterstatemidtownatl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Met our needs very well. Quick access to midtown area and freeway. Clean, comfortable and economical.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Front desk always very polite and helpful, rooms exceptionally clean. Love the free breakfast including Belgian waffles and hard boiled eggs.

I had a minor issue with the coffee maker in the room, but it was dealt with quickly and with a smile.

It is a pretty long walk to the marta subway from this hotel but very close to the bus. The bus service was every 50 minutes so this was less than ideal.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We went up with a large group and checked in around 8pm. I saw the past two reviews but decided to stay in spite of it. We drove up to the hotel, it's by the highway so there was the noise and we passed two "massage" establisments a couple of feet away, that was still open at 1030pm. When I check in I was told by the older lady that she would be unable to put me in a room next to my children, or even on the same floor bc they were booked. I knew that everyone had not checked in. As a frequent traveler I know you can move people around as long as they haven't checked in. After trying to reason with her, she told then told me she could do me a favor by putting us on the same floor...but once again, we were not even next one another. I tried to explain that I was not going to be on one side of the building while my kids are on another. She then proceeded to tell me that she couldn't change rooms for me anyways b/c the computer was down. I asked her how she changed us to the same floor then and how she was going to check us in? She told me she had been writing everyone's credit card numbers down and would run them when the computer came up. Nothing frustrates me more than bad customer service and this situation should be on a training video on how not to treat a customer. As I said, we're frequent travelers and often times travel with a large group. Not only did this hotel lose us as travelers that weekend, but our friends and family with us that night and future nights as well. We ended up going to another hotel in midtown who was able to give us a great rate and great customer service.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank mercered2000
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I am having a hard time figuring out if this is the same property that the favorable responses are referencing... Having lived in the Atl area previously, I am familiar with the Lenox/Buckhead area and was looking for an economical weekend stay for my wife and I. Our 1st floor room was a problem as soon as you opened the door. Carpet was stained and smelled wet. It smelled like they were trying to mask the odor with air freshner which made it worse. The carpet needed to be vacuumed in the room, with the hallways really just as dirty. Immediately we knew we weren't staying in this room and asked for a move. We were given a 2nd floor room that had dirty carpet, stains on the furniture and a general rough appearance. There was a "wad" of chewing gum (used) in the doorway of our room. The bathroom door was delaminating and had a hole in it. I went to look for the fitness center but the floor was so dirty that I didn't consider using the outdated equipment. We cut our 3 night stay short (skipped breakfast) and went to another property (Holiday Inn Select that was just the opposite of this experience). While we don't stay in LaQuinta's very often, I thought they would be void of a property in this condition, especially in the Buckhead area. I can say this, the staff that we dealt with was very nice. In it's present condition, unkept, dated and dirty, I would definately not recommend regardless of the price.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

This past weekend, my boyfriend, friends, and I stayed at La Quinta Inn Atlanta/LenoxBuckhead. Here is what occurred.

My friends and I arrived, and were greeted by the older lady at the front desk, who could not have been sweeter. She gave us our room, and I went up, while the others went to get food. The room was clean and smelled good. Normally I check under the beds for bed bugs, but I was so tired I forgot.
However, after watching tv, I stood up to get ready to leave, and something fell out from the bed. I look, and a crack pipe was on the floor. I was the only one who was in the room since I came in. I just was in shock. I went down to the front desk and informed the lady, and was given another room. I accepted, because it was getting late and we did need a room for the night. I moved our stuff into the new room, and this time checked under the beds. I found ANOTHER crack pipe AND a BAG OF CRACK COCAINE (or what I suspect was crack cocaine,because of the pipes, it was like whitish and like little rocks). I was just blown away. Normally my stays at La Quinta Inn's are wonderful. But this was just unacceptable. I quickly packed up, received a full refund, and left. It was just ridiculous that not one, but TWO rooms had those types of things in them. This hotel, as clean and nice as it seems, obviously has some issues. I do not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends