“Unfavorable...”

La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead
Ranked #127 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I am having a hard time figuring out if this is the same property that the favorable responses are referencing... Having lived in the Atl area previously, I am familiar with the Lenox/Buckhead area and was looking for an economical weekend stay for my wife and I. Our 1st floor room was a problem as soon as you opened the door. Carpet was stained and smelled wet. It smelled like they were trying to mask the odor with air freshner which made it worse. The carpet needed to be vacuumed in the room, with the hallways really just as dirty. Immediately we knew we weren't staying in this room and asked for a move. We were given a 2nd floor room that had dirty carpet, stains on the furniture and a general rough appearance. There was a "wad" of chewing gum (used) in the doorway of our room. The bathroom door was delaminating and had a hole in it. I went to look for the fitness center but the floor was so dirty that I didn't consider using the outdated equipment. We cut our 3 night stay short (skipped breakfast) and went to another property (Holiday Inn Select that was just the opposite of this experience). While we don't stay in LaQuinta's very often, I thought they would be void of a property in this condition, especially in the Buckhead area. I can say this, the staff that we dealt with was very nice. In it's present condition, unkept, dated and dirty, I would definately not recommend regardless of the price.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 27, 2011

This past weekend, my boyfriend, friends, and I stayed at La Quinta Inn Atlanta/LenoxBuckhead. Here is what occurred.

My friends and I arrived, and were greeted by the older lady at the front desk, who could not have been sweeter. She gave us our room, and I went up, while the others went to get food. The room was clean and smelled good. Normally I check under the beds for bed bugs, but I was so tired I forgot.
However, after watching tv, I stood up to get ready to leave, and something fell out from the bed. I look, and a crack pipe was on the floor. I was the only one who was in the room since I came in. I just was in shock. I went down to the front desk and informed the lady, and was given another room. I accepted, because it was getting late and we did need a room for the night. I moved our stuff into the new room, and this time checked under the beds. I found ANOTHER crack pipe AND a BAG OF CRACK COCAINE (or what I suspect was crack cocaine,because of the pipes, it was like whitish and like little rocks). I was just blown away. Normally my stays at La Quinta Inn's are wonderful. But this was just unacceptable. I quickly packed up, received a full refund, and left. It was just ridiculous that not one, but TWO rooms had those types of things in them. This hotel, as clean and nice as it seems, obviously has some issues. I do not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank evelynnn901
Reviewed January 17, 2011

The hotel had all that was advertised when I made the reservations. It is easy to find by car when traveling. (I have no idea why an earlier review wrote that it was difficult to find.) The neighborhood is safe. The room was nice and clean. It is located by the Toco Hills area of Atlanta. For those who eat kosher, this is an area with a number of kosher restaurants. I traveled light and did not bring my laptop so I was not able to use the Wifi available I believe in the lobby. As there is no business center at the hotel, I went to the FedEx Office located in the Lindbergh Plaza shopping center (a few minutes drive). Computers are available for rental at 20 cents per minute. For those who like using mass transit, the Lindbergh train station is a 25 minute walk from the hotel. On the slight negatives, the television only had the basic free television channels. It did not have cable channels such as the History and Discovery channels. The rooms did not have plastic bags in the garbage, so after eating in my room, I had to walk to the hallway to throw away the food. Also, although there was a free breakfast, there were no bananas served and also only regular milk was served (i.e., there was no skim or reduced fat milk). In summary, the price is very reasonable for an Atlanta hotel. I would definitely stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I arrived here without my luggage. They were quick to offer advice, places to shop for basics, even offered to run me to the store (didnt need it as I had a car rental). Big room, clean, ground floor, good internet connection, place was very quiet. Good sleep.
Nothing too much trouble for any of the people at this place. Laundry on site - useful. Free and easy parking. Just 10 mins from downtown.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We stayed here while visiting Emory University. Becky and Antonio at the front desk were incredibly helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we felt safe. Breakfast was more thans sufficient, although my husband would have preferred some savory options. In the vicinity there was a CVSm restaurants and even a movie theater. I would definitely stay here again. It was a wonderful hotel and an outstanding value!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2010

I would like to give kudo's to this Hotel. I will admit I was leery when we first got there Friday afternoon to check in. The neighborhood at first was questionable at first glance this is Atlanta and I'm just from a sheltered small town lol. Check in was fast and the front desk lady was super friendly. We did come back for bed that night around 9pm and realized that our window did not lock. Let the front desk know and they moved us over quickly to another room. Room was clean smelt wonderful! Slept great. No loud noises like in some hotels. Continental breakfasts consisted of cereals, hard boiled eggs, muffins, fruit, and waffles. Frey whom I had read about on here checked us out and was so super sweet, and helpful. Over all we really enjoyed it and have already recommended some people we now to use this la Quinta when they visit Atlanta in a few weeks.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2010

this hotel is alittle difficult to locate in a rainstorm and in the dark because it is just off Chantilly before you get to the interestate ramp so be alert! The staff was very nice and the rooms appeared well kept and newly furnished. I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Quality Suites Buckhead Village

Been to La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead? Share your experiences!