“Good times at the Hyatt”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #32 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We just had a three day stay at the Hyatt Place Buckhead. Overall we were impressed by the facility.
The rooms were very clean, and the beds and pillows were comfortable.
We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.
As some other reviews have said my one knock would be the size of the bathrooms. they were small. although additional space was available just outside with a mirror.
The room itself was very modern and the flat screen TV was very nice.
The hotel was located in a nice area of Buckhead, with several restaurants within walking distance.

We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank MichiganBoots

Reviewed June 10, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days and 1 night. The room itself was adequate and I enjoyed the high definition t.v. and free wireless internet access. They serve a continental breakfast with starbucks coffee. However they advertise a fitness center with cardio AND strength equipment and all they had was a stationary bike and treadmills. They also had a pool that they listed as being open from 6:00 am till 10:00 pm, however they refused to open it till 9:00 am. Two of the power outlets in my room were not functioning at all. The front desk service was cold and impersonal at best. The room contained no information on local attractions or dining, I had to go online and google local dining. The elevators were small and cramped and were not air conditioned. I will probably not return to this hotel in the future or any other Hyatt for that matter.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank dylan31
Reviewed April 29, 2008

My company has local agreement rate with this hotel. I frequently stayed at this hotel during my trip to main office. Recently I had terrible experience with the hotel reservation.

I got charge for "NO SHOW" for the mistake that this hotel made.

I called once prior to my arrival to change the reservation and they confirmed. I just move 1 day ahead from the original reservation date. On my arrival date, they can't seems to find any reservation on the system. I showed him my confirmation number. After waiting for a while, finally he gave me the key without telling me if there is anything wrong. Now I found this rediculous charge on my credit card for no show.

despite of this error, I also found the room not ready when I get in. The refrigerator door was open, drawer opened, and I found sofa bed cushions on the floor.

I try to call the manager for this miss-charges issue but all I got is answering machine. No return call has been made to date. None else can deal with this issue.

I probably won't stay at this hotel any longer.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank newhunter
Reviewed April 10, 2008

The Hyatt Place in Buckhead was perfect for our one night stay in Atlanta. We got our room through priceline for approx $80 (including fees). The staff was friendly, and overall we enjoyed our stay!

Pros:
-Close to shopping (Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza are within 1 mile).
-Close to lots of restaurants.
-Not too far of a drive to tourist attractions (like World of Coke and the Aquarium.)
-Nice continental breakfast.
-Spacious room.
-Free parking

Cons:
-Breakfast area kind of crowded.
-Bathroom was kind of small.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank frombctodc
Reviewed March 8, 2008

I positively loved my stay at this hotel. I found the staff very accommodating, the room is clean and features modern design, and what I most appreciated was the value. Granted, I booked through Hotwire for $59/night; still, this is a hotel that I wouldn't mind paying regular price for. I will be more than pleased to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank usmcsgtftl
Reviewed January 29, 2008

My introduction to The Hyatt Place/Buckhead was by being told that Mgmt. would not allow the staff to check anyone in before 3 p.m. My daughter and I arrived at 2:40 p.m. We waited patiently for 3 p.m. to arrive at which time the desk clerk began to check us in. I specifically reserved a room at the Hyatt Place because they showed that they had a room available with two full size beds. I am a father who was traveling with my daughter for a prospective college visit and my only other option at the hotel the college had recommended was a King bed. I was not going to share a King bed with my daughter. Once I arrived they told me all they had was a King. Manager's response - take it or leave it. It is now 3:15 p.m., I have to be at the college at 4 p.m. I had to take it and make him aware that I would certainly review his establishment online. Once checked in, we were given our room cards, we really needed to just dash up to the room, set down our bags and jump in the cab that I had called once I had checked in. What a surprise, room is occupied. A pilot and guest are in the bed. Have to get back to desk, acquire another room, drop off bags, catch cab , get to college. NOT HAPPY. No one cared. Room was nice, had a couch that we used for sleep instead of both having a bed. I would never recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank PCS15394
Reviewed December 30, 2007

Stayed here for a weekend getaway with my wife and 2 small kids.

I reviewed this hotels reviews before going and mostly the only bad reviews were related to small rooms and no smoking. I'm all for no-smoking so that is a big plus in my books. As for small rooms, I don't know which rooms they stayed in, but my room was fine for me, my wife and 2 small children.

Very friendly, knowledgable and service oriented staff.

Room was very nice, clean with mini-refrigerator that comes in handy when traveling with children.

I would recommend this hotel to any traveler. Great bargain for the location.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family