“Weekend getaway”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #36 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 28, 2007

I just have to say this hotel is great!!!
The staff is wonderful, the room incredible, the location was perfect. We stayed only one night I could have stayed a month and been comfortable. I can not say enough good things about the staff. Always helpful no matter what time of the night. I plan on going back and making a minivacation of the trip just enjoying the hotel and the area surrounding it. The area has a lot of construction going on but you did not hear any noise or experience any inconvience from it. The bed is so big and comfortable I felt like I was at home. Walking out the front door of the hotel there is a Brewery and restraunt in the parking deck. Food was great the beer cold and tasty. Just an all around wonderful place to spend a night or more.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank paitsem
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

Reviewed November 5, 2007

This hotel is entirely non-smoking (they do not allow smoking in any of their guest rooms), a fact which is not apparent from their website or from expedia.com. We learned this the hard way when we booked over expedia (requested a smoking room) and arrived to be informed upon check in that they could not honor our request because they had no smoking rooms and could not move us to another Hyatt because we'd pre-paid over expedia. Their "accommodation" for smokers is an unheated tent with a couple of park benches outside a door off the lobby on the first floor. Hardly convenient , pleasant or what you want in a home-away-from-home.

Also be aware that the only toiletries this hotel offers are 1) shampoo, 2) conditioner and 3) a tiny bar of facial soap. Front desk gave me a lotion when I asked, but the maids have nothing other than what I just listed. No full sized soap. No body wash/gel. No shower caps. No mouthwash.

If you are a non-smoker and bring all toiletries with you, this is a nice and pretty inexpensive place. Large suite-like rooms with sitting area/work station/wetbar separate from the sleeping area. Free covered parking. Centrally located in Buckhead. Rooms are modern and have nice flat-screen TV's with HD programming. Free continental breakfast in the morning - cereal, toast, fruit and coffee and juice.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed October 24, 2007

I booked this hotel using "name your own price" on Priceline. I picked 2 1/2 stars in the Buckhead area and bid $60. I could not believe I got this hotel! I took the Marta from the airport, the Hyatt place was about 5 blocks from the Buckhead stop. I was in the area for a concert at the Roxy Theater which was only about 4 blocks away in the other direction from the Marta stop. The hotel offered a shuttle for a 3 mi radius. But I ended up walking everywhere! There was a steakhouse in back of the hotel and a Wendy's a few blocks away. The hotel has a very retro feel and I was greeted by a very nice front desk agent. My room was ready even though it was only 12 noon and I was not charged for checking in early! My room was fabulous! Very nicely decorated and spacious. Dining options in the hotel were all in the lobby, it was not a restaurant per say but there were a lot of food options. The Hyatt place chain calls it the "Guest Kitchen." I liked the idea of the food kiosk where I could order my food like it said to do in the guest directory. But when I went to do so I was told not to use it b/c they weren't busy. I would have really liked to try it! Overall, a great hotel in an up-and-coming area (a lot of construction going on) I had a wonderful stay and a great time at the concert!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 20, 2007

We enjoyed the Hyatt Place in Buckhead.

The breakfast was very nice and complimentary. There were seats both in the breakfast room as well has out in the lobby area, which for us, was just fine.

The HDTV as extremely nice and while we were in the room enjoyed watching the high definition shows.

Parking was also very nice in the nearby garage and was also complimentary.

A restaurant nearby was very convenient and served our purpose.

The only downside was indeed the small bathroom. While the sink was outside the bathroom area and in same room as the bed, behind the bathroom door was the toilet and tub. You just didn't have enough room to navigate with just the small area in front of the toilet to get dressed. Poor planning.

However, the room did have a separate area with a pull out sofa, a nice work table as well as refrig and wet bar. Very roomy overall. Just hated the small bathroom

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank traveler1844
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Stayed for two nights on business. I didn't choose the hotel myself - we were placed here by the company who hosted us. The room itself was pretty good, although the bathroom was very small. The staff, while polite, seemed very disorganized. When I arrived at Buckhead Station from the airport, I called to request the hotel shuttle, but was placed on hold and forgotten about. I ended up having to walk to the hotel carrying my luggage, although I didn't even know where it was and just started walking until I found it. When I arrived and voiced my displeasure, I was given a discount coupon to a nearby restaurant...that was closed. There was quite a bit of disorder and construction going on in the lobby area, as they appeared to have opened the hotel before it was completely finished. I agree with the other writer who noted that Hyatt should not rush to open their properties before they are completed.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I agree that this hotel is overrated. It tries to compensate for its small size with contemporary/modern decor and a 42" plasma tv. I asked for a smoking room, but arrived to find it was nonsmoking. Also, my room was not totally clean. There was popcorn on the sofa and a used napkin under the chair. I ordered an in-room movie and could not finish it because it froze up several times during play. I don't like the fact that there is no hotel information/guest services booklet in the rooms. Can I get instructions for accessing the internet (which was down, by the way)? Staff was nice. Air worked well. I don't know. I would say stay here if you like watching tv (not inroom movies), but not if you're looking for lots of space or additional hotel amenities. After one night here, I packed up and checked out. I didn't like the experience I had so I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 17, 2007

Good location with comfortable beds and flat screen TV. Can't remember last time I stayed in a hotel without a hair dryer. A/C didn't get room very cold. Ice maker on floor didn't work. Breakfast area was small and became easily crowded. Received wake-up call first morning at 7 AM, without asking for one. Called down 2nd night to advise we didn't want another wakeup call in the morning, but no answer, so left phone off the hook. I've stayed in better lower star hotels!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family