“Perfect sight seeing tour!”
Review of City Segway Tours Atlanta - CLOSED

City Segway Tours Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: As you cruise through the "Capitol of the South", you will receive a great orientation, informative historical and current-day information, heaps of unique and fascinating stories, fantastic photo ops and superb personal service from your guide. The Segway is the first of its kind - a self-balancing, personal transportation device that's designed to operate in any pedestrian environment. It's new, it's cool and a ton of fun!
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was my second Segway tour; the first time we did the midtown tour and this time the downtown tour. I had five college girlfriends in town and none had been to Atlanta so it was a perfect way to see the city and learn about Atlanta! Bobby was kind, patient and well-informed. He knew so much about the city (that after 13 years I didn't) that I didn't even feel like I lived here. In my group, I was the only one who had ridden a Segway and Bobby was an extremely good teacher. He made everyone so comfortable. Thanks City Segway tours!! And thanks Addison!

1  Thank cwberg
There are newer reviews for City Segway Tours Atlanta

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is our third segway tour, we first enjoyed Downtown tour 2 years ago , and recently had the pleasure of repeating the Midtown tour with the best storyteller, Cynthia. She was meticulous with training, safety and an outstanding storyteller. We toured with friends that grew up in Atlanta, who also were impressed the Cynthia's knowledge and personality. When you have out of town visitors, it is a must.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I did the Segway tour back in November with a friend! We loved it! We both live here, but learned a lot about the city! Eliana was an excellent guide!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had the pleasure of touring downtown Atlanta with City Segway Tours Atlanta, and we had a blast!!! Since the day the Segway was 'unveiled' on TV some years ago, I have wanted to try one out. So when we were in DC walking our legs off at the 'Mall' where all the monuments are, and a grinning Segway group glided by us, I decided that it was time to fulfill that 'bucket list' item. We scheduled our tour here in Atlanta and, as luck would have it, our whole group consisted of our family group.
Our fantastic tour guide, Bobby, took his time answering each and every one of our questions, and giving us detailed instructions/cautions about operating a Segway. He also was very patient and concise in instructing each of us individually in mounting and dismounting, accelerating/decelerating, stopping, plus, he gave us explanations of hand signals he would be using, and told us that he would always cross streets first and make sure it was safe for us to follow. He really took his time and made sure that each of us was feeling confident before we set off on our big adventure!
The day was glorious, and the fall colors were so brilliant as to hurt you eyes! It was cool, but not cold, breezy, but not windy. It was, in a word, perfect. Bobby is so knowledgeable about Atlanta--its history, its streets, and its attractions. He made all of us want to know more and do more (we are planning more visits soon to the downtown area). Among many things, we saw the World of Coke, the Aquarium, the Ferris Wheel, Underground Atlanta, Olympic Park, and many other sites--including many historic buildings with Bobby pointing out such interesting features and letting us in on their history. A highlight was zipping around the gorgeous Capitol building/dome, and even stopping for a snack at the famous "Varsity" eatery on GA Tech's campus.
As recent transplants to the area, we were delighted to see and hear about our new nearby 'city', and we even watched part of the action going on with the filming of "Fast & Furious 2" as their choppers darted above us, around the buildings, one, which is actually in the movie, and the other one with a large camera on the front!
I would love to say it went off without a hitch, but just about a hundred yards from returning back to the Segway office, I somehow got too close to my daughter's wheels (something we were warned about!) as we were waiting for the light to change, and suddenly found myself down on the ground in the dirt--which didn't hurt anything but my pride. However, the fact that I grabbed the handlebar when I slid off and that there was a huge concrete garbage receptacle in front of us, preventing the Segway from simply scooting away from me, resulted in it spinning back towards me, as one of the tires (which are softly filled) socked me in the side and knocking the breath out of me. It was MY fault, and I realized that I had gotten so 'comfortable' with the Segway that I inadvertently ignored a rule Bobby had emphasized: make sure you keep that 'bubble' of space between you and the others. I won't lie: it hurt! And for a while last night I wondered if I hadn't broken a rib or two...but, today it is much better, and is getting better as the day progresses. No doubt I have a bruised side, but, I'll live to ride again!
Would I do it again? The fall? No...I'll be sure to prevent that. But the tour? You bet! A thousand times YES!!!! I LOVED it, and I cannot wait to do another Segway Tour!!! In fact, I think I have discovered the most perfect gift in the world for those people who 'have everything' or you just can't think of what to give them that they would enjoy! And from now on, whenever we go to a new city to sight-see, I am going to first seek out the Segway tour...as you can see in 3 hours what would take you a whole day or two, on foot. And I guarantee you will have more fun than you ever have before--I can't wait for the next tour!!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Booked a surprise tour for my Mom, my friend and I. Only time available for our trip was the evening tour so I booked it. What a blast! The smile that lasted on my moms face & the giggles the whole time from my friend were priceless! Alliana (sp?) was our tour guide, we had all girls in our group we ROCKED IT. Alliana was a great guide and took us on a very knowledgeable tour around ATL in the evening for 2 hours. We are still talking about the tour 2 weeks later. I can't wait to bring my husband & more friends down for a tour. Highly recommend for an exciting & thrilling tour of downtown ATL....loved the night tour.

1  Thank Littlenester