“Great Place For A Football Game”
Review of Georgia Dome

Georgia Dome
Ranked #22 of 291 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: This stadium is home to the Atlanta Falcons football team.
Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Great Place For A Football Game”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We went to the NFC Championship here & it was awesome! The dome & atmosphere for a football game cannot be beat here! The fans definitely love their Falcons & the place was rocking with excitement!

The dome is easy to get to & the staff is extremely helpful in whatever you need. We enjoyed the whole experience here & definitely will be back!

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No bad seats - great event staff!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our family recently visited the Georgia Dome for the Falcons vs. Seahawks playoff game. We were in section 313. These seats were only two rows from the top of the stadium and still the view was good. I would not purchase seats at this level again however because of the small narrow steps leading to seats in the top section and very little leg room. It tends to be a rowdier section as well. The next time I would spend a little extra money and get seats in the mezzanine section. Also if you are not in great shape, walking up the ramps to the 2nd and 3rd sections are cumbersome. There are elevators and some escalators available. The restrooms were clean and plentiful. They were located right as you came out of every section. The food was good albeit somewhat expensive but that was to be expected. There were chain store foods available (e.g. Papa John's, Sonny's BBQ) in addition to the regular snacks and hotdogs/ hamburgers/ chicken fingers. The event staff were great! They were helpful, polite, and easy to access for help or information. It seemed as though there were as many staff as attendees! My husband had an accident before leaving and one staff member waited with us while another located a wheelchair and took him all the way out of the Dome. If you are attending a packed event as we did you should definitely consider taking Marta as we did. I thought it would be difficult but instead it was very easy and safe. We parked at the College Park station near the airport for free, bought roundtrip tickets for $5 each, and took the northbound train to Five Points, then a westbound train from there directly to the Dome. It was only one stop to get to the Dome. On the Dome map (online) it looks as though there is a bit of walking from the Marta station to the Dome; however, it lets you out directly at the front door accessed by a short walkway. There were plenty of Marta staff and ATL police on hand for help there as well. Although it was crowded we were able to get from our car to our seats in about 45 minutes. Marta was cleaner than expected too. We plan to attend a concert at the Dome during the summer and the only thing I would do differently is getting seats lower.

1 Thank JoDon2013
Mosinee, Wisconsin, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Facility”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I attended the Passion 2013 conference in the Dome. There are no bad seats and it was easy to get around. Very clean and only 20 years old.

Visited January 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fun place!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I recently attended two events at the Georgia Dome....the Falcons vs. Bucaneers game and the Chick-Fil-A bowl the following day. The dome is a comfortable place for a football game and it's nice that you don't have to worry about bad weather. My only complaint is that the food and drinks are outrageously priced. Obviously this is to be expected at an NFL game and a bowl game, but I wouldn't recommend eating a meal there. I would suggest eating a big meal or tailgating before an event and not planning to purchase any food while in the dome. Security was pretty fast for both events I attended but it wasn't as tight for the bowl game as it was for the Falcons game....that kind of confused me. This is definitely a fun place though!

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Easy access, very organized, good food! I do not go very often but I enjoy everytime I have a chance to attend to a Falcon's game

Been to Georgia Dome? Share your experiences!