“Amazing French toast”

Cuisines: American, European, Deli, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Murray Hill Ave
Transit: Sun in my Belly is conveniently located one block west of the East Lake MARTA station.
Description: Cozy neighborhood cafe offering brunch, coffee, catering services and a full alcohol/liquor menu. Settled in Kirkwood, Atlanta, GA in an old hardware store, Sun in my Belly has been serving the Atlanta/Decatur area for over 20 years.
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

Love the food.... Hate the crowds. This place is very popular. Parking can be quite an issue and the line ridiculous no matter how early you get there.... However, the food is worth it.

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

One of my favorite southern style restaurants. The casual and cozy seating is nice. Parking is limited so may need to park down street a bit.

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Went early to avoid the crowd. Belly Benedict was absolutely delicious and uncommon with the sweet potato and bacon base - Biscuit was not light but heavier , yet very tasty and perfectly complimented by the butter and jam that accompanied. Nice selection on the menu and friendly servers. A bit off our beaten track but well worth the trip. You will not be sorry you went !

1  Thank simonathome
Reviewed July 9, 2016

We have enjoyed many meals here at SIMB but tonight was a disaster. The service was unbelievably slow and disorganized. I felt bad for our server because she clearly knew that the service issues were affecting the entire restaurant. The patrons seated behind us simply walked out after waiting for service. It went downhill from there. Our wedge salads were served on hot plates which wilted the lettuce of course. We still ate the salads to avoid further delay. We both had fried chicken dinners, which were OK but they were dark meat - no breasts - and the portion size was small compared to other restaurants in town. The menu was also very different from their website, both in selection and price. Their signature meat loaf and shrimp & grits are now gone, and most entrees are priced higher. A restaurant must keep their website up to date to stay competitive, as this is the primary source of info for most patrons. I hope that SIMB evaluates their service and makes appropriate changes. Also they need to do something about the flies - they were everywhere tonight.

14  Thank GuyFromAtlanta_GA
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

My stepdaughter lives nearby so her dad and I met her for breakfast. Funky decor, air conditioning fully operational, a requirement for me at this menopausal age, especially in July. Excellent, friendly service. Now for the food. Oh yum. I had the PBLT - a BLT with pimento cheese and fried green tomatoes, maple smoke bacon and a spicy scallion aioli - omg, it was ridiculously good. All this piled between two slices of toast, sturdy enough to hold the goods without cutting the roof of your mouth. My only regret: I gave half my sandwich to my husband so he could enjoy it too. I want it back.

1  Thank D S

Been to Sun in My Belly? Share your experiences!