“What a surprising place!”
Review of Sun in My Belly

Sun in My Belly
Ranked #255 of 4,020 Restaurants in Atlanta
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Murray Hill Ave
Transit: Sun in my Belly is conveniently located one block west of the East Lake MARTA station.
Description: Cozy neighborhood cafe offering brunch, coffee, catering services and a full alcohol/liquor menu. Settled in Kirkwood, Atlanta, GA in an old hardware store, Sun in my Belly has been serving the Atlanta/Decatur area for over 20 years.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went with friends to celebrate a birthday. Had never even heard of this place, and do not get to Decatur much. Long story short, we arrived, they confirmed our reservations and seated us early. We had pre-paid through Scout Mob and this included a variety of ways to enjoy the meal, but being new we pretty much stuck to the game plan of salad, (Or little bite), Main dish (Big bite) and dessert. The meal included a wine or beer with it.

OMG! I was blown away, they had a Malbec that is hard to find and was so far, the absolute best of 30 or 40 I've tried, as I enjoyed it, it paired perfectly with the meal.

Do NOT expect 'hovering' servers, however, they never missed a beat, and while we once or twice had to look about to catch our server's attention, the meal never skipped a beat. (Very laid back, but attentive service.) The decor was eclectic (I don't normally use that word, but had been here when it was REALLY a hardware store selling exotic woods for my woodworking hobby.) I went from trying to figure things out to fitting in; in about 5 minutes.... the rest of the evening was incredibly relaxing.

The food was one of the best meals (Filet mignon medallions) I have had in years. I DO NOT eat fried green tomatoes, nor do dessert, but tried them both (Crème brûlée) and will order them both again - perfection and a taste dance in my mouth!

Food size was simple, I cleaned my plates (As did everyone else) and felt was "Just right" - Not empty nor that awful "Too full".

This was a wonderful life surprise, and we will be back to enjoy brunches with the daughter-in-law (lives nearby) as well as recommending it to anyone that will listen or go there...

Kudos to the server; patient with our ignorance, and perfect with her delivery and helpful attitude. The Chef? Well - it's not a wonder this place thrives by mostly word of mouth alone, I could not find a flaw. I hope they stay healthy and profitable, but simply not popular as we have added it to the eat deliciously, relax, and be able to hear one another speak menu in life.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

A friend and I decided to go out for an impromptu dinner. I had driven by Sun in My Belly several times and wanted to try it. So we went and had a fantastic dinner. Such a cute place right when you walk in the door. The menu had several great options making it hard to choose just one thing. Our server was friendly and funny and gave great recommendations. My friend had the grilled meatloaf and mashed potatoes. She was nice enough to let me try a bite and I'm so glad she did because it was really good. I had the Hermes salad with grilled pears, walnuts, goat cheese and salmon. Really good. Cute place. Will definitely go back and take my husband (meatloaf is one of his favorites!)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

the food was incredible. I had the pimento cheese omelet and my girl had the antipasto plate. every thing that came from the kitchen looked amazing though. the decor was shabby chic in the best way, my girl loved the fresh time on the table. although their wine list did not have what we wanted, for a tiny 10$ cork fee we were able to bring our own bottle.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was my 2nd dinner at this quaint establishment, where I have enjoyed lunch twice before. I was not disappointed. My friend and I had a Scoutmob deal for dinner for two. I had the Tilapia special, and she enjoyed beef tenderloin. We both had Geisha salads, which I highly recommend. For dessert we shared caramel crumb cake, which was so good that we got another to go. You simply cannot go wrong eating here. You don't even have to dress up. We will be back.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Delicious, unusual menu choices in a delightfully funky setting. Outside seating available, as well. Artisanal food at its finest.