“Bad experience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Woodruff Arts Center

The Woodruff Arts Center
Ranked #18 of 46 Concerts & Shows in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: The Woodruff Arts Center is one of the premier cultural centers in the nation. Located in Midtown Atlanta, The Woodruff campus houses four renowned organizations - Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, High Museum of Art, and Young Audiences. The Woodruff Arts Center annually offers more than 3,300 performances and exhibitions. In addition to its role as a cultural beacon, the Center serves as a critical economic, educational, and social catalyst for Atlanta and the region.
Roswell, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I had reserved seats for handicapped at the LliNce theater. I got there 10 minutes before the show started when they told me that they gave away those seats. When I bought the tickets they told me that they are reserved. My mother is in a wheelchair. And therefore had to miss the show. I did get my money back. The only one who was. Sympathetic was the parking attendant. To me reserved means reserved. When we bought tickets at the fox they mark those seTs off. Here when you are in fCt handicapped it is too bad. Will never patronize them again. Not wormy the time or stress.

Visited October 2011

New Orleans, Louisiana
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“THE artistic center of Atlanta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

So much to see. People hear of the High Museum as Atlanta's Museum. It is actually PART of the Woodruff that encompasses the symphone, an art theatre, the High and the Woodruff. The latter two have many art venues going on at all times. The museum stores are poor for an arts facility. Not even one post card or book on the major exhibit I went to see. Unlike the Carlos on the Emory Campus which has so much going on at their museum shop. I was in a hurry to see one major exhibit and the place is so massive and there was a private party going on right at the entrance with doors locked, that two museum employees stationed themselves at the areas on Level one of each building so that I would be shown how to get from one building across a courtyard to the next and back so I would not get lost and miss my flight. I did not have to search them out after I saw the exhibit. They were where they said they would be and got me through the vast place. The place will take many visits to see everything. I think this is one of those places you just have to choose what you want to see and leave the rest until another time. Either that or you will be coming back for days.

Visited July 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cancelled Show !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

Not even a sign on the front door to explain.

Had a great dinner, PAID for parking, and NO SHOW ! !

Buyer Beware !

1 Thank GymGuy38
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High museum next door is wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

The Woodruff Arts center is nice enough if you are enrolled in classes or going to see a show, but the High Museum next door to Woodruff is worth a visit. The High Museum is a lovely, airy building with fun permanent exhibits and interesting traveling exhibits. It is a unique design by Richard Meier, with white tiled curves-- clean and inviting probably one of the most attractive buildings built in 1983 it looks still looks fresh and new in 2010.

1 Thank lesnesman

Been to The Woodruff Arts Center? Share your experiences!