“Fox”

Ranked #2 of 286 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Recently restored to its original gilded look of the 1920s, the Fox Theatre features "Mighty Mo," a classic Moller organ with over 3,600 pipes. The lavish theatre currently hosts Broadway musicals, comedy shows and dance companies throughout the year.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fox”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Ths fox has always been a comfortable venue for the concert and plays that ive attended. Seatin is comfortable... and love how the yhave the vendors set up outside the seating area.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
MARIETTA
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A venue to pick if the show is worth seeing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have been to the Fabulous Fox many times. It is always seeing a show there. I have seen in no particular order Johnny Winter, Grateful Dead, Atlanta Ballet, Harry Chapin, Atlanta Synphony Orchestra, movies and maybe a few other shows. I have also attended private parties there.

The Fox was flaashy and elegant when it was built and it still is. As a side note the facility has one of the highest utilization rates of any commercial venue in America.

Definately worth seeing for yourself.

1 Thank James F
Columbus, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Loved everything!!! The location is convenient to places to eat.

atlanta
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The theater is as much an attraction as the show you are seeing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Beautiful old theater. The setting makes shows here even better!

1 Thank luvs2ski
st augustine, FL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Inexcusable experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have enjoyed many movies and performances at the Fox, however I want to express my feelings about our latest visit. My 90 year old Mother requested to see Les Miserables, my brother purchased three orchestra tickets for my Mom, my cousin visiting from Kentucky and myself. We arrived and were seated when I noticed that 2 or 3 rows ahead of us there were some handicapped guests. Their chairs set them a good head above us, and the man directly in front of me had a neck support bar that was the width of his chair and several inches high. My view of the stage was completely blocked, and my cousin and Mom could not see either. At intermission I spoke to a Manager who was very kind, but unable to resolve anything because it was a sold out performance.

I am certainly in favor of everyone having the opportunity to see these productions but not to block the view of others. Perhaps the Fox needs to rethink the location of handicapped seating.

1 Thank bellestaugustine

Been to Fox Theatre? Share your experiences!