“Great archaeology Museum in the ATL”

Michael C. Carlos Museum
Ranked #35 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: The Carlos Museum is one of the Southeast's premier ancient art museums with major collections of art objects from ancient Egypt, Nubia, Near East, Greece, Rome, ancient Americas, Africa, and Asia, as well as a collection of works on paper from the Renaissance to the present.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Carlos has a very good collection of archaelogical artifacts attractively displayed. It also has a very good lecture series connected with the exhibits. Being on the Emory University Campus enhances the experience although making parking difficult

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hi everyone,
The Michael- Carlos museum is a nice museum it's not a big museum but I think it's a good size. The museum is located on emory college campus.The biggest issue I had was finding the museum especially if your driving I finally gave up and called the museum. The lady that picked up was so friendly she guided me all the way to the parking deck. The parking deck she guided me to is the fishburne parking deck. It was literally 5 minutes away from the museum. There is a fee for parking there it ranges from 5 dollars up depending how long you stay there. When you come from this level go up elevator to the first floor and it will take you to where you can buy your tickets. Another great thing about this museum is they are a great value. 8 dollars for adult tickets,6.50 for students, and another 2 dollars for headphones. They also offer tours but I don't know a great deal about that. The museum has a variety of art from Asia, ancient America's, Africa, roman and Greek, written works, and Mesopotamia. Like I said if your lost just give the museum a call I hope you enjoy the museum as much as I did.

1  Thank Lilsophie
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Loved my trip here, earphones worth the $2.00 for additional information. Eaisly walkable for older adults.However take elevator to 3 rd. floor.Tickets available on first floor. A bit confusing if one enters on the ground floor.Weekday parking may take some preplanning. Weekend parking especially handicap easy .Each case brimming with artifacts. The remodeled
Art of the Americas is suppossed to open Feb.9th. I can't wait.Worth a visit for sure.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Didn't know what to expect but thought the quality of artifacts was extraordinary. The collection of Egyptian mummies has to be one of the best is the country. You can get very close to everything and on my Sunday afternoon visit there were very few people which made it even nicer. A few rooms were closed for renovation so you may want to call ahead if there is something specific you want to view.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have lived in Atlanta for the majority of my life and I never knew that this well-kept secret museum existed. While the exhibit is fairly small, it is very wonderful, price appropriate and a treasure in the Atlanta area. Who knew???

1  Thank Swing65

Been to Michael C. Carlos Museum? Share your experiences!