“Beatiful place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 281 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Step into a world of magic and serenity at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, where features like the Fuqua Orchid Center treat visitors to a rare collection of high-elevation orchids never before grown in the southeast.
San Antonio, Texas
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Beatiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is one of the most beatiful Botanical Gardends. We had this on out list of places to visit while in Atlanta and we were not disappointed. The orchids were the the most intresting and bueatiful. the volunteers are very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The sculptures are beatiful. very peaceful place to visit. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

One of the most beautiful botanic gardens I've ever visited, and especially the themed greenhouses are stunning. Overall it's a very peaceful place, and quite unexpectedly they also serve great healthy food. For me it was a welcome break from an otherwise very busy Atlanta, and I would recommend it as such.

Visited September 2012
San Diego, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A beautiful and peaceful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Originally, the Botanical Gardens were not on our list of things to do in Atlanta. But a friend who lives there suggested it, and we are so glad we went. I believe they are the most beautiful and interesting gardens we have ever visited. It was a pleasure to stroll the paths; my husband enjoyed photographing flowers, iron gates, sculptures, and the edible garden. Highly recommended!!

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Amazing Oasis In The Center of Atlanta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

What a beautiful oasis in the center of Atlanta. A must see for out of towners and locals alike. The orchid yearly show to me is the highlight.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,249 helpful votes
“A Spooktacular Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for the Fest-of-Ale and Scarecrows in the Garden event.

Upon arrival, the place was PACKED! It took close to an hour just to get in. But, it was definitely worth the wait!

The gardens themselves are beautiful. Add to that funky scarecrows, beer stands scattered throughout, great bands playing, and a pumpkin carving contest, and you have one hell of a night!

It was fun walking around with our flashlights and seeing the communities' creativity. Some of the scarecrows were funny, ugly, or totally amazing. Also, you get a different perspective of the gardens at night.

I would highly recommend doing this tour. It was a lot of fun. Next time I'd like to go back in the daytime to see all the amazing varieties of flowers and orchids that they have. I have been to a lot of gardens around this country, and the Atlanta Botanical Gardens has plants I have never seen anywhere else. Go and check it out!

Visited October 2012