Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site
Ranked #7 of 298 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Start at the visitor center and then work your way around the three main sites in this historic park: the home in which the leader of the Civil Rights movement in America was born, the church where he preached and the memorial site where he is buried. A major Atlanta attraction, the park draws some 500,000 visitors each year.
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I came from Memphis. I wanted to see as much as possible from Rev. King. A must-see, indeed

Write a ReviewReviews (2,912)
All reviews
"visitor center"
in 115 reviews
"eternal flame"
in 99 reviews
"the civil rights movement"
in 173 reviews
"the national park service"
in 61 reviews
in 46 reviews
"across the street"
in 98 reviews

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I went to the MLK JR. Historic Site with my long time friend. We had our young adult children (20 years old) and my nine year old. We had a wonderful time. I learned so much more about MLK, the child and his family than I ever knew. The tour guide who is actually works for the US Dept of Parks was extremely knowledgeable and was able to keep the attention of the younger children in the tour group. The gift shop has many interesting African American books. My son brought an harmonica!! You will not regret this experience. You will leave the tour with even more respect for this monumental man; Dr. King.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is a wonderful place to visit and provides a great opportunity to wander the historic area of Atlanta. Staff were most courteous and we met some lovely people in all the parts of the attraction. The stories, buildings, photographs and memorials were both educational and also quite moving. It made me feel quite humble reading this mans great achievements and what he stood for. If you visit Atlanta you should go to se this.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We didn't have a lot of time, but we were in Atlanta, and we decided to stop by. We didn't get a chance to go inside or take a tour, but it was really something standing by the Ebenezer Baptist Church and looking at the beautiful memorial where he is buried - truly serene and inspiring.