“Fair ballpark”

Turner Field
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This Major League ballpark is home to the Atlanta Braves. Before catching a game, fans can check out the Braves Museum and Hall of Fame, featuring Hank Aaron's record-breaking, 715th home run ball.
South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fair ballpark”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Been here a bunch of times decent sight lines, but be sure to eat before you go and plan on driving to the stadium.. Prices are out of sight and the food is the worst ballpark fareI have tried. I don't mind paying more at a game and I expect it, but at least provide a hot dog that is edible.
Getting here from the Marta is doable but annoying as you have to exit the MARTA, walk a quarter mile and then take a shuttle bus to the field. It is much easier to drive your own car.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
190 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 381 helpful votes
“Average New "old" ballpark”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We attended a Braves game at Turner Field on the 13th. To start, I have never seen official parking so far from a stadium, and I've been to plenty. It's not easy to find your car when you come out either despite some signs. Also coming out at night, some fans were greeted with pan handlers. I saw one drunken,crazy, or both, homeless looking fellow harassing a small group of young women going to their cars. I told him to beat it while being cursed at but he left. There are plenty of cops around but not enough to cover the entire parking lots. Now for the park itself. As new "old" ballparks go, Turner Field isn't too bad. It does need more lighting though. Areas where the concessions are, are not bright enough. It does in a bad way remind you actually of the old dark ballparks of yesteryear. Even on the field, center field is very dark as there are no lights in the outfield. Now for the food,I can say that the hot dogs were very good and burning hot coming off the rollers instead of pre-rapped in foil like many other parks. The ice cream was very good too. The workers were friendly and seemed happy to deal with the customers. Now for the fans. With the Braves in the lead for the wild card, I found it sad that their fans give them no support. They said the paid attendance was 15k, but I guarantee you no more than 10k showed up. And this is September baseball in beautiful weather! Very sad.On a lighter note,though I'm not a Braves fan, I did get to participate in doing the chop. It was fun until the 10th time, but then even real Braves fans were burned out and stopped. They do it way too many times. If you are in the Atlanta area, Turner field isn't a bad place to see a ballgame. With fan support like they get, you might just have the whole place to yourself.

1 Thank Trip117
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“755 Club is Abysmal”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

My company made the mistake of having an event at the 755 Club in a "private space". We weren't even given a modicum of customer service. In fact, we were repeatedly yelled at (YOU CAN'T BE HERE) and our food was not ready, despite our meeting running over. The entire event was disorganized and clearly a low priority for management. The utter disregard for the fact that we had paid for certain services was disgusting. We will never have another event there, and I encourage you to avoid it if you belive you will be impressing your business associates. Conversely, I must say, I have had other excellent experiences at Turner Field - the 755 Club was by far the one of the worst customer service fiascos I have ever experienced.

1 Thank Rebecca R
Raleigh, North Carolina
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great place to watch a ball game”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Headed down to see the Braves play over Labor Day weekend. The stadium itself was constructed for the Olympics in '96, so it's not as dated as some of the other ballparks in the league.

Paid $12 for parking, and it was a short walk to the stadium. There's a lot to do at the park for kids and things. Got some great seats at affordable prices. Food wasn't bad, but if you don't dig paying prices at the ballpark, you can bring your own food, which is a pretty awesome deal.

Only thing that keeps this place from being 5/5 is the fact that the home town folks can't fill this stadium. I know it's pretty big compared to other ballparks, but I wonder what it would be like if the place was packed and a big game was on the line. Unfortunately it wouldn't happen unless the Braves go back to the World Series or something.

Atlanta
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the best places in America to see a ballgame!”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Absolutely as must if you're in Atlanta. Baseball fan, or not. Beautiful view of the city in an energetic atmosphere- A great time!