“Pretty Nice Zoo” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 281 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This extraordinary zoo, one of the oldest in the U.S., underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in the 1980s and is still expanding. Its landscaping replicates the natural habitats of the numerous animals, some of which are endangered species. Four panda bears from China delight the crowds, and groups of gorillas separated by moats do their own share of entertaining.
Kimberly, AL
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Pretty Nice Zoo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Atlanta has a fine zoo- not the best, but certainly not the worst! There is a fine assortment of animals to see if you don't mind doing a lot of walking. Some of the trails need to be marked a little clearer- a lot of people were like us and were passing the same locations many times. The food was more expensive than I thought was necessary too. If you want to see a great zoo, try St. Louis or if you can- go to the San Diego Zoo- that's a 5 star zoo!!!

Visited April 2014

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“One of the best Zoo experiences!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you plan on visiting the Zoo & another attraction like; The Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, CNN or another museum PLEASE RESEARCH CITY PASS FIRST!!!! It saved us $$$$$!! It was $74 a person & a great money/time saver. This was by far one of the best zoo experiences ever, not sure if we just timed it right, minus every summer camp & boys.girls club in town---but we had so many "first times" of viewing we spent hours there. We saw lions with cubs moving, a first, and tons of time at the Gorilla viewing. They were being fed while we were there, and the babies were so active. We saw them beat on their chests & also the tiger was active too!! We fed birds in the aviary & also had an awesome reptile house. There's great children play areas & a splash zone so you can bring some swimsuits!! There's a train, carousel & petting zoo. Only one sit down food choice was open due to being seasonal. Parking is FREE and plenty of it. Tons of vending machines for drinks & ice cream.

Visited June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Went with photography class.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I went to the zoo with my photography class. I loved seeing the animals in their natural habitat. Got great shots of the lions, giraffes, panda bears, tiger, birds and gorilla. It was a super location for learning photography. Con: too many school children were there. I wish they would have a special time for photographers only.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Susan B
Cape Coral, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Got to see the Pandas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have waited a long time to be able to take a trip to see the Panda Bears. I was not disappointed
I was pleasantly surprised that the zoo is mostly shaded by trees. It was not near as hot that way.It was a great day. Only problem was parking. We were not early so the lot was full. Thankfully a worker wwas coming in and told us where we could park on the street. A walk but worth it. I would suggest if going, to make sure you get there early for the parking. Handicap also in short supply.
Feeding giraffes also a great experience for anyone.

Visited June 2014
Safety Harbor, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I absolutely love panda bears. I discovered I could have an actual real Wild Life Experience with a panda, I was so excited. Zoo Atlanta at the time had 7 panda bears. Two were adults and 5 siblings. Six people at one time actually get to feed and have an up close experience with one panda. Since my visit in March, two pandas have returned to China. The staff was wonderful and the experience was unforgettable.

Visited March 2014