“Pandas are the highlight”
Review of Zoo Atlanta

Ranked #30 of 295 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This extraordinary zoo, one of the oldest in the U.S., underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in the 1980s and is still expanding. Its landscaping replicates the natural habitats of the numerous animals, some of which are endangered species. Four panda bears from China delight the crowds, and groups of gorillas separated by moats do their own share of entertaining.
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We have made several trips to Zoo Atlanta with our young grandson, and each time vow not to return. The pandas lure us back, and we decided to go to see the panda babies, which I love to watch on Panda Cam. The babies are adorable and I could have watched them for hours. The viewing area was packed, so hard to stay more than a few minutes to watch. Rest of zoo is sad, and in not so great part of town. Parking is horrible, we drove in circles for so long to get a spot. The map is confusing, and the hilly terrain is challenging at times. So many animals not on exhibit. Elephants in such a small area, and they are so muddy and sad looking. Zebras muddy too. Otters are cute when they are out. Flamingos are pretty. Hard to see most of the animals, which are far away. Gorilla viewing area is nice but packed and hot. Train is a draw for our grandson, but it is a short ride with nothing much to see. They need to rebuild the zoo in a better area with more space. If they can do it with the Braves stadium, they can do it with the zoo. Atlanta deserves better.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,014)
All reviews
in 90 reviews
in 63 reviews
in 124 reviews

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Some of the animal weren't there when I visit, perhaps because of the cold. The best part of my tour was to look at the pandas. They are really cute animals. The place where the snakes are is very interesting too.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The entrance at the zoo in Atlanta looked familiar.The price did not.
I believe in saving for the annual pass. It's expensive everywhere but worth having. We walked, we saw the pandas, an fell in love with the
Feline cubs......The reptile house is scarey....I was able to enjoy the zoo because of the alliance they have with the Georgia Public Library system,
the power of the library card, an a video. I enjoyed that I had to watch the history behind the zoo before I went. I could see the expansion, an where
the blooms in late spring will be, the owls if you can find them are different.
Bathrooms at the entrance. Water fountains also. Not a lot of rest areas but some,Overcast days are the best,,,,,,,

1  Thank Bpuffin
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Many big pands and a twin cubs. Your heart will melt. They are so adorable. If you are in Atlanta, make sure you make some time for a visit to the zoo. Adults or children, doesn't matter, you can always travel back to childhood memories. The zoo is not to large, a nice size to walk around and the weather there is quite pleasant considering the harsh winter we have in Midwest. I am so glad I made that trip. It only took me 2 hours to get a full tour. Loved it!