“It was nice.”

Ranked #16 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This extraordinary zoo, one of the oldest in the U.S., underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in the 1980s and is still expanding. Its landscaping replicates the natural habitats of the numerous animals, some of which are endangered species. Four panda bears from China delight the crowds, and groups of gorillas separated by moats do their own share of entertaining.
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My kids really enjoyed themselves. No long lines. Bathrooms were really clean. Sodas and Water was expensive.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,989)
All reviews
in 63 reviews
"playground"
in 124 reviews

Reviewed November 8, 2012

While we had 1/2 a day, this was our first visit and I would allow at least 6 hrs to enjoy it all and linger at great places like the gorilla enclosure, fun family life there, and watch the pandas and big cats. Zoo done right with most animals in great enclosures. The bird areas were so much fun with exotics. Nice all around.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was disappointed when I went to this zoo. It's expensive and not worth the price that they charge.If we had not gotten in free,we would not have went.The best part of the zoo was the gorillas and monkeys. The zoo in Columbia SC is alot better and it does not cost as much..

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I enjoy visiting zoos in different cities and this zoo gets my approval. The layout was great for kids in that there was not much walking between exhibits. The kids had a blast rock climbing and riding the train. There was not a huge crowd/line to see the panda bears as previously experienced at the San Diego Zoo. We were able to walk right up to them. The food is expensive as is now typical of these places. The major disappointment for my 8 yr old was that the bounce house was not open on our visit. I thought this was extremely whack considering we visited on a Saturday. Other than that, this is worth the trip. You can also check out the Cyclorama and Grant Park before or after.

1  Thank kee146
See more reviews
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I went to this “Cobwebs and Cocktails” event held here, and it was really fun. I was expecting more scares on the way to the pavilion but there were none to be found. It was cold enough that the tiger wasn’t out, but the flamingoes were having a good time. At the pavilion it was a full on party, 2 staffed bars, a dj, a corn maze, 2 fortune tellers, an acrobat and a few photographers running about getting pics of all that was going on. We really wanted to come here during the day and see everything in normal mode but we ran out of time on. It will be a stop next time we’re in the area.