Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $65.00
from $69.99
from $55.00
More Info
All reviews guided tour small apartment gwtw fan adjacent building famous book movie premiere gift shop the atlanta history center small museum peachtree street civil war on display great museum behind the scenes author film scarlet
Reviewed 2 days ago

If you love the book or the movie this is a fun place to visit. We had a great tour guide who let us direct the conversation to what interested us (we were four strangers but we got along well and added our own touches.) All our questions were answered and we learnt some interesting information. Not a must but I don't regret my time there.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Would have liked more time in the residence on our own between tours, but guide was excellent. MLK exhibit was a nice bonus. Goid selection in gift shop.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited this place years ago with a colleague, well worth the trip, frozen in time historical tribute to an inspirational character.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm from near Atlanta and I kept meaning to visit, but of course it took an out of town friend to get me there! Well worth the ticket price - we visited the Atlanta History Center (also well worth a visit!) We parked across the street, some of the parking spaces at the Bank are reserved for MMH visitors, Awesome tour guide, so nice and warm and informative! The exhibit across the courtyard is also Very Interesting!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although not that much to see, the apartment where M. Mitchell wrote her book and the exhibit on the making of the film are worth one's time. The guide was informative and friendly, having us sit in the living room where MM wrote her book, sharing tidbits about MM and the writing of the book. It felt like a "book club," since everyone there had read the book, several times, I suspect. I also appreciated the guide's frankness about how MM's story represents Mitchell's time/values about life in Georgia in the 1930's.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Gone With the Wind is a favorite book and movie. The tour was absolutely ruined by the silly, overbearing, and useless tour guide. So much interesting information could have been conveyed, but he was so silly and kept repeating the same phrases over and over. It was a waste of admission. Please get guides who are knowledgeable and represent this museum and Atlanta well.

1  Thank Wanderlust1914
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Really enjoyed this attraction. I'm a big fan of the movie. It was very informative.
We learned a lot about Margaret Mitchell and behind the scenes tidbits about the movie.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Gone with the wind fans [like Sue] will love it!
Entertaining guide clearly knew his stuff and provoked thought and ideas from the bunch of us on a freebie tour. Well tipped him!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I liked that house, but was disappointed that none of the furniture was original. The tour guide was nearly overbearing. I would have preferred less talk from him and more time just to walk through and read. We did leave this till the end of day and weren't able to see it all (the musuem for the movie). A definite see if you like the book or movie. I could have skipped it and been fine but wanted to see it because I remember the movie being played annually as a kid (before cable came). I appreciate the visit, but leave it up to you. If it's important to you, then a must see.

Reviewed September 29, 2018

A little disappointing that it didn't "feel" like we were in her era or see more GWTW items, but it is still a pretty cool place.