Underground Atlanta - CLOSED

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2018

I went to the place by MARTA, the Atlanta Metro. And, as soon as I was in the area, the atmosphere wasn't appealing at all. The underground market is overhyped, kind of less of light, spooky types. Not even good shops. Did not feel the good vibe and closed my chapter of Underground Atlanta there only!

Date of experience: August 2017
5  Thank The3D
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to see a couple of bands that were playing. The main entrance was through the parking garage and the Uber driver was kind enough to watch us walk in to the garage after we realized we couldn’t go through the street entrance.

Once we got inside it was a good time, but waiting for our ride with only a few drunks walking by definitely made you feel vulnerable.

Would we go again? It would have to be a really great band and I’d park in the garage.

14  Thank paulwH4664ZH
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

A place to see during daylight hours as it forms part of the historic area of downtown Atlanta. We felt safe while walking round, it's a shame to see so many socially challenged people around this area, but hey all city's have there good, bad and indifferent areas.

8  Thank Dogman1812
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

The underground element is permanently closed. There are some modern above ground elements but it’s not a nice part of town to walk around. Lots of people begging and hassling you. Nothing pleasant to see.

6  Thank GCarnaffan
Reviewed April 16, 2018

nothing here! gone gone gone! not the underground of yesteryear! A very dangerous place! do not go , do not take family, do not take self. very nasty

Date of experience: April 2018