“Great Choice for Buckhead Area and Business Travelers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #2 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
NYC
“Great Choice for Buckhead Area and Business Travelers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Stayed at The Mansion for two nights on business. Lives up to high standard of any Rosewood Hotel. Fine service, comfortable room, solid food. Location in Buckhead is quite good, across from a mall and plenty of other restaurants. Great for business travelers - not sure if I'd bring my family here for vacation.

Positives:
* Enjoyed indoor swimming pool. Perfect temperature to sneak in a quick swim before/after work. I had the pool to myself in the morning and night. You do have to take a couple elevators to get there, but not a big deal. Simple two lane lap pool, so good for exercise, less appropriate for recreational use.
* Breakfast was excellent. Ordered room service in the morning, which was prompt and delicious. Eggs and grits were great.
* Room was clean, comfortable bed. No complaints. Easy stay.

Negatives.
* Taxi wait was a bit long to get out.
* TV was a bit slow to operate/navigate.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
I'm very please and impressed with your clear and concise review of The Mansion on Peachtree and your experience with us. Thank you for your input and we look forward to youir return.

Luigi Romaniello, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Turkish first
Newnan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

Everyone at The Mansion on Peachtree Rd. made us feel welcome. The entire staff was very genuine in character. The rooms were beautiful. We felt special on our 15th Anniversary with a special dessert and personal note of congratulations in our room from the Hotel Manager - Luigi Romaniello. Our breakfast at the Neo was excellent. The spa was so relaxing and beautiful. I even had complimentary makeup before going to dinner. She made me look 10 years younger. They provide limousine service to their customers which made our stay so easy to go to dinner and then dancing. A wonderful hotel - BEAUTIFUL, LUXURIOUS ROOMS. We will definately return and recommend the hotel to anyone!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Congratulations again on your 15th anniversary! And thank you so much for selecting The Mansion to be a part of the occasion. We appreciate you and your feedback.

Regards,

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

I recently stayed at the Mansion on Peachtree Hotel to celebrate my husband's birthday. We have stayed at several Ritz Carlton properties in the states and in the islands. The Mansion at Peachtree fiercly competes with the Ritz's service and quality. Guests are greeted from the time the bell and valet staff open your car door. Check in was quick and efficient and I can't say enought about the rooms! Each room comes equipped with a door bell and electronic "do not disturb" notification which can be seen outside of the room. The room itself as well as the bathroom was spotless!! Turndown service is offered without request and how they know you've left your room I don't know? My husband and I had somewhat late dinner reservations and our room was turned down when we got back with the bathroom refreshed and replenished with new towels.

There were three light settings offered near the bedside as well as on the wall closer to the entry. The three options were Scenes 1, 2, and 3 which basically allowed for dimming with each button. The most unique feature of the room is the flat screen television which is hidden behind/in a picture frame above the desk area and directly across from the bed. The bell person who helped us to the room showed us all the features (lights, bose sound system, bathroom with a TV, etc.) then got to the main television. He picked up a slim remote which had an up and down arrow which raised the inset of the picture to reveal the television. One of the coolest things I've ever seen!

Room service was quick and the food was execellent! Because we had late dinner reservations we ordered the Artisinal Cheese Plate to snack on before dinner. It came with a small salad, grapes, different cheeses, crackers, and 2 different compotes. The delivery time was estimated at about 25 minutes and the arrived in about 15 minutes. When I called, the attendant immediately wished me a happy birthday! I told her it was my husband's birthday but thanked her all the same. When the tray arrived, room service included a nicely decorated cup of white and milk chocolate mousse on top of brownie a happy birthday greeting and a card for my husband. I thought it was a really nice touch!

The hotel also offers complimentary Lexus car service to restaurants/shops within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. When we were ready for dinner we called down a few minutes before and only had to wait about 5-10 minutes for the car. The car is made available on a first come first serve basis but still an accommodating amenity to ofer. It was lovely quick ride to the restuarant and we didn't have to worry about gettting our car from the valet or navigating through traffic.

It was quick overnight trip but very comfortable and relaxing. Again, the service at the Mansion on Peachtree was impeccable! I enjoyed the hotel just as much and I think even more than the Ritz Carltons we've visited and will definitely return when I have another opportunity! Thank you for the wonderful service and helping me celebrate my husband's birthday!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear "Charlotte" NC,

I just want to thank you for the time you took to write such a long and wonderful review. I also appreciate your attention to the details of service that we provide and the way that you described them. I feel that it will be helpful to readers of TripAdvisor reviews of our hotel.

It is such a pleasure to learn from guests about their experiences with us and I always make certain that these reviews are shared with our staff. Your's will be shared at our weekly department meeting on Thursday.

Again, thank you very much and we will look foward to welcoming you back again. It was a pleasure to have you with us on your special occasion!

Key West
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

My partner and I spent two nights at this hotel recently........passing through Atlanta for the weekend to do some shopping. Our flight into Atlanta was cancelled so we arrived on a later flight and arrived at the hotel on a Friday evening around 9:50 pm. The valet was our first employee encounter and I knew right away this was going to be a really nice stay. At check-in the front desk person was very professional and kind knowing we had had a long day. We ask her what time Craft, the hotel restaurant closed - she indicated 10 pm but told us she would call the restaurant to let them know we were on our way and allow us to have dinner - way beyond the call of duty but very much appreciated. The hotel is beautiful and the accomodations are very nice..........a luxury hotel for me is a great bed, quiet room and wonderful staff...........this is a luxury hotel. Getting back to the staff I would like to thank the general manager - he or she has to be European trained in the hotel business..................they have done an incredible job of finding and training a wonderful group of people...................oh.........one other thing ...the hostess in the breakfast restaurant is the sweetest most delightful young lady you will ever encounter.......if you stay here you must have breakfast because if she is on duty............she will make your day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Realizing how tireing and frustrating travel can be, especially when encountering flight delays, I'm so please to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and relaxed. While I am European, I have to say that the staff selection and training is completely a team effort and we are extremely proud of each one of them. Thanks so much for the time you took to create this review. Our staff will certainly enjoy reading it! Come back soon!!!

Columbus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

Let me start by saying that the service here is top notch! From the moment we pulled into the entranceway until the moment we pulled out, we felt like VIPs. This place is all about service. I've never had such wonderful service and attention.

We went here to celebrate my birthday and I must say; they made me feel like a princess. We got an upgraded room, they surprised me with a birthday treat, and everyone seemed as if they loved their jobs.

The rooms looked just like the internet pictures. It was absolutely beautiful. The mini-bar was as expected. However, they did have one item that expired on the same day that we were there. (Not a big deal.)

The location is great, everything is close by, and they also offered to have the town car drive us to any location within a 2 mile radius (and there are plenty of things to do in that two-mile radius).

If you are looking for luxurious elegance, this is the place!

My birthday is in July and my wedding anniversary is in August, and my husband and I have already decided that this is where we are going for our anniversary!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
I am so excited to learn that you will be joining us again to celebrate your anniversary. That is such a special occasion and having the opportunity to share it with you, as we did for your birthday, is something the entire team here at The Mansion enjoys doing so much. Your review of your birthday visit was a joy to read and is being shared with the entire staff. THANK YOU!!! And again, Happy Birthday!

Blythewood, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed there for 4 nights and absolutely loved it. The room was large, luxurious and beautifully appointed. Turn down service every night with complimentary water and ice.

Every member of staff was courteous, friendly, they went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable.

Another part of the hotel service is a house car that will take you and pick you up anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel. Great service, never had to wait long, and very convenient! GREAT JOB PATRICK.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definately be returning.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I enjoy reading all of the reviews posted in TripAdvisor and thank you for your compliments of the hotel and staff. I will make sure that Patrick, our driver, sees your review and your compliments of him.

We will be anxiously awaiting your return and hopefully it will be soon and often.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights and were upgraded to a superior room on arrival, even though we later learned the hotel was fully booked. The room was large, luxurious and beautifully appointed, with an incredibly comfortable, enormous bed and a flat screen TV in the bathroom! Every night when we returned it had been fully turned down with complimentary water provided along with fresh ice in the ice bucket - we travel in America a lot, including Las Vegas, and this level of service (at this price range) is definitely not the norm. Every member of staff we dealt with was courteous, friendly and helpful.

Another perk that my fiance particularly appreciated was the free internet access in the business centre. Usually hotels charge a small fortune (by the minute!) for internet access, and so again this was a nice touch that added to the luxury of the place.

The Mansion is ideally situated in the Buckhead suburb of Atlanta, home to a variety of bars, restaurants and a fantastic shopping mall (5 mins walk from the hotel). Another part of the hotel service is a house car that will take you (and pick you up again) anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel (on a first come, first serve basis). We used this twice - great service, never had to wait long, luxurious and very convenient!

There is also a Marta train station 5 minutes walk the other way which will take you into downtown Atlanta - we used this frequently during our stay and found it to be clean, safe and reliable, though the trains aren't as frequent as you might expect - we sometimes waited 15-20 mins.

We didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on this. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and I really can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Well done Mansion!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Such a pleasure to read your review of The Mansion! We love having our international guests with us and thank you very much for your comments. I'm also pleased that you enjoyed using our lovely Business Center which is complimentary, as you know, and open at all times.

We will look forward to your return visits and thank you again taking the time to submit your wonderful review.