“What a wonderful to celebrate an anniversary!”

Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, IL
“What a wonderful to celebrate an anniversary!”
Reviewed November 9, 2009

This hotel is amazing! The location can not be beat; the restaurants can't be beat - CRAFT is across the driveway and the service is impressive. We were amazed by the size of our room; the hidden television in the picture screen and the staff's willingness to make our trip memorable. Although I'm not a big Atlanta fan; I may have to change my tune if I want to stay at the Mansion!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
duddydarb, Managing Director at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, January 8, 2010
Dear Chicago-Spy,

Read your great review of The Mansion and we're counting on you to come back again soon! Thank you for all the compliments and positive feedback. I enjoy reading each and ever review and particularly appreciate the ones that are as kind as your's .

Best wishes for a wonderful 2010.

Luigi Romaniello, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Wow this is the place to stay in Buckhead! My sister and i have stayed at all the fabulous hotels in town thru the years and this is hands down our favorite! We will be staying at this wonderful boutique hotel again next week and i will let you know if the second time was even better!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank ssb2510
Dear Guest from Knoxville,

Really enjoyed your feedback and especially knowing that you would be returning again soon. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of your company many times in 2010. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to enhance your future stays and thank you for your review.

USA
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We booked this hotel for our anniversary. Simply put, the hotel delivers what it promises. It met our expectations, for this special weekend. The room was extremely comfortable, high-tech and clean. The staff was efficient and greeted us by name each time. They also surprised us with an anniversary desert in our room, upon returning from shopping. Breakfast at Neo was delicious, and Craft Bar was top notch.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear gincog,

Just finished reading your review of The Mansion and wanted to take time to thank you for your input and compliments. I read every review and share them with the staff each week at our staff meeting. We appreciate your support and will look forward to having you back again soon.

Potomac, Md
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Stayed at the Mansion for two nights the weekend of Oct 16-18. We travel frequently and stay in only luxury hotels and found that our experience exceeded our expectations. We had stayed at the new St Regis just a month prior, also a beautiful hotel with gorgeous rooms. But, found the Mansion to have a warmer, less formal feel. The staff at the Mansion was professional yet very warm and friendly. The rooms were beautiful, well appointed, muted tones with splashes of color, very comfortable beds, high quality linens and featherbed. The flat screen tv posed as a painting , the Bose radio, the wood finishes were beautiful. The bathrooms were large, had a mixture of limestone and dark marble, a separate shower, quality fixtures, sconces, all very luxurious. Even the hotel hallways were gracious done in tones of gray and cream. We had breakfast at Neo both mornings. The restaurant is beautiful, the staff inviting and wait staff helpful and friendly. However, the food was not good; even the fruit on the fruit plate was not fresh. The presentation of the food bespoke a prep chef in the kitchen was trained at the local diner. That would be the weak link in this review although there are many great restaurants in the Buckhead area. (We had lunch at Craftbar on another visit, that was excellent.) All in all, we would definitely return to this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Dear Pianorlh,

Your indepth review of The Mansion was a genuine pleasure to read. I do, however, want to sincerely apologize for the issues you had with the breakfast in NEO and assure you that this was an isolated situation. Please try NEO again when you return and let us know if you do not find an improvement.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we will look forward to your return very soon.

Southborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I stayed here twice this past summer. Once for business, and once for a few nights during a vacation with my husband.

Rooms: The rooms are fabulous. Comfortable beds, air conditioning that works (and does so quietly), plenty of outlets, and most importantly - spotlessly clean! After my first stay, I reported back to my travel agent that I thought it was unusual that the rooms did not have coffee makers, especially since one of their sister properties has Nespresso machines in every room. Imagine my surprise when I arrived in my room for my second stay and there was a Nespresso machine! Kudos to my travel agent and to the wonderful staff at the hotel for providing me with my favorite (and much needed) morning coffee!

Food: Our rate included breakfast, which we ate at NEO every morning. The food was great, but the space is so quiet in the morning that it often felt uncomfortable to have more than a whispered conversation. We also went to The Mansion Bar several times and they have great specialty cocktails, and of course, great service.

Spa: We went to the spa for a couple's massage and it was amazing. This is my new favorite spa! The quality of the treatment was excellent, the spa areas were spacious and clean, and they provided us with a glass of Mondavi wine. Delicious!

Overall: We loved this hotel for the amazing service, beautiful spaces, and excellent spa. We would recommend it to both business and leisure travelers. We hope to return again soon! Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Dear Metadata,

What a great review of The Mansion! You took the time to break out the areas you visited and review each of them....great feedback! And yes, we always note special requests in our guest's profiles and refer to them in future viists. So glad you enjoyed your morning coffee in your room!

Please continue to return and do not hesitate to let our staff know what we can do to enhance your stay.

Warm regards,

Huntsville, AL
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We stayed here for a short weekend getaway to Atlanta combined with the Petit Lemans at Road Atlanta. We were able to get a very reasonable weekend rate at this hotel given it's class. The location was excellent for the three wived who decided to shop rather than attend the race because of bad weather. Every employee was most friendly, and many learned our names while we were there. We ate breakfast at Neo both mornings and the food was excellent, service excellent, and price very reasonable. The bar is very nice and was hopping when we got back from dinner at 11:30 pm at Bacchanalia(Atlanta's best). We wanted a SUV type taxi for dinner so all six could go together. The doormen told us what time to be st the door and the taxi was there waiting for us. (The taxi came back to brings us back on 15 minutes notice after dinner). The rooms are gorgeous and, in my mind, much nicer than the st. Regis in Houston that I stayed at in July. We ate at CraftBar (across the motorcourt) from the hotel (walked over by several bellman with umbrellas due to the rain). It was good, not great, and was somewhat over-priced. I must say it was a great weekend stay and we will most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear DaveHuntsville,

I enjoyed reading your feedback on your visit to The Mansion. We find so often that the wives love to stay with us because of the close proximity to the most fabulous shopping in Atlanta and the South. I see that your's was no exception!

So glad to know that you will be returning and please do not hesitate to let us know what we can to to make your visits even more special.

Thank you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 11, 2009

The Mansion on Peachtree is located in Buckhead, which is located about 6 minutes outside of downtown. While a problem for some, we rented a car upon arrival and traveling around was easy, and enjoyable based on all of the amenities that the Buckhead area has to offer. The mansion was impeccable. The bell staff were super friendly, they remembered our names throughout the trip, knew why we were there (for college visits) and continuously asked about the colleges I was interested in. Our virtuoso rate gave us an upgrade to a premier room, breakfast daily, and a $75 food credit. While I was disappointed that the food credit couldn't be used at craft (which I expected since the Mansion's website poses it as an on-site dining option). The room was homey, with a spacious marble bathroom, a super comfortable bed, and a nice sitting area with ample closet and storage space. I was EXTREMELY MAD that we had to pay for internet access, that was the most outrageous thing I've ever heard of, especially from a luxury hotel...not acceptable (although it was wireless, which we did not have in my previous two reviews).

Breakfast at the Mansion was a mixed bag. They have freshly squeezed Green Apple juice (and by fresh I mean they squeeze to order) that was quite honestly the best juice I have ever had (we have since gone and purchased a juicer). Breakfast presentation was amazing, but the food is not good. On the weekends if you do not have room service, the only breakfast option is their buffet, which is cold, hard, and nasty....they need to re-think that one.

We did dine at craft and I highly recommend it. While I think that the dress code is a little too much for the atmosphere, the prices are fair and the food was amazing. The basil ice cream is an absolute MUST!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Atlanta area. It's supreme location and great staff, along with amazing appointed rooms make it one of the premier Atlanta hotels.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
duddydarb, Managing Director at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, September 15, 2009
Thank you very much for your comments. I was pleased that you enjoyed your visit with the exception of the breakfast buffet.

I want to be sure to clarify that we served the buffet breakfast for the first and only time the weekend you were here because the hotel was full with guests attending the afternoon college football game. We felt that it was much more expedient for guests to have a choice of a buffet or an ala carte menu so they could leave for the afternoon football game early. We serve breakfast in NEO seven days a week and I hope that when you return you will be sure to enjoy breakfast with us in NEO.

Thank you for reviewing the hotel and for your compliments of the staff and the accommodations. We look forward to your return to The Mansion on Peachtree.