“Quietly elegant hotel in a great area”

Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #4 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental Atlanta is a deservedly 5 star hotel located in the Buckhead section of Atlanta close to restaurants and shopping and a short 20-30 min drive from the airport. The hotel driveway and courtyard are shared with a Del Frisco's Steakhouse and can get crowded in the evenings. Subtle elegance is the theme from the lobby and lounge decor to the exceptionally trained staff who are helpful and gracious.

The room was spacious with very well thought out lighting, large windows and space to work and relax. Finishes were all excellent and very well maintained. The bed and linens were comfortable as well. There was an outlet near the bed, but not one on the desk itself to facilitate plugging in a laptop or cell phone. Hallway noise was not discernible from the bed, but could be mildly heard at the desk.

The bath was spacious and well laid out with a soaking tub that had a TV mounted over it as well as a comfortably shower with nice fixtures.

Room service was prompt and while expensive the prices were in range with room service at most quality hotels. Staff person delivering the food polite and prompt as well.

If you are visiting Atlanta and looking for elegant accommodations, the Mandarin Oriental will clearly fit the bill.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have a nice few of the city
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank joylama
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your warm compliments. Your feedback is very much appreciated and helps us to continue maintaining our efforts to offer you an exceptional stay.We strive to provide our guests with an elegant and luxurious experience and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta. We hope to have the pleasure of having you back soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night over Thanksgiving weekend. The property is very elegant. Friendly staff and easy check-in process. I've stayed at many high-end Atlanta hotels over the years and found the Mandarin to be at the top of the list in terms of location and overall quality. Feels like a boutique hotel, which I love. My double bedded room was huge (over 500 sq feet) and very well appointed. Beautiful large bathroom with t.v. Large high definition t.v. in sleeping area. My room felt like a sophisticated big city apartment. No noise problems during my stay. Nice clean gym. In-door pool. Walking distance to both Lenox and Phipps malls. Walking distance to many food spots. Very enjoyable stay. My only concern was that my bed felt a little hard. Nice linens on it but I believe a Mandarin bed should be a little softer and more plush. Valet parking only. Wish there was a self-parking option. Lovely property in Buckhead.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ATM72
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

I really enjoyed reading your observations and can not thank you enough for sharing such a pleasant review. We are always graciously happy to hear of our guest's great experiences. We hope that we will have the pleasure to have you back soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Terrific rooms, crazy large bathrooms and shower, very comfortable bed, ample desk area for work, excellent hotel overall. Easy access to business district and plenty of nice restaurants nearby. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Alverstone5

Thank you very much for such a fantastic review. We truly appreciate your time for sharing your thoughts and are looking forwarding to having you back here at the Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I'm in Atlanta for an early morning meeting.
I am sure to be finished before checkout.
I ask for a late checkout, just to be safe.
Without any hesitation late checkiout is arranged.
Then the short meeting goes long----
I get back to the Hotel and find only smiling faces and offers of assistance.
The team at this Hotel is GREAT. It is all about service.
What a joy!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Billlake
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

It's our genuine pleasure to accommodate your request! Meetings can be unpredictable and situations unforeseen, but service should not be. We strive to maintain a consistant level of service as to always meet your expectations. We graciously thank you for your compliments and are excited to welcome you back to the Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta very soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We live in Atlanta, just north of the city and took our daughter here for a one day pool/Pink Pig celebration. Everything was great. The feeling in the hotel is amazing. We felt like we owned to entire hotel and were the only ones there.

My daughter is six and loved every minute, especially the lunch served by the pool. Nice touch!

The location, within walking distance of everything is a plus too. Don't miss this gem.

Great job.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KGSGo

Parent tested, kid approved! I truly enjoyed reading your feedback and am especially delighted to hear your daughter enjoyed her visit. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience and we here at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your family back!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was about to type "Best Hotel in Atlanta" as my title when I saw it has been taken. Well, it's the perfect title so I'll just add an additional version. I've also stayed at Atlanta's "best" and the Mandarin Oriental takes the lead by a long mile. The service is unmatched by any hotel or restaurant in the city and rivals the best in other large cities. My friend and I were so accommodated by the woman who checked us in and helped us figure out a fantastic room upgrade that did not break the bank. Our server at the hotel's cafe where we had lunch was just excellent as were the valets and bellman.

Our suite was breathtaking - over 1,000 square feet - with two balconies and gorgeous light fixtures and amenities. We were perplexed but the lack of places to hang a robe or a towel, but that was more humorous than annoying.

The spa is by far the best in the city. You would have to drive to Reynolds Plantation to find any better. I'm personally over sensitive to fragrances and the gorgeous purple orchids that were everywhere had me sneezing the rest of the day but note-to-self, I'll take a benedryl before I go next time because I would never miss their spa experience on a future stay.

Del Frisco's is across from the hotel entrance and a fun and swank place. We had a great experience and there are many other great options just a 5 minute walk from the Mandarin.

I can't recommend this hotel more.

Room Tip: If you are going to spend any time in the room, talk to the person checking you in about an upgrade...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Susan T

Your kindness and warm words of compliment for our hotel are graciously received. We value your comments and are always grateful when our guest take the time to write reviews, especially ones as delightful as these! Kindly alert us of your allergies during your next visit; we are happy to accommodate as best we can. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've stayed at the Ritz, Four Seasons, St. Regis and InterContinental. This is the best by far. The hotel is not too big so you still get the friendly staff and famous MO personal service treatment, which does not always translate well in the U.S., e.g., Mandarin-Oriental DC. The hotel restaurant is great. Conveniently located to good shopping. Feels like a boutique hotel, but with all the amenities of a 5-star hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Frank d

Your review of our hotel is wonderful! Many thanks for the delightful comments and especially for taking the time to acknowledge our efforts to maintain exceptional levels of service. We look forward to having you back at the Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta soon!