“Wonderful Gem”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia
“Wonderful Gem”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I chose this hotel for our business meeting, based on the perks that were offered, and telling you, NO ONE was disappointed (and that is hard to say for this group)! It is a small hotel, which means you get more personalized service. The staff was absolutely wonderful and cheerful. They have many style rooms to choose from, our ranged from Premium King to Balcony Room, to Double Balcony Suite. (Yes, I was shocked, a high-rise hotel could have balconies)! I had the Balcony Room, and I utilized that balcony every night! While the sights & sounds were not great as I was facing the main street, it was still relaxing and fun to watch the people, the sunset, and the lit-up skyline. Once inside your room, it appears sound-proof; not one noise from the outside is heard (both in the hallway, and outside street noise). Bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom large with a large soaking tub which I really wanted to try, but never had time and a TV :). Room service food was very good. The meeting went off flawlessly, and the banquet food was YUM (especially the sushi!)! We were always being checked on from the banquet staff, to IT staff, to sales staff and the catering manager, so if anything was wrong or needed, it was taken care of pronto. Only part of my stay that was disappointing was the spa. I had both a facial, and a massage. While the facial was very relaxing, my massage left me up-tight, just was never able to get that totally relaxed feeling from the massage person. They do have a wonderful sauna, steamroom, and whirlpool to further relax and detoxify after your spa session. Oh, and the weight room is large and ample for a small daily workout.

Bottom line is YES, stay here if you are looking to feeling special and pampered in the hustle-bustle of Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
It was especially rewarding for us to read your review since you were here with a business group. The Mansion is such a perfect place for small conferences, meetings and social events and we truly love having our business travelers with us. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future, either as part of a group or on your own personal visit.

Regards,

Sandra Finlay, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We made it to the Mansion on Peachtree and was greeted by an extremely hospitable group of hard working staff members that made us feel very welcome. We stayed for one night and enjoyed the Romance Package with a Premiere Balcony Room. We both enjoyed every minute of our stay, from the great view of the city, the soaking tub with a view, to the southern hospitality from the entire staff! The the eggs benedict I ate for breakfast was the best i've ever had! We will definitely be staying at the Mansion when we go back to visit Atlanta again. Thanks Patrick for being a great chauffeur Bone's Steak house rocked! And thank you Nick for being so genuinely nice! People this place is one of a kind!

Room Tip: Ask and you shall receive!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Your review is so much appreciated and we will be sure that Patrick and the kitchen staff see your compliments of them. It was such a pleasure to be a part of your special visit and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2011

My home way from home. This is a beautiful hotel which serves as a visual delight. The rooms are amazing and the spa is incredible. I want to comment on the staff, particularly Jeremy, Helen and Madeline. They went out of their way to make me feel warmly welcomed and supported me in every detail of my staff. Truly a 5 Star hotel. I highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you, thank you! There is nothing more rewarding to all of us at The Mansion than to have our guests continue to return. We value you and appreciate you sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I recently spent an afternoon at the spa. I got a swedish massage and it was probably the worst massages I have ever gotten. For a price of 115, I would expect a very good massage therapist. Instead, she rushed through the entire thing and it basically felt like she was rubbing oil on my skin. There was NO massage technique at all. After I got done with the massage, I felt no more relaxed and that I wasted my money. I was in utter shock that I could actually get this bad of a massage at such a nice spa. The ONLY thing that made up for it was the ability to use the whirlpool, sauna and steam room. I would NEVER go back there and will be telling all of my friends to go someplace else for a massage.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank atluncgirl
haleyville
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Loved this place! Only complaint was housekeeping didn't make it to our room the first day. We called and they sent someone up.I have also stayed at the St. Regis and they are both top notch!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of The Mansion. I must, however, profusely apologize for the lack of service you experienced from our housekeeping department and assure you that this was a rare circumstance. I am researching it with our director of housekeeping to determine what may have occurred and want to again apologize. I feel better, however, knowing that you were so pleased with your visit and hope that you will continue to return often.

Again, thank you for staying at The Mansion.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I don't usually write reviews as I'm too lazy and rely on everyone else. Ironically I hadn't checked TripAdvisor before coming to this magnificent hotel only to find it's #1. Rightly so. The service is impeccable, the room luxurious, and the ambience is delightful. However, I guess it's the people that really makes an impact and I do hope the staff are rewarded by the hotel's management both financially and otherwise for their enthusiasm and kindness. And of course, congratulations to management for running a superb hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Fletch43
Thank you so much for your delightful review. We are so proud of our team and we always make certain that they are aware of the compliments that come in consistently about them and their outstanding service. It is a pleasure to work with them and we all love making every guest feel special. Please return again soon and often and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor.

Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2011

From the time we got out of our car, my husband and I were swept away by the graciousness of the hotel staff and the opulence of the hotel itself. The staff were welcoming and eager to please; it was good to see that everyone who walked through the door was treated like a VIP.

Our favorite part of our stay was the Romance Package which we requested for our 11th anniversary. The package came with a bottle of bubbly and tasty treats, a rose petal turndown which included candles and matches, plus valet parking and breakfast (which we enjoyed in our hotel room).

For the rose petal turndown, the housekeeper turned our room into something reminisce of a movie scene with a heart made out of rose petals on the bed, a floor covered with rose petals, and two candles on both sides of the luxurious bed. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I am still speechless!

Our second night in the hotel was just as lovely, and I still haven’t even talked about the beautiful indoor pool and the magnificent Spa 29 which just screams of indulgence. My husband also totally enjoyed himself in the high tech fitness center. The hotel was so warm and comfortable, and our favorite requirement for a couple’s getaway – serene.

We did not hear anyone else in the hotel except for the room service staff and housekeeping when they rang our doorbell (so much better than the harsh knocking of other hotels). We hated to leave the paradise of the Mansion on Peachtree, and we’re already making plans for a return visit on my birthday.

2 Thank Tripre
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
We truly love that you enjoyed your visit and the Romance Package so much. Having you return on your birthday will be wonderful and we look forward eagerly to welcoming you and your husband back again.

Best wishes,