“delightful”

GreenLeadersBronze level
italy
“delightful”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

A peaceful corner in a brand new area of the city. The hotel is settled in a side street of the wide Peachtree road in Atlanta, so there is no noise coming from the street. The welcome and the entire staff are very friendly and helpful also for restaurant reservations. Good valet service. We stayed in the suite (the room that appears often in the hotel pics) and it is incredibly huge with a marble bath that is a room by itself with shower and bathtub and a separate wc area. There are a lot of amenities and a tv service from which you can choos plenty of programmes. Also the bed is very confortable, high and wide..maybe the widest I've seen in my life.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank micius
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
We appreciate your delightful review of our hotel and look forward so much to your return. Please come soon and often!

Sandra Finlay, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Starting from its architecture, garden, rooms, amenities and service everything was perfect. Barring some great hotels in Asia, I have never been to such a good hotel in US. Room was very nice, big, airy and had nice views. It had all facilities required for a business person as well as families. Service was excellent, thanks to staff who keeps their guest's requirements in mind. One of the best break-fast I had in US. Though menu is with limited choices for a vegetarian, taste was great. Location was perfect, near to two good shopping malls, and a railway station. Did not had a chance to use the station, but seems very near, you can safely drag your luggage is you need to use train. Traffic sometimes is bad, and this may be a preferred choice sometimes...good restaurants nearby if you feel like having a good meal outside. They have a unique service, to serve coffee at cafe, rather than in your room..It will be a good idea (for my next visit) to take my cup in the room, relax and read a good book...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank KDMumbai
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear "Grande",

We so much enjoyed your review of The Mansion on Peachtree. Coming from a world traveler, your comments were very interesting and important to us. You mentioned the traffic and by way of explanation, there is a major renovation and re-inventing of Buckhead (where we are located) that is under way and the portion in front of our hotel should be completed next year. This will totally correct the traffic issue you mentioned. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. We will be very excited to welcome you back and hope that it will be soon.

Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed June 7, 2011

From the moment we pulled up to the moment we checked out we were made to feel special. We were greeted immediately, our luggage collected, escorted to the desk for check-in & then taken upstairs to the most beautiful room. We were celebrating my guy's birthday & each day I had surprises lined up for him. Many of the staff would ask each time they saw us what we had planned & I would smile & tell them it was a surprise. On our return it was never unusual for 2 or 3 to ask what we did. The hotel delievered a Birthday cupcake and note the first night. While all employees were wonderful, I would like to especially thank Kimberly Williams for our amazing room. We are spoiled now! I would also like to give a special mention to Anne from Concierge & Cortez from Bell Services. Thank you for making us feel so special. We hope to be able to stay at The Mansion again.

Room Tip: Rooms with the private balcony are amazing.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed May 23, 2011

My wife and I traveled to Atlanta to see Paul Simon at Chastain Park for her birthday. We chose The Mansion because of location and reviews on TA. We were not disappointed! We were treated as if we were the most important guests at the hotel from the moment we got out of our car until the moment we left. The staff could not be more friendly or attentive. Since I had included we were traveling to celebrate my wife's birthday, the manager (no less) sent us a very nice card and a delicious little cake. The hotel itself is the definition of luxury - dimming lights, automated curtains/shades, linens, the english garden...everything! The bar staff (Thank you for introducing us to "The Demise of Violet Beauregard"!) were also great. The hotel is located in Buckhead which one can find most anything to stay busy from fine dining to shopping at nearby Lenox Mall. We would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a close by escape. We will be returning ASAP!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EagerToTravel1181
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor and please extend a very Happy Birthday wish once again to your wife. We look forward to your return.

Virginia
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at The Mansion on Peachtree for the week of May 15th through May 20th. This reason for my stay was a business trip with Porsche. I sincerely hope this feedback reaches any traveler and the great customer service that was provided to me.

It started from the moment I arrived at your hotel and the valet opened my car door with a smile and asked if I had any bags that he could retrieve for me. After he unloaded my bags from the car, I approached the front doors and was greeted with another smile and a warm welcome from the doorman. I was provided directions to the front desk for check in without even asking. Each and every member of the front desk staff was very polite and professional as expected. I was checked in with no issues and in a very quick, but easy manner. I passed several employees in the hallway on the way to my room and was once again greeted with a welcome and a smile. Some even asked how I was doing and if I needed anything.

I enjoyed the breakfast every morning and had the same consistant service everyday. Always welcomed by the staff and I was also provided information about the various menu items and beverages each day. The food was always prepared quickly and delivered with a smile. My beverages were refilled without requesting and I was asked by each employee if everything was alright and prepared to my satisfaction.

We had lunch everyday at the hotel. This was provided by the banquet staff and never was there a disappointment at any time. The staff there as well was always polite and friendly as expected. Organized and worked as a team through every detail.

There is one employee that shined above the others during my visit. I want to provide some very positive feedback in regards to Callie Gillespie. On several occasions she interacted with me on a very friendly and professional manner as well as a humorous and comfortable conversation to make sure I was happy and in a great mood. Callie was genuinely concerned about my stay making sure everything exceeded my expectations. I asked Callie each night for a place to eat depending on the cuisine that I wanted because she is a local native. Ms. Gillespie offered me several choices everynight, and even gave me the reasons why she selected each place without me asking. Even without asking she also provided me menus to these places so I could review them before hand. Three to four places everynight and never did she seem inconvenienced at any moment. I got to know her on a personal level and found out she was in the restuarant business, so I never questioned her advice. This just overwhlemed be beyond belief that she would take the time to do this. I have stayed in many 4 star and several high end luxury hotels from California to Boston, Michigan to Florida. I have never experienced the level of detail, customer service and professionalism as I received here. I can say that because of Ms. Gillespie's service the next time I am in Atlanta for any reason, there is only one hotel that will be receiving my business and that is the Mansion on Peachtree.

I am in the customer service business as well for the luxury car manufacturer Porsche. Receiving great customer service is what I expect at places of this level. However the personable attention that I received was more than expected and lacking by many competitors.

The next time I am in Atlanta for business or pleasure, The Mansion on Peachtree is the only hotel I will consider.

Room Tip: Be polite and respectful
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank scott b
ManagerRosewood, Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I have read it to the staff in our weekly staff meeting and we will be recognizing Callie especially for the outstanding job she did and continues to do for our guests. We look forward so much to your return and again, thank you for the tme you took to share such a wonderful response with TripAdvisor.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I have stayed at The Mansion on Peachtree over 10 times in the last 3 years and I have to say that I am no longer impressed. This last stay was one I will not forget. When I first came to The Mansion it was a home away from home and felt like I was returning to friends each time. This last stay I arrived to find that the best manager you had is no longer there, the restaurant I loved is gone and has been gone for almost 6 months (Are you going to get a new one- big issue) also the one that is there, is understaffed, undertrained, and of poor quality. At a "5star restaurant, I had to sit myself!! There are several employees whom I enjoyed seeing but for the most part the entire hotel felt unhappy to be there. Long story short, it seemed if they did not enjoy their job. I do not know if this is a lack of leadership from above but it will result in me finding and new Atl hotel. I also heard that a lot of the great staff here has moved to the St. Regis, maybe ill give them a try!!

• Stayed May 2011
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Upon reading your comments on your recent visit to The Mansion on Peachtree, it concerns me that your feedback is so contrary to the other commmetns we consistently receive from our guests. I would very much like to discuss this with you over the telephone in an effort to gain a better understanding of your observations. Your concerns are definitely our concerns and I hope to be able to identify them in more detail by way of conversation. Please call me at 404-995-7532 whenever it is convenient for you. Thank you very much for your input.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Mansion on Peachtree on our wedding night. Everything about this place was top quality, the perfect setting for such a wonderful night. I didn't know that we would be staying there, as my husband had led me to think we were staying somewhere else and surprised me by pulling up at the Mansion. The staff greeted us with a smile, and even offered several congratulations, as I was still in my wedding dress. Upon entering the room, there were rose petals scattered on the floor and the bed and throughout the suite, candles lit everywhere, as well as chocolates and champagne. I felt like I was dreaming. My husband had asked for these things to be arranged and he was happy to see that everything worked out perfectly. The room was spacious and luxurious, and the bed was so amazingly soft! Best sleep ever. I loved the spacious bathroom with its jacuzzi tub and large tile shower. We had a balcony suite and it was so nice to look out over the city. The spa area was so relaxing, and the staff were all so welcoming. We ate breakfast the next morning at Craft, a restaurant at the hotel, where I had the best french toast I've ever tasted! The Mansion at Peachtree made our wedding night unforgettable! We can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
It was such a delightful pleasure to be a part of your very special occasion. Knowing how much it meant to you and how well we were able to execute the details, makes our jobs so worthwhile and rewarding.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor.

Sandra Finlay, Managing Director