“Drink up”

Ranked #15 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in World of Coca-Cola, the one and only place you can explore the story of the world's most popular beverage brand. It's a place where anyone can experience moments of happiness and wonder. At World of Coca-Cola, inspiration is around every corner - from the vault where we secure our secret formula, to world-class art and memorabilia to more than 100 beverages to taste from around the world. With opportunities to meet the Coca-Cola Polar Bear, take a VIP Guided Tour - and more - it's no wonder that the World of Coke is a must-see among the top things to do in Atlanta, Georgia.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 21, 2010

World of Coca-Cola is a museum about the history and development of Coke. Both the introductory and 4D movies seemed more like glorified Coke commercials than a story. The bottle works display is cool - it is a factory with the bottling lines and robotic arms and I was fortunate to see the filling of the bottles. These bottles you see here are available for you to take as a free souvenir.

My favorite is the tasting room where you sample Coca-Cola drinks from all over the world - many of which are not sold in the United States. I wanted to limit my soda consumption so I only sampled drinks from other continents, skipping the drinks in North America section since I have had them elsewhere already.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,187)

Reviewed April 18, 2010

on 4-15-10 we went to the "ATTRACTION". i am 61 yrs. old and love old stuff. it was interesting, and i enjoyed it but the other 4 people were barely engaged. it was a $5 (if that) value for $13. $61 for $1 worth of soda and a 1-2 hr commercial. take my advice and PASS!!!!!!!!.

Reviewed April 15, 2010

This is a fun tour-not too long for kids and plentyof info adults-very visual and the tasting room at the end of the mostly-self-guided tour is arranged so that even large crowds can be accomodated without having to wait in a line to sample any or all of the various 64 (I believe) offerings on tap.

definitely do it! located about a 2-min walk without even having to cross a street from the aquarium. It is a timed-entry thing, but we went on a weekday morning after the aquarium and had no trouble or wait.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

I visited the World of Coca-Cola on April 2, 2010. I did the guided tour for 25 dollars. "SAVE YOUR MONEY" It is not worth the extrra 10 dollars just do the self guide 15 dollar tour. The only diffenence is some more facts by a tour guide through a set of head phones. The extra gift that you get is a second bottle of coke with a different wrap on the bottle and you get 20% off any merchadise you may want to by out of the giftshop. The place itself is a good attraction to learn about coke. The shows were a nice touch and the tasting were fun. Watch out some of the soda is awful. I will stick with American brands.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

My husband, myself and our 11 and 14 year-old daughters bought Piedmont Place passes which included this and this Aquarium making this attraction a little more economical. I was not very impressed but my kids loved it. Our "tour guide" was freakishly cheerful so fortunately she disappeared after the first 15 minutes or so. After the guide's introduction, there's a brief film that makes absolutely no sense and includes a blimp-like creature with nipple rings....really weird. There's also a 4-D movie and if you've never been to one it's an interesting experience but sit in the non-moving sits unless you're willing to be jolted back and forth every 10 seconds. I thought some of the exhibits of old Coke memorabilia were interesting so was the little bottling factory but unfortunately they weren't bottling when we were there so it was hard to figure out how it actually worked. I would give this a 3 but my kids would give it a 5 so I averaged the rating.

2  Thank Jeppie85