“Moderately fun, but not long-lasting appeal”
Review of World of Coca-Cola

Ranked #15 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in World of Coca-Cola, the one and only place you can explore the story of the world's most popular beverage brand. It's a place where anyone can experience moments of happiness and wonder. At World of Coca-Cola, inspiration is around every corner - from the vault where we secure our secret formula, to world-class art and memorabilia to more than 100 beverages to taste from around the world. With opportunities to meet the Coca-Cola Polar Bear, take a VIP Guided Tour - and more - it's no wonder that the World of Coke is a must-see among the top things to do in Atlanta, Georgia.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My wife and I visited WOC in Dec 2011 on a family trip to Atlanta. I had visited the old WOC in 1999 and I remember it was less self-guided than its successor. The new WOC is only led by a tour guide for approxiamtely the first ten minutes and then you are on your own to explore. Unfortunately, the exhibits to explore are not uniquely engaging.

There is The Vault, which tells the tale of how the Coke formula was hidden and protected and copied, then finally they show you a vault. Obviously, the claim is that the formula is located in that vault - whether it is or isn't, who cares to see a metal vault?

You can walk through a mock bottling plant, but I dont think it was running when we walked through because it didn't seem like anything was happening.

There was a 4D movie about discovering the secret formula, which turned out to be YOU! So, basically, more Coke propaganda.

We were really looking forward to the exhibit on the collection of old Coke commercials, but very few were familiar (and we watched a lot of TV in the 80s and 90s!) and so even this was not truly gripping.

The most fun thing, of course, was the area for tasting the various products from around the world. Fortunately, we sampled about half early on in our visit and then the rest later on. Drinking all that soda can be rough on the gastro system! However, we thoroughly enjoyed the tasting.

We arrived around 10AM on a Friday and found the museum to be quite empty for the first half hour. We had no line for ticket or entry...but by the time we left around 1 PM, the line both for tickets and admission was HUGE!!! So - arrive early if possible!

My wife enjoyed the visit more than I did, so I guess is that your proclivity towards Coke and nostalgia will drive your enjoyment from the new World of Coke.

Tip: Get in early and see the Vault right away. Then go upstairs and drink some soda. Next, see the 4D movie. By now, the crowds are arriving but you have seen the most popular things already. Now stroll through the artsy exhibits, watch the commercials, then drink some more soda! You will have a great time and see everything with minimal waiting.

There are newer reviews for World of Coca-Cola

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I would go back with family and with friends who had not seen the display.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

This is a very interesting though busy, touristy place. My husband said it was all marketing/advertising, but I enjoyed it much more than Stone Mountain. I found the Milestones area and the bottling area to be the most enjoyable. The Vault was no fun. They're trying to create an experience but do not succeed. If you're claustrophobic, you may wish to skip this area. Upstairs was so-so. My husband and I liked the Perfect Pauses theater where they showed a lot of old Coca Cola advertising. Note that in the tasting area, only sodas are offered for sampling. None of the waters, juices or more healthy products are offered. After about three or four samples, everything starts to taste the same - sugar water.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Our family enjoyed this visit, but it was nothing to write home about. Not sure it was worth the ticket price. It was ridiculously crowded. We did not get to see the vault due to huge line and our access to it was cut off by cordons after we finished viewing a couple videos upstairs and tried to go back downstairs to catch back up to it..

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We have been to the World of Coca Cola twice. Both times were great experiences. This is a great place to take children. There is coke memorabilia and history throughout. One room shows a time line of coke products. Another room shows a movie about the history of coke. There are different interactive stations. But, the best room is the tasting room. They have self serve coke machines from around the world. You can try coke products from Japan, Africa, Germany, Switzerland, South America, and more. This is covered in the cost of admission. It's really cool to see the difference in tastes from one region of the world to the next. Definitely worth coming to.