New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #320 of 3,839 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Perimeter Center
Cross street: Ashford Crossing
Transit: Marta
Description: Fleming's Atlanta, GA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in the GA perimeter in Dunwoody across from the Perimeter Mall, close to Sandy Springs.
Jefferson, Georgia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We did not have a reservation but enjoyed sitting on the patio and getting service from the bartenders. Their "before 7" drink list allowed me to try some interesting drinks at discounted prices. The hostess and server were very polite and involved, and my husband and I enjoyed amazing steaks, garlic peppercorn potatoes, and blueberry cheesecake for dessert. We were celebrating our anniversary and Fleming's gave us truffles and a gift card to come back. It was outstanding!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Katy K

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Wine and Food, Atmosphere Clubby vs. Upscale Steakhouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I made my first visit to Fleming's Steakhouse and walked in the restaurant is nicely decorated, lighting perfect, but I sit down at the bar and the music sounds like you are at Applebee's or something similar. It breaks the mood of an upscale (prices at least) steakhouse. I asked about the music and they said they want to gear the restaurant to a younger crowd. Well, they sure have. There are plenty of very good to excellent steakhouses in the area, such as the Capital Grille (across the street) and McKendrick's. I ate at the bar and the service was good, and I enjoyed the wine selections. I ordered the caesar salad, which was mediocre. The bread was a definite pass. I ordered the Filet Mignon medium rare and it was perfectly cooked and seasoned. For my side I ordered spinach and it was very good. However, with the annoying music I decided that for the prices and meal, I will be returning to my favorites Bone's and Capital Grille, call me old fashion but there are some main requirements of an upscale and that is the right ambience. Fleming's strategy hopefully will work for them. If you are in the area it is fine, but you have better options available.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great service mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Went to Fleming's for a special occasion dinner recently. The people at the restaurant could not have been nicer or attentive. The atmosphere is old steak house and not very exciting.
The menu is steak driven so do not consider coming here unless you are in the mood for red meat.
The prices at Fleming's are steep as you order everything individually; salad, entree, vegetables, etc.
The meals are served well but the steaks are not worth the costs. My wife ordered a filet medium and it came out medium well and not very hot. I ordered a rib eye medium and mine was medium rare closer to rare. My wife's filet was very dry and the flavors were mediocre. My rib eye was fatty.
Desert of Creme Brulee was not good at all. the custard was not creamy and had a bad consistency. This should be served warm but this comes out room temperature.
We will not return to Fleming's as the costs are premium but the quality of the food is wholesale.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Meredith, New Hampshire
“Wanted to ignore that it was a chain...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went here on a first date. Ordered well - steaks, lobster, sides, wine, appetizers - and still were rushed out at closing time. The rushing out almost made us forget about how poorly one of the steaks was cooked...both the first time it was delivered and when it was brought back "better." Later, in a different city, we steered clear of Flemings because of our experience at this location.

Visited March 2013
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Fleming's. I've past it several times and decided to go with family and it was absolutely great. The pork chops and chicken both are to die for. The potatoes were great and for dessert you have to try to cake with the ice cream. It's not just cake and ice cream. I forget what they call it but it was soooo goood.

Overall this is an excellent choice and the service is to die for. I'm in love.

• Visited February 2013