“the best!”
Review of Molino del Santo

Molino del Santo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Benaojan
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is far most the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Nice rooms, staff and owners are very friendly; I felt immediately at home and we had a great time. Lot's of space where you can relax, inside and outside - swimming pool, resting area, terraces.. And on top they have a fantastic cook !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

brilliant, brilliant all round, rooms delightful, clean and comfortable
food absolutly yummy!! thank you Gordon!!!
and staff fantastic, headed by wonderful Pauline & Andy the owners (who couldnt do enough to make our stay even better!!)
Carmen on reception, and Inma in the dinding room, need specail mention
if you are off to Ronda, stay here, much prettier than the Parador and much better all round!
Ruth & Kathy June 2013

Room Tip: Room 3 was deliughtful!
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have now visited this mountainous Restaurant and it gets better every time, from the greeting when you arrive to the very prompt service of the staff all excellent, but above all being a restaurant as well as a hotel, the quality of the food was indeed first class, this time we were a party of 10 and I cannot praise enough this superb restaurant. We have not stayed at the hotel, but in September we will be going back and intend staying for a few days, just to see if the evening meal is as good as the luncheon. The food was wonderful, the wine list very comprehensive with many local wines and above all very reasonably priced. For me, it is one of the best I have had in Spain.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I forget how many times I have stayed at Molino, it must be five or six now and everytime it just gets better and better. My husband and I stayed a few weeks ago as part of our honeymoon and we both said it was the best two days of our trip. From the moment you arrive you get a lovely warm welcome and the staff are more than happy to help you practice your Spanish! Andy and Pauline are also amazing hosts, making you feel right at home.

The rooms are immaculately clean and comfortable and the views over the gardens and up into the hillside are simply breathtaking. But what makes Molino stand out is the food. As part of our stay we decided to try the restaurant's five course tasting menu and I can honestly say it was the best meal I've ever had. The ingredients and wines to match were locally sourced and simply delicious. I think my husband would have licked his plate clean had I let him!

Part of me wants to keep Molino a secret because I love it so much there but it would be unfair not to share with people how wonderful a place it is. You will marvel at its beautiful surroundings and you won't want to leave. I know we'll be heading back next year.

Room Tip: We had room 18 which looked out over the pool and up into the hillside, really beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

It is hard to imagine that you are only few hours drive from a busy city (Marbella) when you enter this landscape. The nature here is just so plentyful and the Molino del Santo so charming! I had heard a lot of positive things about Molino de Santo through friends who had already been there, but I have to say it surpassed all my epectations. The owner as well as the staff was highly professional, yet so warm and friendly. The rooms (I visited several) were well equipped and nicely decorated. The garden was just beautiful with all the flowers and trees and the heated swimmingpool very clean and inviting. Not to forget the food. I had not expected such a gourmet restaurant. My compliments to both the chef and the staff. Even the breakfast was a treat! The only thing I regret was that the stay was much too short. But, I rest assured there will be a next time - some time!!

Room Tip: Nice to have a balcony with view of the garden and swimming pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Many thanks once again to the fantastic team at Molino del Santo. The welcoming owners Andy and Pauline, the absolutely lovely and always smiling Inma, and the very amusing Victor, all of whom treat us like long lost friends.

A huge thank you also to the rest of the staff, who are always more than willing to go that extra mile to make their guests feel right at home. Thanks to the exceptional reception staff, Gordon and the whole kitchen and waiting team who consistently turn out the most fantastic food, the cleaning ladies who do a sterling job in the hotel every day, and finally to the garden and maintenance team who make the place look so colourful and pretty.

It is a pure joy to return to this delightful small hotel, and we will do so again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

A brief, four day visit to the Molino which was as always wonderful. If you haven't been you really most. Even the indifferent weather couldn't dent the experience.
Hard to fault this hotel, expertly run by Andy and Pauline and their wonderful staff. Breakfasts just keep getting better and better. The walking is great and our upgraded room - we paid extra - was fabulous. A genuine treat. This part of Spain is in dire economic straits and needs our money. The surrounding area is still unsold and brilliant to explore. Ignore the Costas and go in land and stay at the Molino.

Room Tip: Ask for a light room.
1  Thank SteveCLondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaojan
Hotel Los Castanos
Hotel Molino del Puente Ronda
Cortijo Las Piletas
Cortijo Las Piletas
#19 of 40 in Ronda

Been to Molino del Santo? Share your experiences!