“They set the gold standard for a small inn!”
Review of Jackson House Inn

Jackson House Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Woodstock B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I both work in hotels and I have to agree with the many reviews already posted, this place is top notch. From the welcome you receive when you arrive till your time of departure it truly is an incredible service experience. The rooms are very nice, the grounds well maintained, the food is fantastic. The hosts Rick and Kathy could not be nicer and their knowledge of the area just adds to the overall experience. I would highly recommend this place to anyone- it made for a very memorable weekend!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you are coming to Vermont to relax and unwind, this is definitely the place to stay. The Jackson House Inn is owned and operated by Rick and Kathy. They are exceptionally great hosts. They take the "Bed & Breakfast" very seriously. Rick sources organic foods from local sources and makes a truly unique breakfast that you will never forget. Kathy has done an outstanding job decorating the Inn and finding the most comfortable bed and bed linens you will ever sleep in. Kathy is very responsive and accommodating to all requests prior to and during your stay. Together they have done an outstanding job restoring the house and grounds. They have a passion for providing guests with the best experience possible and you can be assured to have a very memorable experience.

Rick and Kathy are also very knowledgeable of the surrounding area and can provide you with great guidance in selecting activities of interest in the area. Vermont has beautiful country sides with a lot to see and do.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back side of the property.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

During my thirty+ years of work, I was booked by my travel professionals in many top of the line places on six continents throughout the world. Jackson House in Woodstock ranks among the very best. No question about that. Ambiance, comfort, food, attention to detail, as examples. In addition, one could not encounter a finer hostess and host. (I have never before taken my time to write a review; this B & B deserves one.)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I loved the Jackson House Inn. My new husband and I stayed here for one night on our honeymoon while we were passing through Vermont. First of all, Woodstock is a beautiful town with fun antiques shopping and lots of things to do! We had fun exploring the town, seeing the Quechee Gorge, and going putt putt golfing. :) As soon as we arrived at Jackson House, Rick greeted us and gave us a tour of the house and grounds. We had chosen one of the rooms on the 3rd floor, the Francesca suite. The room was gorgeous...even though the house is old all the rooms/bathrooms have been restored, and they are fully stocked with everything you'd need. Our room had a lovely private balcony with a beautiful view of the backyard. I loved being on the top floor...later that night we had a pretty heavy thunderstorm, and I loved listening to the sound of the rain on the roof. My husband and I had fun exploring the grounds surrounding the B&B, which are amazing as well. We spent a lot of time near the pond. I have to say my favorite part of the whole experience was the breakfast. Rick told us he was going to "challenge our palates" and he did not disappoint! Our first course was cantaloupe with organic raspberries in a red currant sauce, and the main dish was Charleston grits. It was cornmeal with sundried tomatoes, garlic, and topped with award-winning goat cheese! Rick brought out our breakfast and gave us a story behind each ingredient, which was so fascinating. You can tell he is really passionate about what he does! My husband and I coud get over how delicious everything was. We did not want breakfast to end!

This was such a wonderful experience. We now have honeymoon memories of Jackson House Inn that will last us a lifetime! Thank you to Rick and Kathy for making us feel so at home during our short stay. We definitely hope to be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to have traveled extensively both personally and professionally and I believe stayed in some really special places, but after my recent stay at Jackson House Inn I had to add a new entry on my favorites “must return” list. This might seem like a pretty mundane statement, but I am not really a B& B person so for me to rank it as one of my top travel experiences it had to really stand out. My stay might have been so memorable due to it be situated in the quintessential New England town of Woodstock, it could have been perfect beginning of fall weather, but really I think it was the efforts of Inn keepers Rick and Kathy Terwelp and their obvious want to assure you have a memorable stay with them. They graciously welcome you into their well maintained, stylish yet warm very large home set upon three acres of come explore gardens. Like many reviewers before I could rave about the amenities and really comfortable well appointed rooms, but all I really want to do is rave about the food expertly executed by Rick a true creative genius in the kitchen. This man needs to write a cookbook, be on a cooking show, receive tons of attention for the most creative and delicious food I have eaten in a long time and by far the best food on our whole journey through Vermont. I have posted pictures of our magazine worthy courses above; they are not only picture perfect but they were also a little gift box filled with small local food artisans that Rick visits each and every day. Our breakfast consisted of incredibly fresh, well thought out combinations from many small suppliers that together made for a decadent culinary treat. I joked with Rick when leaving that even if the Inn was not totally fabulous, which it is, I will always return as long as he is in the kitchen. I cannot recommend The Jackson House Inn more to all of you-go and be treated the way we all dream of being treated when traveling. Many thanks to Owners Rick and Kathy for the perfect anniversary celebration-I look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Farmergirl26
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at the Jackson House Inn for 2 nights last week. The home is beautifully restored and comfortable. As mentioned by other guests, the grounds have been impeccably manicured. Our hosts, Rick and Kathy are friendly and hospitable. I especially enjoyed the jacuzzi bathtub.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub ask for one.. Some of the rooms only have showers.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this beautiful inn. Every detail from the Frette towels and bedding to the delicious breakfasts Rick prepared for us was attended to. From the moment we met Rick and Kathy who so warmly greeted us ,we knew we made the right choice.
The landscaped grounds will blow you away.
Need a little romantic romantic getaway? This is the inn you should consider. We loved being so close to the charming town of Woodstock where there are wonderful shops and restaurants to choose from. We will definitely come back again .

Room Tip: If you can get the top floor suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple