“Charming B & B”

The Charleston House
Ranked #7 of 15 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My sisters and I just returned from an overnight stay. We loved this B & B! The rooms are beautifully decorated, the beds are comfy and the hosts are very welcoming. The breakfast is absolutely wonderful-no need for lunch! It has a very convenient central location and even though Woodstock is very walkable, it is nice that there is a free trolley running with various stops throughout the town. We would definitely return and recommend this establishment that is perfectly in keeping with the other quaint and historic buildings in Woodstock.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at this Inn in early May during our driving trip around New England.
Woodstock is a delightful town and The Charleston House is a comfortable, spotlessly clean
establishment with luxuriously appointed rooms. We were the only guests and our hosts were
charming and helpful. Breakfast was traditional and delicious with attentive, friendly service.
We enjoyed the family feel of the Inn with framed photographs and delightful pictures.
A really pleasant experience as part of our holiday in U.S.A.

Room Tip: Advisable to select a room at the rear of the Inn as could be noisy on the main street in the holid...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was on a five day motorcycle journey through VT and when heading back south to my home in CT, it started to rain. I got to Queechee, VT and pulled into a shop with WiFi and searched for nearby accomodations. I came across The Charleston House and called them, explaining my precidament. They said "Yes - come on down - we've got plenty of room!". I headed south to the hamlet of Woodstock - a elegant and inviting little down, filled with historic buildings and quaint shops and found the Inn - a beautifully kept vintage home. Once inside I met Dixie and his wife Willa (the owners) who were more than gracious - they even moved their car to allow me to park the bike under their carport! They put me up in the most gorgeous room I think I've ever stayed in complete with a mile high bed (with stairs), a fireplace, AND a Jaccuzzi Tub! That tub was especially welcoming as I had been roughing it the past couple days staying at campsites and cabins. I so enjoyed that room and the next morning they prepared a wonderful breakfast and sat with me an chatted about the area and my trip over the next hour. As the Inn was quet as it was an off day, they allowed me to stay as long as I needed to so I could take a stroll through the shops in town which I so enjoyed.

I will definitely be back to this place to visit this lovely B&B and the wonderful folks who own/run it!

Room Tip: The Summer Kitchen Room is where I stayed - I would highly recommend it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Victoria Z
Reviewed May 12, 2013

yes, the charleston house is charming and in the heart of woodstock, a beautiful vermont town. yes, willa and dixii are warm and inviting. however, the breakfast that willa puts on the table is second to none. it is delicious and it is plentiful. in fact, i skipped lunch each time i had willa's breakfast. i can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have just spent two wonderful nights at this lovely B&B.
The entire property is spotlessly clean.
Our room was beautifully and luxuriously appointed with no comfort- detail overlooked.
Breakfast was served in an elegant dining room and it was a sumptious, gourmet feast!
Willa and Dixi are the consummate hosts--warm, friendly, helpful.
An added bonus is the asy walking distance to dining and shopping.
We try to plan a getaway at this time every year.
The Charleston house will now be our Woodstock choice!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is an Inn with a period feel in easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants in Woodstock. Our room was large and comfortable with a four poster bed. Although we were at the front of the property, we didn't have any issues with noise from the road.
We've never previously stayed at a hotel or B&B where none of the rooms had locks. It was a bit unsettling at first but everything was fine!
The breakfasts were gigantic - beautifully cooked and presented but too much for everyone around the table at our 8:30 sitting (the other sitting was at 9:30). The dining room and table were very attractive and it was good to have the opportunity to talk to other guests.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Arrived here for 1 night to be told there was a free upgrade available for us! On seeing the room, Summer Kitchen, we decided to stay 2 nights! Lovely B&B, spotlessly clean & beautifully furnished. We had both a fireplace and jacuzzi bath. There is parking at the B&B and free wi-fi.
Breakfast is served at a table with other guests which was very interesting. The breakfast was delicious and different on both mornings. We had no special food requirements but Willa did check this with us on arrival.It is only a few minutes walk to Woodstock and its shops & restuarants. The owners were always available to help guests and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple