“Worthy place indeed, must-go in Vermont”
Review of Worthy Kitchen

Worthy Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Woodstock
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Loved that place: great chillaxed semi-selfservice concept, daily menu written on a board, friendly service, great selection of beers, reasonable prices. The atmosphere is very relaxed and convivial.

The food might be seasonal and local, while at the same time creative: I had tortillas with pumkin, and then some surprisingly good eastern-European style pickles. The steak salad was delicious, so were the wood-smoked mac&cheese.

The portions sizes are... European, let's say (naturally, sustainable food is more expensive), but that's actually great because this way you can taste several dishes.

And btw, they played great rock music that evening.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Some of the best fish (mahi-mahi) I've had in VT. And perfectly cooked. Reasonable prices- don't come here expecting TGIF portions, but do come expecting quality. I know for a fact that they make a big effort to use local- I think I may have picked the beans that came with my fish!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic. It's not upscale, but the fresh salad with goat cheese, the maple/bacon chicken wings, the pickle plate, truffle fries, and squash were the best food I had in Woodstock. Above the tasty food was the service. The bartenders were great!!! They let you try any beer, but it's not a sip, its's a considerable amount. 18 beers on tap, cool concept! Highly recommend this joint.

1  Thank Sean R
Reviewed October 27, 2013

OK…..so we went back...this time just for a beer or two. Why should you care about my ramblings? Well I spend my life in the hospitality business and I am very fussy and demanding but I always try to offer balanced thoughts. This place does do what it says it is trying to do...simple.

It's still an easy going affair, with many local brews that the staff know about, The set up is simple...you do the leg work and they cut you a deal on prices. I simply don't get these folks who seem to think that:
A) The food is expensive...when most things are priced under $10.00
B) The staff are meant to wait on you hand and foot, they simply clear away my messy leftovers.
C) The layout of the place and how it works is confusing.
D) The food is of poor quality.
E) They should welcome kids, it’s a bar not a playground.
F) The place is noisy....err it's a lively bar aimed at younger folks and when was the last time you can recall that youthful folks don't make noise? I'm an old git....yet I seem to be able to chat without bother. You want a quiet date...then go elsewhere....

In the Kitchen's defence the single TV is often not on (RESULT!) the music selection is not over loud, and the place is not trying to be a restaurant where you sit for hours.

If one does an ounce of research you quickly get a handle on the Worthy brand; the staff are great, and the food is nearly all local and sustainable. If you get a bad piece of chicken or steak complain then and there not days later via TripAdvisor. Sure some bits of meat can be occasionally tough but I'm sure they'd replace it.....could you tell a bad piece before you sink your chops into it?

So should you go...yes....and take a designated driver as the beers are excellent but also fairly strong. Will I be back...yup in about a week as the place does seem to be very consistent and is really wonderfully refreshing for Woodstock.

Thank Davidbignose!
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The food wasn't anything to write home about and it seemed to be priced pretty expensive. They did have a nice beer selection though. Not good seating though, too hard. I don't think we would go again. Oh and you have to do everything yourself, order and pick up your food. Not sure what the waitstaff is there for besides bussing tables.

1  Thank Ann21345

Been to Worthy Kitchen? Share your experiences!