“First time”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Atlanta, Georgia
“First time”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Many different things to look at. Fresh baked items. Staff helpful.

Visited December 2011

Woodstock, Vermont
“Sandwich Heaven and much more!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

21 great sandwichs on the menu. Or, "Soup and Sandwich Special". Or, "Invent Your Own"! How cool is that?

Recently expanded, the Woodstock Farmer's Market offers a great selection of entrees for take-out, as well as their outstanding sandwichs. Along with top quality produce, 'Chocolat' (think Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp in Vermont), and a staff that obviously loves their jobs, you get a chance to brighten YOUR day. Just by going shopping for sustinence. Oh, I almost forgot their great desserts. (I must resist...resist...oops.)

Yes, you will see the fancy SUV's from all over the country in the parking lot. But, don't let that fool you. Watch for the occasional 'beater' truck belonging to the local workmen. They know great food when they see it. Always a good sign...

BTW, the wine selection is very nice. I recommend the Cline Ancient Vines, in either Mourvedre or Zinfandel.(wink)

So, go there, order a standard (The #2 Moonlight in Vermont is exceptional) or custom sandwich. Pick up some wine, and then come back to the Village. Faulkner Park on Mountain Avenue is always quiet. There IS a rule about that...(grin, not kidding). Hike Mt Tom from the Park. Overlook the whole of Woodstock from the top. Or, simply enjoy a bench on The Village Green. It's all good. Especially in October.

Yes, I am a local that could survive very happily just eating Woodstock Farmers Market food. But, I need to give you a safety tip. The Woodstock Chamber of Commerce map deceptively shows the Farmers Market as a short stroll along US Route 4 from Woodstock Village. It is not. It is .7 mile of high speed traffic, with only a narrow shoulder for walking between the white line and the guardrail. I work in the Village and see people attempting this too many times. I warn all I can. Please do not walk. Take your car. Arrive alive.

Don't let Route 4 spoil your Woodstock Farmers Market experience. It truly is a great place...!

Can you love a Farmers Market...?.(both thumbs up)

Skip

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank chw17
Columbus, OH
“Excellent sandwiches”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stopped here to pick up sandwiches that we ate in the park in Woodstock.
I had the #5 veggie wrap and my wife had the #20 half-sandwich with soup. Wow! Delicious food and excellent value.

• Visited July 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Yummy sandwiches!”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I was up in Woodstock over the weekend and had to try out the Woodstock Farmers Market. The sandwich I ordered was delicious and very big. It was perfect for a picnic during our bike ride!

I wish I lived closer so that I could go there regularly and pick up fruits and such. Their samples were great that were out and staff friendly.

• Visited May 2011
Burnham, United Kingdom
“Great Selection of Products - Wonderful sandwiches”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My wife and I just love this place - whenever we are in Woodstock we visit this store to buy a picnic lunch. The selection, quality and value for money of the sandwiches is "awesome".
Also a great place to shop for something a little different to eat. We have never had the opportunity to buy the fresh meat or fish but both look excellent. The staff are always most helpful and friendly - we will certainly visit again when in the area.

• Visited February 2011