“Food: average/pricey...Service: less than desirable”
Review of Mountain Creamery

Mountain Creamery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Woodstock
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 16, 2010

It was our first and last visit to this restaurant. We felt a definite anti-tourist sentiment. If you were a local it was quite evident you were treated very differently.
The sandwiches were average - nothing special - pricey. One does not mind spending a little more even for average food if the service is good. That was not the case! After our food arrived, we were never approached and asked if everything was okay, nor were our beverages ever refilled. They sat empty! Kind of like the feeling we were left with.
So sad!

3  Thank Traveldog07
There are newer reviews for Mountain Creamery

Reviewed October 26, 2009

This is a memorable small friendly restaurant in downtown Woodstock, Vermont. The four of us got seated just before the arrival of a bus-load of people, so the place was packed. But it was quiet and service was efficient and friendly. I ordered the "mile-high apple pie" as my lunch entree, shared a sandwich and of course shared my apple pie. Everything was delicious.

2  Thank SouthJerseyEatwell
Reviewed August 15, 2009

I can't speak for the cafe--we never visited, but the ice cream this place produces is some of the best I had--and I sampled over 18 shops across Vermont, Maine, Mass and New Hampshire. It's rich, creamy, and fresh. It's traditional--not exotic, so don't expect unusual flavors of other gourmet shops. The waffle cones are crisp and made on the spot--usually not left to get hard and soggy. Divine! My only regret is that nothing like this exists around my hometown!

2  Thank morningglory1
Reviewed August 8, 2009

My husband doesn't tend to remember places by the meals, but I do. With the Mountain Creamery, he raved about the breakfast the entire trip. He rates their breakfast as the "Best Breakfast Ever". I thought the breakfast was good too, although I'm not a breakfast person. The eggs were very fluffy and you could tell fresh from the farm. My husband had the veggie omelette with home fries and toast and describes it as "amazing". The waitress was so friendly and nice. We aren't crazy about Woodstock, a bit yuppie for us, but this was a nice reprieve from the somewhat obnoxious entitled tourists. We also had the ice cream downstairs which was so CREAMY and light and so very yummy! They accommodated my request for scoops of both peanut butter and chocolate ice cream so I could try both. I totally recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank providencemelis
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Don't miss this friendly neighborhood place for great breakfasts. They have all the usual breakfast items plus delicious homemade jam, which you can buy a jar of to take home. Downstairs is an ice-cream shop for later in the day when you need a little pick-me-up: the cones are $5 but the largest I've ever seen!

1  Thank jamiho