“looks a little shabby but the foods good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Woodstock
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
South Wales UK
“looks a little shabby but the foods good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

we had sandwiches here on our first day in Woodstock there were nice, couldn't find anything that resembles breakfast we went back to the creamery i had egg on toast my husband had pancakes which we both enjoyed,

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Redlands, California
“Great Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great place to go to for a down-home delicious breakfast. And the price is right! The pancakes were great and the waitresses friendly

Visited August 2013
Quechee, Vermont
“Not worth the steps it takes to get there.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dear God, this is one of those times that I wish there was a ZERO star option. My husband and I went into the Mountain Creamery Friday night as we were driving around town. Hoping to cool off from the oppressive mugginess, we entered this basement dungeon of a place. Trying not to judge a book by it's cover, we opted for two of their homemade ice creams, maple walnut and some brownie concoction. We went with regular cones as the "waffle" style were sitting on the counter graciously providing shelter for a horde of flies, and likely had been reduced to that terrible flexible state by the humidity. First of all, $4.30 for a cone is outrageous, I don't care if you make the ice cream yourself. Secondly, if you are going to call your creation "maple" anything, then people are going to expect maple flavor. This was not the case. The ice cream, heavy with walnuts, tasted bland and flavorless. A pale white blob on top of a stale cone. Supremely weak. I offered a bite to my husband who just shook his head. And if you want a sundae, you pay per the topping so a hot fudge mess ends up being close to $7 for the standard toppings that are included elsewhere. The girl behind the counter was pleasant enough but this weird little storage area shop is definitely not worth the six steps down that it takes to get there.

• Visited September 2013
Boston
“Good Place, Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our soups and sandwiches were good ... but it must be other food which gets this place such rave reviews.

• Visited August 2013
Western MA
“It was a treat in more ways then one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I live in Western MA and on Saturday 8/17/2013 I suggested that we go for a ride somewhere in New England that we could do in one day. In the 80's I used to go to VT on business and suggested we go to VT but I wanted a destination, so I suggested Woodstock VT. It was about 2 hours and 15 minutes from where we live. Woodstock by itself is the subject of a Tripadvisor entry on its own. We had walked around this very friendly town, visited the Library, the Welcome center, and various wonderful businesses. Around noon we were getting hungry but there are so many different places to eat. I decided to stop and ask a postman who was walking by where we could go to for lunch. He suggested we go to the Mountain Creamery. He said the sandwiches were good and the wait staff friendly and a little crazy. The restaurant interior is hard to describe except that it is not uniformly set up with neat little rows and tables but spread out. It's hard to explain but when we walked in, there was just an atmosphere that made you feel like you belonged there and were welcome. We sat at a window table for two. Next to us,judging from the language she was speaking, there was a young lady Skyping with her family in Scandinavia, when she left a renowned author and producer took her table. A man and his wife from Ireland sat next to them. Soon we were all engaged in conversation. It was so cordial and friendly and made lunch such fun. We chose two different sandwiches. A Vermonte Cristo and a Pulled Ham (yes ham) sandwich. Both were incredibly wonderful. I was sure I had never tasted a sandwich this good. We followed the sandwich with the most wonderful home made apple pie with (also home made) vanilla ice cream ( with a butter fat content the waitress said I wouldn't want to know) The waitress also gave us samplers of Rum Raisin, Chocolate with Cherries soaked in Port, and Pistachio. All were delicious. We took home a three berry pie and again were amazed how good it was. Our waitress was so much fun and so funny that I felt she was a long time friend and next door neighbor. Woodstock, its people and the best sandwiches I've ever had makes me want to go back very soon. It's like coming home to a place so warm, so familiar, and so pleasant that you wonder why you ever left and you’re not even from there.
It's open for breakfast and lunch only.

• Visited August 2013