“Quaint Ski Slope”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Quaint Ski Slope”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very small but nice enough. Good for beginners. (I learned to ski here:-) Great lessons and cafeteria. There are only 21 trails though and they're rarely all open. It's nice for a few hours but make sure not to be there when there are a lot of tourists. This place is overpriced so I only go once a year. There is a nice program offered to local kids in elementary school called Ski Runners. It's after school one day a week for 2 months of the winter and they ski during the afternnon in small groups with an instructor. Very fun.

3 Thank indigo7654

Hartland, Vermont
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fun family skiing in a classic VT spot”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My family and I have skied at Suicide Six for years and love it. It's a small mountain, but a lot of fun. The lodge has great food, a really fun bar, and a gigantic fireplace. Well worth a trip for a classic Vermont ski venue.

2 Thank RookerVT
Noank, CT
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Family atmosphere”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We visited Suicide Six this past weekend, and even though it was crowded due to the holiday weekend, it was a great day. We have 4 young boys (10, 9, 7 and 3) who had never been skiing. We got them into 1 hour lessons (yes, even the 3 yr old) and they really enjoyed their instructors and skiing! My older ones were able to go onto the actual mountain after their lessons to practice what they had learned. I got the feeling that this is a very family oriented place, no frills but welcoming and laid back. We will return!

2 Thank my4sons
Palm Bay, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice little resort at the birthplace of downhill skiing”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This re.sort has an odd name, but a lot of history. You could arguably say that it is the birthplace of downhill skiing.
The mountain has good snow for the east coast. The service is good and it is a very good value compared to the larger resorts (Stowe, Killington, etc.).
Even on holiday weekends the crowds are manageable.

Surrey
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great for a beginner like me, very friendly”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I am a first time, very nervous skier. The resort is small but it has everything and a really nice, friendly atmosphere. Everyone was so helpful and we were never made to feel our questions were silly. Instructors again very kind and the guys in the hire shop so nice helping fit the gear and making sure we were comfortable. It makes a huge difference! It was very cold so probably quieter than it would usually be at the weekend. No complaints.

Visited January 2012