“Fantastic Place to Stay!”
Review of The Woodbridge Inn

The Woodbridge Inn
Ranked #8 of 16 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My best B&B experience so far! Went to woodstock to run a half marathon with my girlfriend and family. Kristi and Dan were absolutely phenomenal to stay with, the food was great and it was a wonderful experience for all of us. Very close to town, a really amazing family pizza restaurant right next door for late night snacks, and an incredibly comfortable bed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Woodbridge Inn

Reviewed June 16, 2013

First let me say that if you have read any reviews of this bed & breakfast that are from prior to August of 2012, disregard them. Kristi and Dan began operating the Woodbridge Inn less than a year ago.
This was actually our first B&B experience and we could not have been more pleased. When we arrived Dan was warm and welcoming but also careful to give us our privacy as we settled in. He showed us around the house and yard. The yard overlooks the river and has some great spaces, including chairs by a stone fireplace, for sitting and enjoying the gorgeous outdoor views. Kristi was out of town when we arrived and we would meet her in the morning. We ended up having some fun and interesting conversation with Dan during the evening, after we returned from spending time in town for dinner.
Our room was cozy and comfortable, beautifully and tastefully appointed (as was the entire house.) Every place we looked throughout the inn was immaculately spotless. The bed was SUPER comfortable and both my husband and I got one of the best night's sleep we had had in a long time. In the morning we went downstairs and were welcomed by a cup of Dan's coffee. Not only does he brew the coffee, he gets beans from all over the world and roasts and blends them himself. While enjoying the delicious coffee, we waited with anticipation for our breakfast as tremendous smells wafted into the dining room from the kitchen. We met Kristi, who is as warm and welcoming as her husband; she served us our breakfast which started with fresh, organic berries with yogurt and homemade granola. That would have been enough but was followed by heavenly French toast made with homemade wheat bread topped with caramelized bananas and walnuts and accompanied by local sausage. It was quite likely the best breakfast I have ever eaten.
I cannot speak highly enough about this lovely inn and its owners. My only disappointment is that we were only booked for one night.The entire experience well exceeded our expectations and we will certainly return to enjoy this gem in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Once again a wonderful escape at our favorite B&B! As usual Kristi and Dan were fabulous hosts. You truly made my sister and I feel like family. Sitting outside along the river was so serene. Of course their "furry kids" Max and Harmony were very excited to see us. Our room was so cozy and comfortable. My new favorite room. Love the feather overlay for the mattress! It was sooo comfortable! And our French Toast for breakfast was mouth-watering. We can' t wait to go back again. Next time we are going to stay longer! I am so glad I found this place. Dan and Kristi have done a great job with this place. They are an asset to the B&B community! See you soon. Patty and Kathie

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Woodbridge Inn for 2 nights as our first B&B experience and I have to say it was a great one! We wanted to spend most of the weekend exploring the area and Dan and Kristi had some great suggestions for first time visitors. Their home (and puppies!) were very welcoming and just what you need after a long day of snowshoeing and maplehouse touring. Oh and Kristi's breakfasts are perfect to get your day started! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My sister and I had come to the area to visit our father, who had just been put into hospice care. It was an emotionally challenging trip. We stayed with Kristi and Dan, who were ... oh so warm, inviting and nurturing. When they found out that we were visiting our dad in hospice care, Kristi said, "let us give you a soft place to land"; that's exactly what they did.

We loved the feel of the house with the original wooden planked floors and old style nails. Amazingly the floors didn't squeak, not sure how they accomplished that! I had one of the best night sleeps I've had in months in their cozy bed.

Our breakfast of eggs, homemade bread they toasted, yogurt, granola and fresh berries was magnificent and carried us until dinner time.

These two are doing everything right, from the warmth of their personalities and the environment to incredible food and coffee. The Woodbridge Inn is truly a "soft place to land".

Submitted by Dr. TC North, Colorado

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 nights the week of President's Day.We are very frequent Bed and Breakfast guests.Our stay was everything you could hope for in a B&B. Dan and Kristi were fantastic hosts,the inn was exceptionally comfortable and the common rooms all very nice.Every breakfast was delicious and memorable and included Dan's fresh roasted coffee beans and Kristi's wonderful dishes.We have never meet an innkeeper who wasn't gracious but this couple were especially friendly and gracious. We have stayed in the Woodstock area about 6 times and we just love this area. You can choose from many in-town B&B's but we found this gem only a few minutes outside of town where peace and quiet prevails. It is the best of both worlds. It literally sits on the banks of the Ottaquechee River the same river that flows behind the Long Trail Brewery about 2 miles up the road. If you ask nicely, Dan might even make you one of his "Vermontini's".Next time you are staying in the Woodstock Vermont area you can spend a lot of time looking for a great B&B or save all that time and just stay here !!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Woodbridge Inn on President's day weekend to grab a last bit of peace and quiet and romance before the arrival of our baby in about a month. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

In my mind, there are two types of (worthwhile) B&Bs. One is quite formal-- you never quite feel fully at ease, but everything is stunning like it just came out of a magazine. The second, and what I prefer, is the kind where you feel like you are staying with old friends who happen to have a beautiful house and are awesome cooks. The Woodbridge is very much in the second category. Dan and Kristi make you feel completely at ease, and their two adorable Shih tzus get you laughing right away. The furniture is tasteful but comfortable-- there are no backache inducing antiques to be found. We were greeted with delicious ginger molasses cookies and tea as well. We loved warming up next to their wood-fired stove while enjoying good conversation and cuddling with the dogs.

We found our room to be very comfortable. I had been really nervous about staying in a B&B being 34 weeks pregnant, but slept just as comfortably as I do at home. The complimentary, locally made lotion was lovely as well. The property is also beautiful. It is out of town and so much quieter than some of the other nearby B&Bs, and backs on to a stream where (given the right weather) you can trout fish, hike a bit, or even go snow mobiling (apparently the property is a few feet from a huge network of trails).

Breakfast was absolutely divine (I am a foodie and free-time cook, so this is a BIG selling point for me). We started with Dan's home-roasted coffee-- I had read about this in reviews and was skeptical, having had some pretty awful renditions of home roasted coffee, but his was really delicious-- nutty and rich and not at all bitter. Apparently he used to have a business selling his beans before they moved out to Vermont in August, and is working on getting one going in Woodstock. We then had a starter of yogurt and fresh berries with home-made granola. The granola was probably the best I've ever had-- I requested (and, am grateful to say, was given) the recipe, and I think it will be a staple in my house too. The "main" dish was a german pancake with apples-- I had never had anything like it, but it was custardy and had a chewy, delicious caramelized bottom. The meat-eating guests had bacon, and my husband and I enjoyed some delicious scrambled eggs alongside our pancake. Even the eggs were memorable-- how do you manage that? The food isn't fussy or precious, it is just absolutely delicious and homey.

They are still working on rebuilding the old inn in their vision, as they just took over the business in August. I imagine that it will just keep getting better as they iron out the kinks in the house and bring the aesthetic in line with their tastes. They are also really open to feedback and actively learning about the area (though they are already full of great suggestions and tips, and have tons of brochures and guidebooks available and well organized if you need them). I have no doubt that the Inn will get better and better with time.

I left completely delighted with the experience, but dismayed that I had accidentally left the granola recipe that they had printed out for me. Today, I got an email from Kristi thanking us for coming and resending the recipe, because they had found the sheet that I'd left. Really, what more could a guest want?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple